Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1863 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #27931
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am sure that it will turn out good if you follow all of the recommendations

Unread 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #27932
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, you have no clue how many people are waiting to see how mine turns out! I'm pretty much the guinea pig for everyone I know as I don't know anyone that's dipped a vehicle other then Greg and even he just did his grill using spray cans I believe... As far as I know, I'm the first person out of everyone I associate with to actually buy it by the gallons and spend the money on a real sprayer to knock it out. Should be interesting at the very least! LOL
I want the monster green
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #27933
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
I want the monster green
From what I understand they're not having really good results with the florescent colors. I guess they're having fading issues. Supposedly they're just like a tint that has to be sprayed over a white base and they fade pretty quick cause they're not a true colored dip or something like that.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #27934
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
LOL, you have no clue how many people are waiting to see how mine turns out! I'm pretty much the guinea pig for everyone I know as I don't know anyone that's dipped a vehicle other then Greg and even he just did his grill using spray cans I believe... As far as I know, I'm the first person out of everyone I associate with to actually buy it by the gallons and spend the money on a real sprayer to knock it out. Should be interesting at the very least! LOL
Your my guinea pig . I've been wanting to do my Jeep for a long time. What are your thoughts on durability in the sun here? I can't seem to find a clear answer.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #27935
sirhk100

So far I've got no reason to worry about it as long as you're not using the florescent colors from what I've read. Time will tell though and if things go well, the truck won't be around for me to even know... LOL But from what I've read from people in places like Texas, Az. and here there doesn't seem to be any fading issues. Seems like the biggest concern is in the hot climates you get out beyond about 2.5-3 years it can get difficult to peel off due to being brittle. It'll still come off but it comes off in smaller pieces making it harder rather then just peeling in like one solid panel piece.

Again though, that's all from what I read. My only first hand is the spray I did on the beadlock rings.

If anything, go grab a can and paint the fenders on your trailer or something similar like this week and get the testing going... It'll cost you like $8 and would be a good test to see how it works. Make sure you do at least 4 coats, the more the better for peeling it off down the road.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #27936
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So far I've got no reason to worry about it as long as you're not using the florescent colors from what I've read. Time will tell though and if things go well, the truck won't be around for me to even know... LOL But from what I've read from people in places like Texas, Az. and here there doesn't seem to be any fading issues. Seems like the biggest concern is in the hot climates you get out beyond about 2.5-3 years it can get difficult to peel off due to being brittle. It'll still come off but it comes off in smaller pieces making it harder rather then just peeling in like one solid panel piece.

Again though, that's all from what I read. My only first hand is the spray I did on the beadlock rings.

If anything, go grab a can and paint the fenders on your trailer or something similar like this week and get the testing going... It'll cost you like $8 and would be a good test to see how it works. Make sure you do at least 4 coats, the more the better for peeling it off down the road.
Found this JK done in black, but I want to do my whole Jeep in a copper color. From what I gather, I would do 4-5 coats flat black and then use the copper color enhancer to get that color. I may try a small amount like you said.
3n559.jpg   photo-9.jpg  
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #27937
sirhk100

Yeah, I haven't really read much into the metalics and more exotic colors they're doing now. I'm starting off just plain red, see how it goes and then next time, if there is a next time, maybe I'll get creative and see how crazy I can get. Do they offer that copper in gallons or just cans?

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #27938
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

my grill has held up good after 6 months and 10k miles. some chemical or sap got on a spot near the headlight, but I will just soften it up with some alcohol and respray that area.
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #27939
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I haven't really read much into the metalics and more exotic colors they're doing now. I'm starting off just plain red, see how it goes and then next time, if there is a next time, maybe I'll get creative and see how crazy I can get. Do they offer that copper in gallons or just cans?
The copper is not actually a color, its an enhancer....It adds coppertone to your base color. So I could do black base (from gallons) and then basically take the coppertone (can) and go over the dip. At least from what I understand.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #27940
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do they make a burnt orange in that dip stuff
cowboywelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #27941
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hello everybody, how's things?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #27942
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Things are good...the sun is setting and I am passing through Victorville enroute to LA
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #27943
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i know how things are with you, terry.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #27944
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It has not even been a week yet and I am ready to get back over 8k feet.
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #27945
sirhk100

I've got my tickets for beerfest in mammoth. It'll be here before I know it I'm sure...

Andy... I've seen more pictures of this thing, seems like a nice ride.

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=50515

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.