Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1881 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #28201
sirhk100

Nice! Yeah, I had to knock out all 8 of mine a couple weekends ago when doing my wheel/tire shuffle in the driveway. Curious, how are you breaking the inner bead loose? Do you have any cool trick? I grab my highlift and whatever vehicle is convenient and start jacking it up with the pad of the high lift on the tire right up against the inner bead and start lifting till it pops which is sometimes easy and sometimes a major pain!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #28202
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Nice! Yeah, I had to knock out all 8 of mine a couple weekends ago when doing my wheel/tire shuffle in the driveway. Curious, how are you breaking the inner bead loose? Do you have any cool trick? I grab my highlift and whatever vehicle is convenient and start jacking it up with the pad of the high lift on the tire right up against the inner bead and start lifting till it pops which is sometimes easy and sometimes a major pain!
I gave up on inner beads long ago. We drove on them with Dave's truck, my old diesel truck and I've done all kinds of prying, heating, jumping.....they flat out suck and GY's are the worst. Now I break them down, take them to WC Motoring right by my office and have them break all the inner beads and remove the wheel for me, throw them a $20 and I'm on my way.

As many tire changes I see in the future between my rig, John's rig, and the buggies.....I am seriously going to look for a legit used tire machine. Between everything I have there is 4 sets of MTR's, 1 set of 40" Toyos, and 1 set of Falkens...I think we have 36 tires in all AND we have like 20 beadlock wheels
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #28203
sirhk100

All I can say is I'm soooooo happy we're not running beadlocks on the race truck since there's 10 tires for it alone!!! I've got no problem hauling them down to the mexican shop on trop and maryland to have them do anything I need! LOL

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #28204
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
All I can say is I'm soooooo happy we're not running beadlocks on the race truck since there's 10 tires for it alone!!! I've got no problem hauling them down to the mexican shop on trop and maryland to have them do anything I need! LOL
You don't need beadlocks to cruise in 4th gear @ 45mph on the straight-aways Sorry Jason wherever you are, had too lol
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #28205
sirhk100

You don't need beadlocks in most racing in general. If I get that new F150, you will not see them on it and it will likely be doing more then 45mph on straight aways for sure. Beadlocks are completely 100% over rated if you're not airing down under any circumstance short of extremes...

Unread 06-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #28206
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You don't need beadlocks in most racing in general. If I get that new F150, you will not see them on it and it will likely be doing more then 45mph on straight aways for sure. Beadlocks are completely 100% over rated if you're not airing down under any circumstance short of extremes...
Then I guess I am the utmost extreme (non-racing)?
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #28207
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I need some advice on finding an off-road club for my parents. They basically want to go site seeing on mild trails. By mild I mean dirt roads, I think rocky gap/potato would be too much for my mom. We’re trying to get her out of the house more and driving around looking at old ghost towns and mines is one of the few things she’s interested in other than TV. Is there a local club that would be a good fit? Thanks!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #28208
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Then I guess I am the utmost extreme (non-racing)?
Quote:

I'm guessing you're not wheeling at 25+ psi....

Unread 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #28209
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
I need some advice on finding an off-road club for my parents. They basically want to go site seeing on mild trails. By mild I mean dirt roads, I think rocky gap/potato would be too much for my mom. We’re trying to get her out of the house more and driving around looking at old ghost towns and mines is one of the few things she’s interested in other than TV. Is there a local club that would be a good fit? Thanks!
I think it's like nevada back roaders or something like that. I think they mostly do fire road stuff. They could go pick up a nevada ghost town book as well. There are ALOT of old townsites and former boom towns all over the state and surrounding states.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #28210
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We know that.....I am just tooting my own horn that I AM the most extreme? Let me enjoy my day!! Haha
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #28211
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I'm not "EXTREME!" Enough for bead locks. Mostly due to not be willing to smash up a rig and repair constantly yet. I tend to use my money on a lot of other things other then cars since I got married. I need my manhood back.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #28212
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
www.nevadabackroaders.com

Go to the site and click "messages" to get to their forum. Runs are posted there as well. They typically do an official club run once a month.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #28213
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

To a certain extent, even in the single digits of tire pressure beadlocks aren't really needed. I have never had beadlocks but routinely aired down to 8 PSI for trails. Sure, I blew plenty of beads but it is pretty easy to reset a bead.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #28214
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris...on another note....want to go wheeling Sunday?? Or anyone else here? We're doing Potato Ridge depending on if the WM guys are still going.
Unread 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #28215
sirhk100

In my old exploder I typically ran around the desert and rocks at 12psi and the dunes at 8psi. Never lost a bead in the dunes. Lost rears twice at speed in the desert at 12psi from drifting the rear into a raised dirt bank. Only can remember one bead ever coming off in the rocks at it was on the rubicon trail with a swamper running single digit number on an american racing wheel. I could probably even find the old hard copy photo of us changing the tire on the trail. LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.