Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1875 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #28111
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
South Central, I'm about 25 Miles from Mt. Blanca on the northeast side. Almost right between Alamosa and Walsenburg if you know where that's at. I usually tell people about 1.5hrs south west of CO Springs.
Nice..I was at Ft Carson 89-93.

Unread 06-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #28112
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Great vid Marn. R place isn't what it used to be food wise. Used to be the best gas station food ever.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #28113
sirhk100

Ran over to chapman to check out an '11 JK... Saw a nice oops!!! '13 JK with 3000 miles on it. Dana forgot to weld the axle tubes to the center section and it fully spun 90 degrees almost, broke the driveshaft and the pinion housing part of the axle.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #28114
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

At the meeting the other day Chapman said a guy came in and said his transfer case exploded. They put it on the lift and saw the guy must have got some air and the way he landed the front drive shaft actually went through the transfer case. haha only jeepspeed jeeps are meant to fly! haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #28115
sirhk100

this one I saw... It clearly wasn't from abuse, it was flat out missing the welds. They had the replacement axle sitting there for it and it was obvious.

Unread 06-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #28116
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
this one I saw... It clearly wasn't from abuse, it was flat out missing the welds. They had the replacement axle sitting there for it and it was obvious.
that axle was probably built on a friday haha

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #28117
sirhk100

Or a tuesday built axle by someone that's going on 4 hours of sleep like me right now! I blame this chick for my condition today!

I did get vehicles shuffled around though! Trailer is pushed back to the shed, my truck is behind the side gate, expo lives in the driveway, race truck is back in the garage sitting on jackstands with the rear tires pulled off it. Whole rear suspension should be torn down by the end of tonight. Gotta replace all the leaf spring bushings and I'm building new shackles.

Cutting off the rear bumpstops and rotating them also...

Right now, looks like we might be racing the truck late sept...

Unread 06-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #28118
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Or a tuesday built axle by someone that's going on 4 hours of sleep like me right now! I blame this chick for my condition today!

I did get vehicles shuffled around though! Trailer is pushed back to the shed, my truck is behind the side gate, expo lives in the driveway, race truck is back in the garage sitting on jackstands with the rear tires pulled off it. Whole rear suspension should be torn down by the end of tonight. Gotta replace all the leaf spring bushings and I'm building new shackles.

Cutting off the rear bumpstops and rotating them also...

Right now, looks like we might be racing the truck late sept...
Dude, do you ever relax and give yourself a few weeks before a project?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #28119
sirhk100

No, that's why I get stuff done! Painted the truck Sat, knocked out merricks trailer sunday, got race truck pulled in the garage last night, start the repairs on the rear of it tonight. If things go good and I can get bushings locally for a reasonable price I'm hoping to have it back on the ground Thursday or friday night. Then this weekend if it's out of the garage I may be rolling this little V8 powered ranger into the garage to do some prep work for the owner.

Unread 06-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #28120
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
No, that's why I get stuff done! Painted the truck Sat, knocked out merricks trailer sunday, got race truck pulled in the garage last night, start the repairs on the rear of it tonight. If things go good and I can get bushings locally for a reasonable price I'm hoping to have it back on the ground Thursday or friday night. Then this weekend if it's out of the garage I may be rolling this little V8 powered ranger into the garage to do some prep work for the owner.

we can roll my ranger in next to it, and swap the motors. shhhhh dont tell the owner! He'll never notice!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #28121
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just got off the phone with the insurance company of the guy who hit me. Seems that they are taking statements in an effort to try to decide blame. Lets see, I was completely stopped and he backed into me. I wonder who is possibly to blame.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #28122
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Did that axel I gave merrick end up working for him? I hope he replaced the bearings first. It was old and unused when I got it 10yrs ago.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #28123
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Just got off the phone with the insurance company of the guy who hit me. Seems that they are taking statements in an effort to try to decide blame. Lets see, I was completely stopped and he backed into me. I wonder who is possibly to blame.
from what I hear, accidents in parking lots are quite a different story.

Unread 06-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #28124
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
from what I hear, accidents in parking lots are quite a different story.
That is the same as what I am hearing. At any rate, after speaking to his claims rep (I have been on the phone pretty much all day) they let slip that he basically admitted full fault. My car goes in for repair on the 26th and a rental is geing provided for my by his insurance.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #28125
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

glad to hear it sounds like its going in your favor. I've had a few friends get nailed in parking lots and kinda get screwed because it's not on a street.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.