Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1899 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #28471
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Btw looked it up it's fast burn heads

xrunndonex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #28472
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Working in the garage hoping to keep it under 100 degrees on sat. Sunday taking the truck out with the windows down and no a/c. Then probably working in the garage more. What heat?
this. minus the part where i actually get to drive my truck,.

I was bending the last damn brake line after cutting and re-flaring it....and kinked it.

SON OF A *****! I came in to the house after that. now it's 10:30 and i'm still working on work.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #28473
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is a very good read for anyone who carries a gun for protection. maybe your choice of 45 ACP doesnt really matter anyway?
http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/fire...#ixzz2Wlqn0JoR
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #28474
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Here ya go space ball a little inspiration
http://peoria.craigslist.org/cto/3890148079.html
Wow they did an awful lot of work to f up a Comanche!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #28475
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is it Friday yet ?
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #28476
sirhk100

That Comanche is screaming to be Lemons raced!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #28477
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Is it Friday yet ?
Having that kind of week too!
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #28478
sirhk100

Well, back living the big life!!! Gotta push button gate again finally! No more getting in and out every time I pull out of my drive to deal with the gate.

Picked up the new leaf springs for the race truck last night so I'll get started on that project tonight. Hoping to redo the rear bumpstops and get some mods done on the axle housing I want to do. I also need to press the shackle pivot bushings out of the frame rail so I can hopefully find new ones of those tomorrow. If I can pull all of that off, should make for a decent sat morning. Hoping to have the garage reasonably cooled with the overnight swamp action and then assemble the rear of the truck.

Unread 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #28479
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Out of curiosity, is there anything you could have done differently to prevent that type of damage to the springs on the truck or is it pretty much standard to have to replace leafs after every race or two?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #28480
sirhk100

It's common to have to replace leaf springs every race from everyone we've talked to and I've been involved with. They're a consumable. Most legit teams actually have 3 sets of leafs so you can always have a fresh set for the truck, a spare set for race day and a 3rd set off being rebuilt to shuffle thru the rotation. We'll repair our broken one and then likely sell off that set and pickup another brand new set so we'll at least have 2 pairs to rotate thru since it's not like we're running an aggressive race schedule and have lots of times between races to have them serviced.

Come get a ride in it sometime and see the abuse it gets put thru and it'll make more sense. LOL I really think most people are shocked when they see how punished the truck gets. The rides I've given everyone so far, still aren't what I was driving pace wise on race day and I'm sure everyone on here that has ridden in it will vouch that it's not a nice smooth gracious sunday cruise. It's actually kinda violent in a way.

I may be taking it out for a quick run mid-late July once I have it back together. Was going to keep it low key and probably just be whoever I have pull it out and me. Would like a 3rd person though in case something breaks so we're not hiking in 100+ temps. Will make sure to take that 3rd person for at least a quick run too if they wanted. I'm only looking to put like 20-30 miles on the truck in the heat to make sure everything looks and works fine.

Unread 06-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #28481
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

To go back to the window tint discussion, I measured 142 in the van just now. If that special tint reduces that temp even 5-10 degrees, and/or helps preserve the plastic dash board for just a few years longer, it's worth it. Even if you're not one to spend all day in your car, all the interior parts do spend all day in your car, and would likely appreciate the reduced temps and UV exposure. I think I'll be investing in some tint for the TJ for sure. Unfortunately, it will likely be autumn before I have the resource to pay for it! Rofl

Edit-I'm tarded. Went back and read Khris' post again-no heat reduction. Never mind! Still wanna get everything tinted though!
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #28482
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I bought a sunscreen from Costco last weekend and it came with 2 sunshades for windows. I've been using them in the work truck and it seems to help a bit when I leave it parked out in the sun. It's still hot but doesn't seem as hot.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #28483
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
To go back to the window tint discussion, I measured 142 in the van just now. If that special tint reduces that temp even 5-10 degrees, and/or helps preserve the plastic dash board for just a few years longer, it's worth it. Even if you're not one to spend all day in your car, all the interior parts do spend all day in your car, and would likely appreciate the reduced temps and UV exposure. I think I'll be investing in some tint for the TJ for sure. Unfortunately, it will likely be autumn before I have the resource to pay for it! Rofl

Edit-I'm tarded. Went back and read Khris' post again-no heat reduction. Never mind! Still wanna get everything tinted though!
I haven't had a day yet this summer where I hop in my expo and go "F me it's hot in here!" In fact when I get in, it really doesn't seem any hotter inside the expo then it does outside. I do put a window shade across the windshield, have 1 or 2 windows cracked and then obviously the tint all around and the windshield film. The sales dude said the more expensive stuff didn't cut back on heat, it was more for uv/sun exposure and was good for people that spend all day driving. He said if you're the type that the car sits in the parking lot at work all day though you really don't gain anything for the added cost.

Unread 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #28484
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Marn, where can i find 12x12 paver bricks at a decent price? Like under a buck each.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #28485
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I haven't had a day yet this summer where I hop in my expo and go "F me it's hot in here!" In fact when I get in, it really doesn't seem any hotter inside the expo then it does outside. I do put a window shade across the windshield, have 1 or 2 windows cracked and then obviously the tint all around and the windshield film. The sales dude said the more expensive stuff didn't cut back on heat, it was more for uv/sun exposure and was good for people that spend all day driving. He said if you're the type that the car sits in the parking lot at work all day though you really don't gain anything for the added cost.
I wonder though, does all the plastic benefit from the reduced UV? May keep it from cracking as quickly? Or is it the heat that causes the cracking? Someone should make their kids do that experiment for the school science fair!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.