Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1893 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #28381
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

Your employer will cover the medical part, and when it's all done, you'll be rated for disability. At that point, you will receive a settlement depending on your disability percentage. You will also receive 66 2/3% of your salary from the workers comp insurance. It's not hopeless, but it does suck! Shoulder surgery isn't fun! Mine was a small tear in the labrum, and was easily repaired. Rotator cuffs can be simple or complete, open surgical repair. Dr patti did mine with only four 1/4" incisions! You can request the dr of your choice, it's NV law!
Tomorrow i will be talking to the owner of the company about getting the claim going. I tell you what, this ****ing sucks. The pain is horrible, any movement from my arm and it's a knife in the shoulder.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #28382
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yup, it's torn! You'll get some groovy pain killers. They'll probably try PT first, then when they see that it's not working, they'll send you to the surgeon. Remember, dr patti and MML for PT. they were all great with me when I had mine. It's worst just after surgery when you need to start moving it again. It feels like you're tearing it with each movement. It's not terrible though. It does get better.
Unread 06-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #28383
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

My buddy turned me onto this stuff called biofreeze, its good ****! It's dulling the pain a bit... Its like icyhot but stronger
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #28384
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dang Puck, sorry to hear about your shoulder man! Anything I can do to give you a hand let me know
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #28385
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sucks to hear about the shoulder dude. Just try to take it easy for a while and definitely follow the doctors orders

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #28386
sirhk100

I hate surgeries!!! Always seems like the rehab post surgery is more painful then the initial injury. Someday I'll have to do my knee but I still have vivid memories of the post knife fun last time so I'm procrastinating the heck out of it!

So... Anyone bored this afternoon. I'll be chilling in the garage playing the beadlock game if you wanna come hangout. Don't even need any help, bring some beers and chill in front of the swamp cooler and watch me sweat if you want. LOL I figure it's only going to get disturbingly hotter as the week goes on so I'm going to try and knock out all 4 tonight.

Tomorrow night I'm hoping to get some outside house stuff done. Ugh... sounds hot already! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #28387
sirhk100

Greg, where you the one that's been up to Mammoth a bit? If so, ever done wheelers crest mine trail between bishop and mammoth? If so, think a FJ on 33's with a rear locker will make it? From what I'm seeing he shouldn't have an issue but just curious if that happened to be any of the trails you did.

Unread 06-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #28388
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I mostly messed around on some of the forest service roads to the north of Mammon and we did Laurel Lakes.

Here are some good pictures and info about Laurel Lakes http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...h-Laurel-Lakes
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #28389
sirhk100

Cool, I'll check that out.

So... Anyone with a JK want a free used drake fuel door. It's in good shape. It's just an older version that's been on the owners jeep for awhile and I pulled it off so that I could do an install of the new one to update the instructions. You have to drill a hole or two in your body to mount it though. Install is pretty easy and straight forward. We could probably even knock it out really quick at my house one evening if you wanted.

Unread 06-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #28390
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Cool, I'll check that out.

So... Anyone with a JK want a free used drake fuel door. It's in good shape. It's just an older version that's been on the owners jeep for awhile and I pulled it off so that I could do an install of the new one to update the instructions. You have to drill a hole or two in your body to mount it though. Install is pretty easy and straight forward. We could probably even knock it out really quick at my house one evening if you wanted.
People drill holes in their Jeep??? Crazy talk

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #28391
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
People drill holes in their Jeep??? Crazy talk
If you worked in my end of the industry, you'd think drilling a hole in a jeep was one step short of going to hell... I used to think Jeep people had a clue, working here with the customer base we have. I'm surprised they know how to get up in the morning.

I know I've shown this before but it's not just coincidental or boredom that the instructions for this ended up 3 pages long. The parenthesis in #3 also isn't by pure chance and is there for a reason. And the youtube link at the bottom because the instructions were too hard to follow also isn't just for fun... So yeah, go ahead and think Jeep owners are just awesome and great and know totally what they're doing but I'd totally argue otherwise!!!

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/125399.pdf

Hey greg, how was the install of those hood hold downs on your '13? Cause according to the *** chewing I got on the phone friday afternoon those are 100% impossible to install according to the customer and his 3 master mopar techs. Yeah, jeep owners are all amazing!!!

Unread 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #28392
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Fun stuff today, bent assist ram so it's getting replaced and might as well throw in a new pump. Old pump and ram getting sent off to be refreshed so I'll have spares.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #28393
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dang how did you bend that?
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #28394
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So i think tonight i just need to flare and bend 1 more line, then I will be able to get everything fully bolted in for my brakes.

I plan to bend and flare the last line, then at least bench bleed the MC. I guess i should weld a bolt onto the frame or something to hold the prop valve in place before all of that though.

After that, gas tank goes back up, a few loose ends to tie up, swap tires, and boom. Quite possible that the jeep will be mobile this weekend.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #28395
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, who ended up being willing to work on that gas tank? I have a couple Jerry cans that I need the insides of cleaned out. The mfr painted the insides, and it's starting to wrinkle an come off. I don't want little paint jellies in my fuel system, so I need to find somewhere that can effectively remove all the interior paint for me.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.