Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1872 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #28066
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the oreo gun shoots 9" nails too

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #28067
sirhk100

Something a bit different...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3871483044.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #28068
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

uh, is that actually 9 grand worth of whatever?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #28069
sirhk100

Most likely... Nope it isn't... From the pictures alone it looks like a lot of it should be cut out and redone which makes me wonder what the suspension is actually like. I like the look of it though.

Garza, my ufo pictures... Those are frame grabs from the video on David's gopro... Tell him to watch it and see if there's any UFO footage on there that would make him rich maybe! LOL

Unread 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #28070
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey bonez, was it you that plumbed your OBA lines in 3/8 steel tubing? If not, who was it? I need help plumbing mine. I'm getting to the realization that there's a lot more to do than I have time for by myself. Let me know when you could be available and we can plan on something. I'll figure out some way for payment for the help. I still need to get the tubing and fittings, but will hold off until we get started.
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #28071
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hey bonez, was it you that plumbed your OBA lines in 3/8 steel tubing? If not, who was it? I need help plumbing mine. I'm getting to the realization that there's a lot more to do than I have time for by myself. Let me know when you could be available and we can plan on something. I'll figure out some way for payment for the help. I still need to get the tubing and fittings, but will hold off until we get started.
does it work like plumbing brake lines? I'm learning thats way easier than I thought.

I bent a bunch of line this weekend while we were working on jared's chero, and I was using tube bending pliers. I kinked the damn line with the pliers, what the heck!

I figured out its WAY easier to bend with your hands than with stupid tools after that. now i need to go buy a new 6' section of 1/4" brake line.

Quote:

Unread 06-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #28072
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I think bonez used 3/8 brake line for his. I like to do the same for mine. I know the compressor won't keep up with that, but the first tire will get inflated pretty quick, and eventually, the horns will like the extra volume!
I think I'm setting unrealistic goals in my time frame for completion. Most of the work is done, but there's still a ton of little things to do plus the TC work. I need to put a few miles on it before vacation, so I'm trying to finish up ASAP without effing anything up. It takes time!
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #28073
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That crap plastic tubing keeps splitting or bursting with bubbles. I need to run metal lines so I don't have to worry about lines breaking or splitting. I need to run a solid line to the front bumper from the tank, one to the rear bumper from the tank, and eventually, one to the engine bay(for horns,) but that's not a priority. Just the ones at the bumpers are priorities at this point. I'll need to run a soft line to the ARB locker in the rear, but that's no big deal.
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #28074
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that was me. I didn't like the idea of using that small diameter plastic tubing, wanted something that would be more durable in the heat and have a larger diameter. My Dad and I spent a number of hours bending 3/8" brake line to different connections on my rig. It takes so long we still haven't finished all the stuff we wanna do on mine yet because we keep getting interrupted and having to find new ways to fix tiny leaks in tough-to-tighten spots, etc.

That being said, I would be happy to help you out where I can, my best times for availability are Fridays after 3 and anytime Saturdays. No payment necessary.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #28075
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Saturdays work best for me. Obviously a single piece is better to avoid leaks, but if we need to install elbows or couplers, then that's what we'll do...thanks. I'll PM my number.
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #28076
sirhk100

Power, you need to find a new hobby that works more around your time constraints. Just kidding though, get the jeep usable and then between fun knock out what little projects you can. It's not like the race truck where it was 100% or bust... It's not like the jeep has to be 100% before it rolls out of the garage...

Unread 06-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #28077
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Very true, but needs to be 100% before we hit the rubicon, or pretty dang close to it. At least 100% mechanical anyway.
I should collect action figures instead! Lol
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #28078
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Easy fix, all stainless braided hose, AN fittings, clamps along frame as needed. No bending hard crap......ain't nobody got time fo dat!!! At least that's what I'm doing on the buggies air supply.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #28079
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Had some ******* back into me today. I had just backed out of my parking spot, looking over my shoulder when I saw his reverse lights come on. I shifted into first just as he started backing out. I laid into the horn and started to let out the clutch to get out of his way when he hit me. The two passengers with me watched the whole thing. The damage isn't bad but seriously? I don't give a damn if your car looks like hell and you don't give a **** about it. My car is pretty nice and I would like to keep it that way. Look behind you when you back out!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #28080
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Had some ******* back into me today. I had just backed out of my parking spot, looking over my shoulder when I saw his reverse lights come on. I shifted into first just as he started backing out. I laid into the horn and started to let out the clutch to get out of his way when he hit me. The two passengers with me watched the whole thing. The damage isn't bad but seriously? I don't give a damn if your car looks like hell and you don't give a **** about it. My car is pretty nice and I would like to keep it that way. Look behind you when you back out!
Bet you wish you had drove the jeep today

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.