Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1865 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #27961
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

oh, and pismo beach between san fran and san diego. plan on camping on the beach, if available and not super crowded.

Unread 06-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #27962
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I haven't been thru it since '03 but if you actually want to enjoy it, plan for 2 days and camping unless it's drastically changed. 1 day would make it way too rushed,
This is Powr we are talking about. He doesn't know how to slow down. He wears lead boots on his lead foot. He is going to be going way to fast to see anything other than the boulder he just hit.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #27963
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Got my truck fixed finally. Just have to say a big thanks to spaceball and Jarrad at friendly ford. Nothing but top notch service and treated with nothing but respect. I will do all I can to give them all my future ford business.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #27964
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Backwards is from the tahoe side, right? most people run it west to east, yeah? I figured two days would be the way to go, because I dont want to take unnecessary risks in the name of haste in order to get through. Definitely dont wanna break anything. Will likely take many of the bypasses, just because of that. Going to have to be able to drive home, so cant have any failures. :EEK:
Yes, I believe "most" people start on the loon lake side and run towards tahoe. Both times we went in from the icehouse road if I remember quickly, looped back to the other entry way and then doubled back to start the trail so we didn't miss anything.

You won't be bypassing much with your axles and suspension. The first time we ran it was in a CJ7 locked in the rear on 32's. Second time I did it was in my old explorer, open front and rear on 33's. Again, that was 10 years ago in the expo and probably 15 years ago now in the CJ. I'm sure it's changed a lot but still, you won't be bypassing much. In fact honestly, there's not a ton of bypasses. Mainly the Little Sluice... The rest of it is mostly one trail with no bypasses or it was when we did it. I don't even know what the little sluice looks like right now. A few months back it was virtually filled in and paved but I'm sure people have gone back in and made it hard again by now... At least I would think they have...

http://rubicon4wheeler.blogspot.com/...luice-box.html

I'd love to join you but the way vacation planning is going and finances I'm not going to make it this year. Maybe next summer... I've gotta juggle a London/Isle of Man trip in for next summer as well so that may even kick the rubicon to summer of '15. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #27965
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Got my truck fixed finally. Just have to say a big thanks to spaceball and Jarrad at friendly ford. Nothing but top notch service and treated with nothing but respect. I will do all I can to give them all my future ford business.
I looked for spaceball last time I was there. I never did see a doggie wearing a hat and shades. I walked away

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #27966
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

This is Powr we are talking about. He doesn't know how to slow down. He wears lead boots on his lead foot. He is going to be going way to fast to see anything other than the boulder he just hit.
Negative! You see how I rock crawl! I go slow, but on flat trail, road...different story! Lol
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #27967
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This App is the sole reason anyone NEEDS a smart phone!
places.jpg  

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #27968
sirhk100

I thought you needed a smartphone for this reason...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...forcement.html

I'm surprised you gun nuts haven't shot up your phones yet and come back to my land of basic phone with no GPS tracking or remote access... I mean, it's right up you gun nuts alley to think that way isn't it with all the recent news? LOL

(yes, I know my dumbphone is being recorded and all that crap too... I'm being a smartass, no need to point out every flaw in the above comment.)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #27969
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

What's the good word people?
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #27970
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I thought you needed a smartphone for this reason...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...forcement.html

I'm surprised you gun nuts haven't shot up your phones yet and come back to my land of basic phone with no GPS tracking or remote access... I mean, it's right up you gun nuts alley to think that way isn't it with all the recent news? LOL

(yes, I know my dumbphone is being recorded and all that crap too... I'm being a smartass, no need to point out every flaw in the above comment.)
I really should have read between the lines before clicking the link from work. Hope I don't get into too much trouble.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #27971
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter
What's the good word people?
Cold... Cold would be a good word.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #27972
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Cold... Cold would be a good word.
Yeah, but then someone is bound to complain about that too!
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #27973
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Great, now I am going to complain about your complaining
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #27974
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I looked for spaceball last time I was there. I never did see a doggie wearing a hat and shades. I walked away
Glad to hear it! I thought I saw your truck there the other day, lots of F150's that color but none with a big ole cool scary black front bumper!

Andy I don't wear my hat & shades to work, instead it's the funny glasses/nose/mustache that way jf members won't recognize me.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #27975
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

Glad to hear it! I thought I saw your truck there the other day, lots of F150's that color but none with a big ole cool scary black front bumper!

Andy I don't wear my hat & shades to work, instead it's the funny glasses/nose/mustache that way jf members won't recognize me.
I understand! Being a hometown celebrity must be very difficult!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.