Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1882 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #28216
sirhk100

I still haven't measured my front axle shaft to get the one I really need ordered. I'm fine on spline engagement but am a bit hesitant about hitting dirt with it cause the shaft doesn't actually ride on the seal meaning there's a chance for dust to actually get into the 3rd member. I was going to measure it up last night but that didn't happen. Since the race truck is a perminant paper weight in my garage again for a bit with nothing pressing to do on it I've got it on my to do list for tonight in hopes of getting it ordered tomorrow. I've been told lead time on the shaft is going to be about 2-3 weeks. If you wanna go hit the mall up though on Sunday I'm down!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #28217
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
www.nevadabackroaders.com

Go to the site and click "messages" to get to their forum. Runs are posted there as well. They typically do an official club run once a month.
Thanks!! this is exactly what I was looking for.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #28218
sirhk100

No promises but is anyone looking for 35x12.5x15 tires outta curiosity? PM me if you are...

Unread 06-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #28219
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Hey Andy! Was that offer to weld up my floor board still good? I caught that you're going to be deploying, so I don't know what your time constrains would be.

Or if anyone else would be willing to help, I'd make if worth your time. I'd like to have some kind of hand in it. I am looking to learn a thing or two.

Thanks!
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #28220
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter
Hey Andy! Was that offer to weld up my floor board still good? I caught that you're going to be deploying, so I don't know what your time constrains would be.

Or if anyone else would be willing to help, I'd make if worth your time. I'd like to have some kind of hand in it. I am looking to learn a thing or two.

Thanks!
Do you have a welder?
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #28221
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
Do you have a welder?
Unfortunately, I don't.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #28222
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter View Post

Thanks!
As it sits right now, I am pretty well booked up until I leave. If anything changes, I'll give you a call. I'll PM you shortly with my number.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #28223
sirhk100

What do you need done? Is it quick and easy or a crap load of work? I kinda wanna see Andy do it personally!

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #28224
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What do you need done? Is it quick and easy or a crap load of work? I kinda wanna see Andy do it personally!
If you look at the pictures I posted a while back, it's a big job. The four inch crack looks like it's four feet! LOL I recall several of you guys laughing at me at Andrew's house.

It should be quick and easy for you, from the pictures I've seen of your work.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #28225
sirhk100

Oh, it's that one... So wire wheel it clean and trigger weld it? It was the drivers side floor board right? Anything directly under neath it like within 2-3" that's going to catch fire?

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #28226
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is this itty bitty crack that Power would try to screw if he saw it. Really, it just needs the surrounding area stripped and then weld it up. Honestly, with as fast as you work, it would take you about 5 minutes. It'll probably take me about 15.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #28227
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh, it's that one... So wire wheel it clean and trigger weld it? It was the drivers side floor board right? Anything directly under neath it like within 2-3" that's going to catch fire?
Yeah, that is the one. I saw nothing underneath that would catch fire but didn't look really close.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #28228
sirhk100

I should be around most the weekend if you want to cruise by and knock it out really quick sometime. Possibly even tonight or tomorrow evening... I need to clean up the mess of random parts under the race truck that I just left where they fell the other night and measure for my axle. Beyond that, amazingly enough I don't have much going on.

Also, since I'm in the "knocking out my promise list"... Puck, what's up with your bumper? When we gonna Frankenstein up that front end?

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #28229
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
That's the one! The area underneath is good.
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #28230
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
I should be around most the weekend if you want to cruise by and knock it out really quick sometime. Possibly even tonight or tomorrow evening... I need to clean up the mess of random parts under the race truck that I just left where they fell the other night and measure for my axle. Beyond that, amazingly enough I don't have much going on.

Also, since I'm in the "knocking out my promise list"... Puck, what's up with your bumper? When we gonna Frankenstein up that front end?

What would work best for ya? Friday night, or Saturday morning while it's cool. I'm good with either of those. If I remember correctly, you live in the same general area as I work. I can bring it to work tomorrow, or, I'm sure my new pup will have me up nice and early Saturday.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.