Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1878 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #28156
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I found my van, no thanks to Metro.. They pulled the lock out of the door and the ignition. They took most of my tools and my garage door opener. That worries me to no end, what if they want to try and come back.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #28157
sirhk100

I got the dip itself here...

https://www.dipyourcar.com/product.p...&cat=14&page=1

I got the sprayer here...

www.gleempaint.com/noname.html

Another option is this... Comes with everything you need to do a whole car.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php?cat=23

After doing mine, that pro car kit really isn't that bad of a deal. By the time I add up the cost of tape, paper, windex that I used for predip cleaner, etc... I was right there at that same cost probably.

You gonna do the cherokee? What color?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #28158
sirhk100

If they took the garage door opener, you have to assume that's their intention. Crappy!!! Not to mention the loss of your tools, ouch!!! Crappy deal man! Thiefs suck!

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #28159
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

My wife is freaking out right now.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #28160
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I found my van, no thanks to Metro.. They pulled the lock out of the door and the ignition. They took most of my tools and my garage door opener. That worries me to no end, what if they want to try and come back.
Just disable the garage door. Throw a home security sign buy the door. also sleep with a shotgun loaded with salt shots.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #28161
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would be reprogramming that garage door asap. I normally pull me remote if I am parking out front.
I need to hardwire a remote in the jeep...but I am just too lazy
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #28162
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

From what I understand remotes to garages and fobs to cars are sold to other criminals. Good luck with all that mess puck, hope you don't have anymore problems.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #28163
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Just unplug the garage door opener. Lol.

As Greg said reprogram it or replace it with a different brand if you are worried.

And the girls think I'm crazy for locking the house to garage door at night.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #28164
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I just missed my exit and got off at d street and Washington. Holy **** its bad down here

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #28165
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I just missed my exit and got off at d street and Washington. Holy **** its bad down here
Been shot yet?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #28166
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Reprogram your garage door. Easy peasy.

Watch the area for people casing. Back when I was growing up, if your house got hit, it was hit again within a few months. Our theory was that you would replace all your stolen **** with brand new ****. The thieves knew this and would hit the same house again.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #28167
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Been shot yet?
No but last night I got peppered with all sorts of broken glass at aces and ales. Some crack head came in and ordered a beer. Threw money at the bartendress and when she kicked him out he hurled a condiment caddy at her and I shattered all kinds of ****.

Every dude in the bar (myself included) jumped up and followed the guy outside. He took off running and a bunch of guys went chasing him down nellis haha.

Cops came, big ole ordeal

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #28168
sirhk100

See, my night's suck compared to all yours. I didn't get to chase a crackhead down the street last night! I got home, took a nap, ripped the rear out of the race truck, watched some TV, went to bed... So lame!

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #28169
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
See, my night's suck compared to all yours. I didn't get to chase a crackhead down the street last night! I got home, took a nap, ripped the rear out of the race truck, watched some TV, went to bed... So lame!
Before the bar (we went out at like 10) I did all the brake work on my jeep....then went home and went directly to sleep after arguing a out something with the woman. So...it started out lame then got interesting. Then got lame again.

Unread 06-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #28170
sirhk100

Tonight I gotta run across town to pickup plasma cut parts, talk to skips spring service to see if they can help with our small broken leaf spring issue, then home, feed the dog, hang out a bit, then pull the yota out and gonna go hit up that westside wed thing in hopes maybe someone in a buyer's type mood will be there. I'm not expecting much, in fact I'm expecting to be disgusted by the stupidity I witness and will be fighting the urge to leave almost the whole time. I really don't picture this being a scene I'm into but I want to give it a shot just in case...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.