Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#37,244 ·
B0nez said:
Welcome back!
Thanks, good to be home.

4x4Brit said:
How does thar even happen?!
I couldn't figure it out either. No other vehicles involved and all 4 sides have stop signs with relatively heavy traffic so I doubt he could have even run a sign if he wanted to.

#37,250 ·
lockedwheels said:
Anyone know of a good shop that will shoot some monstaliner on the exterior of the wife's jk??
I saw some awesome work done on a jeep that was up at Larry's place, it looked like metallic
Blue paint from a few feet away. He didn't know where the guy got it done though.

#37,251 ·
#37,252 ·
andy02 said:
I couldn't figure it out either. No other vehicles involved and all 4 sides have stop signs with relatively heavy traffic so I doubt he could have even run a sign if he wanted to.
I've never known a place to have so many single car accidents.

#37,254 ·
So guys that "bought" the LED light bars, i just logged onto Ebay and got this message

To good to be true i guess:thumbdown:
The vedor got pulled but he was blantantly using someone else's photos and he said they are Crees, which they probably aren't. Some people who asked for them have tracking numbers and the there are packages in transit so until people start getting something or the 30 day shipping period ends I would not give up hope.

#37,255 ·
Any of you with aftermarket differential covers of any type/brand... Curious... Do any of yours have a lip or notch created in them to provide a point to insert a pry bar to break the seal between the cover and the housing easier? Just curious... Having a work conversation and I'm trying to pitch the selling point of a minor added cost to include a small notch on our cover to fit a flat blade into. All the ones I've seen/been exposed to don't have this and are a pain so I'm curious how many/which ones do have a simple feature like this.

#37,256 ·
Dani's sister is looking to buy a wrangler. Stock is probably best. Has about $10,000 cash so I know it won't be a 2006 or anything. If anybody knows of a clean wrangler for sale (the newer the better obviously) in that price range let me know.

#37,257 ·
I'll sell mine for 10K but at that price, there is no wiggle room.

#37,258 ·
I have a box of metal plates for you Andy but no rush... If you wait till after the weekend of June 7/8th I should have a pretty cool addition to the F150 for you to drool over too even. Heck, at the rate it's going, if you waited another week or two from that it might even fire up and run! Granted, will be ungodly loud just being straight manifolds with no exhaust basically.

#37,259 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
Dani's sister is looking to buy a wrangler. Stock is probably best. Has about $10,000 cash so I know it won't be a 2006 or anything. If anybody knows of a clean wrangler for sale (the newer the better obviously) in that price range let me know.
What is she looking for? 4cyl/6cyl? Soft/hard top? A/C or not? Standard or auto? You say stock is probably best, but if it isn't, is that a deal breaker? There are a LOT of wranglers available in that price range, but perhaps not what she wants..

#37,260 ·
sirhk100 said:
Any of you with aftermarket differential covers of any type/brand... Curious... Do any of yours have a lip or notch created in them to provide a point to insert a pry bar to break the seal between the cover and the housing easier? Just curious... Having a work conversation and I'm trying to pitch the selling point of a minor added cost to include a small notch on our cover to fit a flat blade into. All the ones I've seen/been exposed to don't have this and are a pain so I'm curious how many/which ones do have a simple feature like this.
I just went out and crawled under my rig and looked, my SOLID branded diff covers for my 44's do not have notches. That being said, if you are looking for a wish list diff cover, here's mine:
- heavy duty enough to stand up to a rock (not Matthew900 style stand up to it, but reasonably strong nonetheless)
- separate drain and fill plugs both that you don't have to be a contortionist to get to
- dipstick or better yet, fill window
- protected area for the bottom bolts so the heads don't get ground off or bent out of shape making it more difficult to tighten/loosen
- and that cool pry notch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.