Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1876 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #28126
sirhk100

Anyone been to westside Wed? From what I hear it's not exactly something that really would appeal to me but I think it's something worth hitting up with my truck to possibly get more sales exposure. Anyone know???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #28127
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Anyone been to westside Wed? From what I hear it's not exactly something that really would appeal to me but I think it's something worth hitting up with my truck to possibly get more sales exposure. Anyone know???
I've never heard of it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #28128
sirhk100

I think it's more of a sport bike/lowered car scene but I've heard some of the offroad crowd going...

Unread 06-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #28129
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Did that axel I gave merrick end up working for him? I hope he replaced the bearings first. It was old and unused when I got it 10yrs ago.
Its still sitting in my side yard, that thing ended up being way too heavy duty for my needs. haha I have been meaning to send you a message to ask if you want it back or whatnot.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #28130
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I think it's more of a sport bike/lowered car scene but I've heard some of the offroad crowd going...
There are some offroaders, I know Baldwin had a meetup there one Wednesday. Hell, FukuBurger is there every week that is more than enough reason to go there.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #28131
sirhk100

I'm not gonna go sit in a parking lot of lowered imports and sport bikes for fukuburger. I've got better crap to do then that if that's all it is... Honestly I'm so anti most of the prerunner scene here in Vegas that I'd probably park away from most of them anyways if there was a group. I just want to fly the "for sale" signs though as much as I can when the crowd is right. I wish the prerunner scene here was more like Az or SoCal but it's just people with ****ty trucks and huge egos which is why you don't see me really hanging out with other "prerunner" people much. I love the trucks, dislike the owners mostly though! LOL

Unread 06-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #28132
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Its still sitting in my side yard, that thing ended up being way too heavy duty for my needs. haha I have been meaning to send you a message to ask if you want it back or whatnot.
If you don't want to store it I can take it back, if you want to keep it you can.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #28133
sirhk100

Can't you just put it on the curb for the metal fairies to take? Those random metal art pieces you had me build Sunday morning will be on my curb tonight...

Unread 06-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #28134
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Well, Last September y'all may remember I posted a lot of pics from our trip up to Ely, NV for Labor Day. I took a ton of video with a little action camera I bought specifically for the purpose of recording jeepin' adventures.

Well, I never sat down and made the video.

I finally did. 8 months later. This took a while to make, and it's my first try at doing anything like this. So, please, I welcome feedback.

It's a little long, 12 minutes, but has a good soundtrack and some nice scenery! You all know how i post the full 'story' of any of my trips, and i attempted to do the same thing with this video.

I hope you enjoy, and again, please feel free to offer feedback so I can do better next time.

P.S. As usual, youtube butchered the quality, but its not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygX5E_oUvKo
Loved it Marn! You must have hit success at the right time, all the aspens changing colors. And what's up with the giant beetle, is that what you kids are calling it these days?

The vid did make me a little homesick.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #28135
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I DID want this....now not so much

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #28136
sirhk100

I knew where they were going to be giving it away at and even had the time to cruise down there. LOL I actually really like their show! The one with the leafblowers in the back of the car is great!

Oh and in case anyone needs proof that we have fun in the race truck, I guess it's not new no more...

And yes, that's all the bushing that came out, the sleeve from inside the bushing in pieces and the loop that's broke off from the end of the main leaf... LOL good times!!! Guess it won't be back on the ground thursday night since we need to get some leaf springs...

Unread 06-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #28137
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-3965689360.jpg  

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #28138
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Well, Last September y'all may remember I posted a lot of pics from our trip up to Ely, NV for Labor Day. I took a ton of video with a little action camera I bought specifically for the purpose of recording jeepin' adventures.

Well, I never sat down and made the video.

I finally did. 8 months later. This took a while to make, and it's my first try at doing anything like this. So, please, I welcome feedback.

It's a little long, 12 minutes, but has a good soundtrack and some nice scenery! You all know how i post the full 'story' of any of my trips, and i attempted to do the same thing with this video.

I hope you enjoy, and again, please feel free to offer feedback so I can do better next time.

P.S. As usual, youtube butchered the quality, but its not too bad.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygX5E_oUvKo
No road trip is complete without some Eagles! Lol. Nice vid Marn!
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #28139
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It looked like a fun trip
cowboywelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #28140
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

1974+ brake pedal.

1974+ brake pedal/steering column mount bracket thing:

1974+ J20 dual diaphragm booster, mounted to a 1974+ booster bracket (had to drill holes in firewall)

The end is in sight. Now all of the parts i needed are here and installed. just need to finish the lines.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.