Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1894 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #28396
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Marn, who ended up being willing to work on that gas tank? I have a couple Jerry cans that I need the insides of cleaned out. The mfr painted the insides, and it's starting to wrinkle an come off. I don't want little paint jellies in my fuel system, so I need to find somewhere that can effectively remove all the interior paint for me.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get new cans?

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #28397
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

If you worked in my end of the industry, you'd think drilling a hole in a jeep was one step short of going to hell... I used to think Jeep people had a clue, working here with the customer base we have. I'm surprised they know how to get up in the morning.

I know I've shown this before but it's not just coincidental or boredom that the instructions for this ended up 3 pages long. The parenthesis in #3 also isn't by pure chance and is there for a reason. And the youtube link at the bottom because the instructions were too hard to follow also isn't just for fun... So yeah, go ahead and think Jeep owners are just awesome and great and know totally what they're doing but I'd totally argue otherwise!!!

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/125399.pdf

Hey greg, how was the install of those hood hold downs on your '13? Cause according to the *** chewing I got on the phone friday afternoon those are 100% impossible to install according to the customer and his 3 master mopar techs. Yeah, jeep owners are all amazing!!!
Hey, that gas cap was tough! I had to read the instructions 4-5 times and still watched the video 3 times!

Seriously, if someone can't figure out how to install a simple gas cap...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #28398
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Dang how did you bend that?
BIIIIIIG Rocks lol
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #28399
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garza

biiiiiig rocks lol:d plus biiig tires!
fify!
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #28400
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get new cans?
Yeah, probably. $40 each. I should do that and then sell mine! Lol
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #28401
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe if others are interested, we can split the cost for the gas tank liner kits to keep the inside fresh? One kit should do four cans maybe?
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #28402
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I just had a guy who is now my go-to free lance mechanic take care of it.

My tank was totally clean inside, and it just needed welded, not lined or cleaned. he just filled it with water, welded it, then cleaned up the weld. Charged me for 2 hours time.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #28403
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Maybe if others are interested, we can split the cost for the gas tank liner kits to keep the inside fresh? One kit should do four cans maybe?
dude, just buy new tanks.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #28404
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

dude, just buy new tanks.
I will, but unfortunately, they like to paint the insides. I don't know why they do that, because gasoline is a solvent, especially with oil based paints. If the liner kits aren't too expensive, I would imagine they could extend the life of the tanks. The two I have are only a few years old. Maybe I should look at the rotopax that Merrick was suggesting instead of the steel tanks?
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #28405
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

I will, but unfortunately, they like to paint the insides. I don't know why they do that, because gasoline is a solvent, especially with oil based paints. If the liner kits aren't too expensive, I would imagine they could extend the life of the tanks. The two I have are only a few years old. Maybe I should look at the rotopax that Merrick was suggesting instead of the steel tanks?
Go plastic.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #28406
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Before

After

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #28407
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Marn, who ended up being willing to work on that gas tank? I have a couple Jerry cans that I need the insides of cleaned out. The mfr painted the insides, and it's starting to wrinkle an come off. I don't want little paint jellies in my fuel system, so I need to find somewhere that can effectively remove all the interior paint for me.
Looks good, did you ever get that fan setup installed?
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #28408
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
fify!
Tire size has nothing to do with how that happened. I tend to go KOH style through the boulders sometimes. Tie-rod pushed into the cylinder shaft at full right turn and hit the middle of the shaft at full extension. Not to worry, a new ram guard/skid will be installed soon so that won't happen again.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #28409
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Looks good, did you ever get that fan setup installed?
Assuming you meant to quote jared?

Quote:

Unread 06-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #28410
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, we got that.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.