Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1864 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #27946
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got my tickets for Justin Timberlake in Nov.!!!

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #27947
sirhk100

Yup, not seeing JT on the band lineup for my mammoth trip...

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/bands

I do see about 65 breweries though...

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/brewery_page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #27948
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Yup, not seeing JT on the band lineup for my mammoth trip...

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/bands

I do see about 65 breweries though...

http://www.mammothbluesbrewsfest.com/brewery_page
Dani has always wanted to go to the beer fest ever since she lived up there

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #27949
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I don't have the patience to be a beer connoisseur. I like to drink fast and get to the point. Every time I go to a beer festival, I drink a lot, eat even more, and I'm usually ready to pass out within 2-3 hours of when I got there. and I never remember the music except they were all amazing
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #27950
sirhk100

I'm FAR from a beer connoisseur, I use it as an excuse to hang out with friends in 70 degree august weather wandering around drinking. I could really care less about the beer and music. The thing that's nice is you can find a beer you like, once you do, you can stick to it. That's typically what I do. I try all the ones that sound like they should be good to me and then I hang out at that one and drink till the mission is accomplished. I only drink a couple times a year so...

Unread 06-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #27951
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm FAR from a beer connoisseur, I use it as an excuse to hang out with friends in 70 degree august weather wandering around drinking. I could really care less about the beer and music. The thing that's nice is you can find a beer you like, once you do, you can stick to it. That's typically what I do. I try all the ones that sound like they should be good to me and then I hang out at that one and drink till the mission is accomplished. I only drink a couple times a year so...
Yeah, more about the experience for me with events like that.

I drink alot of beer at home, and out at bars, but it's to enjoy the beer, I like trying new things in general (beer and food especially), so its just pleasurable.

maybe 1 out of 10 times i drink is my intent to get a buzz.

I probably only get drunkity drunk drunk ("oh god, why did i drink so much last night" drunk) 4 times a year.

As Khris said, it's fun to just chill with friends and people.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #27952
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Yeah, more about the experience for me with events like that.

I drink alot of beer at home, and out at bars, but it's to enjoy the beer, I like trying new things in general (beer and food especially), so its just pleasurable.

maybe 1 out of 10 times i drink is my intent to get a buzz.

I probably only get drunkity drunk drunk ("oh god, why did i drink so much last night" drunk) 4 times a year.

As Khris said, it's fun to just chill with friends and people.
LOL, see we're opposite... I basically don't drink hardly at all. Maybe once a month if that. Before my seattle trip I think the last alcohol I had was possibly aces and ales with you as an idea of how little I drink. Typically when I drink it's all or nothing. I don't drink typically for flavor, there's other things I like the taste of better so if I'm not drinking for flavor, the other reason would be... LOL I'm typically in the twice a year drunkity drunk drunk range and beerfest in mammoth will definitely be one of those two times. The other was up in Seattle so basically that's likely to be my 2013 alcohol consumption for the most part. LOL

Pretty much, I'm scared that if I drink a lot, I might end up intoxicated when the zombies come and that wouldn't be very smart so I try to be prepared for zombies by staying sober most the time.

New foods though, I'm always down to try new eats!

Unread 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #27953
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

need these couches gone. $100 if you want em. Nothing wrong with them, but they were white and hard to keep clean so we put slip covers on them. The slip covers cost like $300 alone.

Unread 06-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #27954
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Take the expo up to laurel lakes while you are there!
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #27955
sirhk100

Not sure if we'll have much time for exploring. We've got 2 day tickets so I'll be going up friday night, doing the beerfest both sat and sun and then driving home Monday. I'll be taking the explorer but not sure if we'll have time to take it out. I've got two close friends that both live up there and know the area trails very well.

Unread 06-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #27956
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have any first hand experience on the rubicon trail? Planning on running it from the tahoe side, and want to know if its possible to make it through in one, long day? is it a two day or longer with camping required? I think I read somewhere that its possible to make it through in one day if run mid-week.
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #27957
sirhk100

I haven't been thru it since '03 but if you actually want to enjoy it, plan for 2 days and camping unless it's drastically changed. 1 day would make it way too rushed, way too stressful and if you have any down time due to breaking or a rig that's not setup well you're going to not be having fun at all by the end of the day. Just plan on two from the get go and it'll be way way way more enjoyable. The rubicon is as much about the scenery as it is the trail so why would you want to rush thru it?

Also, both times I've done it, we went opposite direction... We also bypassed the little sluice both times, it was WAY over our vehicle's capabilities...

Unread 06-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #27958
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Backwards is from the tahoe side, right? most people run it west to east, yeah? I figured two days would be the way to go, because I dont want to take unnecessary risks in the name of haste in order to get through. Definitely dont wanna break anything. Will likely take many of the bypasses, just because of that. Going to have to be able to drive home, so cant have any failures. :EEK:
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #27959
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Backwards is from the tahoe side, right? most people run it west to east, yeah? I figured two days would be the way to go, because I dont want to take unnecessary risks in the name of haste in order to get through. Definitely dont wanna break anything. Will likely take many of the bypasses, just because of that. Going to have to be able to drive home, so cant have any failures. :EEK:
When are you planning on going again? Maybe my son's first trip could be the 'Con.
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #27960
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

looks like one of the last two weeks in august. going to tahoe the 18th ish, hang out there for a few days with the folks, then hitting the trail and then the PCH from san fran to san diego, and back to vegas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.