Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1869 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Reply
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #28021
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Did any of you guys used to ride BMX at all back in the day? I used to dirt jump... Like these were my normal trails in san diego. This was when I was about 22-23ish y/o. Got sick of always being scabbed up and blowing out knees due to torn ligaments from dirt bikes that didn't play well with BMX.


I used to dirt jump on 24" cruisers and built up a pretty gnarly one way before you could buy a turn key built one like you can these days...

But man, I just watched this video!!!! Holy crap things are insane with what kids are doing these days!!! I mean things were nutty back then too but I wasn't into letting go of the bike. Bar spins and turn downs were about all I was willing to do in the air. I just liked jumping. But man, the transfers this dude is doing in the park in this video is absolutely insane!!!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAx8bIi7kDQ&feature=share
I did way back in the day before my knees got all ****ed. Nothing like the video though. I had all kinds of bikes. Everything from Redlines to Haros. Hell I have an old Schwinn frame still in the box out in the garage right now.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #28022
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,458
Andy??



image-2099280552.jpg

ROFLMFAO!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #28023
Spaceball
Senior Member
 
Spaceball's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Did any of you guys used to ride BMX at all back in the day? I used to dirt jump... Like these were my normal trails in san diego. This was when I was about 22-23ish y/o. Got sick of always being scabbed up and blowing out knees due to torn ligaments from dirt bikes that didn't play well with BMX.
Yes! Still have my old GT in a pile in the garage. Even had Pro Forx and PMC cranks, the aluminum kind with no bearings, guess they are pretty rare now, the last time I looked there were some on ebay for $400 or 500 I think it was. Raced in the NBL in Reno, Vegas, Elko and Ely. Hell me and my buddies in Ely built the first NBL track there. I hear it's doing pretty well in the community there now.

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #28024
Spaceball
Senior Member
 
Spaceball's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 716
Oh and you guys should DEFINITELY watch the documentary on Matt Hoffman, remember him? If you have Netflix it's streaming. It's called 30 for 30 : The Birth of Big Air.

I never knew how messed up that guy was until I watched that. He was one of my heroes back in my BMX days.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #28025
Spaceball
Senior Member
 
Spaceball's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 716
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #28026
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 769
Really...another reason to hate California
image-3101607876.jpg  
__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #28027
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,955
Hi everybody, I'm home! Well, sorta.. I'm back in the country at least, waiting for the flight back home. Did I miss anything exciting?

Here's a quick pic of one of the spots I spent time at this week, look carefully and you can see 3 iguana's on the rocks


Ricky, you wanted a boat right? How about this one?
image-1204016011.jpg   image-2322686522.jpg   image-3231364070.jpg  
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #28028
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Hi everybody, I'm home! Well, sorta.. I'm back in the country at least, waiting for the flight back home. Did I miss anything exciting?

Here's a quick pic of one of the spots I spent time at this week, look carefully and you can see 3 iguana's on the rocks

Ricky, you wanted a boat right? How about this one?
Welcome back. Good trip?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #28029
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,261
4am is way too early on a weekend!!! Nap time....
















__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #28030
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,180
That turned out really nice! How much total dip did it take?
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #28031
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Welcome back. Good trip?
Meh, sandy tropical beaches, lots of alcohol and babes in tiny bikini's everywhere. Despite all that, it was good to get away from work
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #28032
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,955
Wow Khris, that looks awesome!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #28033
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,261
I purposely tried to take those higher angled shots with the glare from the sun to show the lack of striping like I normally get when spray painting anything! LOL

That's just a hair shy of 4 gallons total and about $350 total out of pocket including buying the gun for reference... If anyone is thinking of doing it swing by sometime and I'll go over what I learned in person. It turned out good enough. I can't complain at all. Next time would be even better though already based on what I did today.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #28034
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,261
LOL, am I the only one thinking it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-QZ...ature=youtu.be
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #28035
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I purposely tried to take those higher angled shots with the glare from the sun to show the lack of striping like I normally get when spray painting anything! LOL

That's just a hair shy of 4 gallons total and about $350 total out of pocket including buying the gun for reference... If anyone is thinking of doing it swing by sometime and I'll go over what I learned in person. It turned out good enough. I can't complain at all. Next time would be even better though already based on what I did today.
Cool, I'll order some up and you can show me what your learned! I'll be at our new shop all day today working on an XJ front axle if you get bored.
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.