Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#37,202 ·
Sir, am I under arrest? No... Okay then, have a good day. Move along...
seriously.

"what crime do you suspect me of doing? Am I being arrested?"

what is this, nazi germany? "papers, please"

#37,205 ·
Not entirely sure why they wanted to check. They asked for blue cards, which I didn't have because metro advises against carrying them. Now that I think of it, it does sort of bother me that they wanted the info. Checked and copied DL numbers too. Wonder if it's a back-door way of setting up an ownership database?

#37,206 ·
I wouldn't mind. I don't take my drop gun out shooting for fun.....
doesn't matter. they have no right to the info and they just know that most people will fork it over because they are intimidated or they simply dont want to "cause trouble" and give up their rights.

Know your rights, and never give any information. Giving up your info or talking to the police can NEVER 'help' you unless you were the one who called them. Sure maybe it wont harm you, but it sure as hell CAN harm you.

#37,207 ·
You, sir want to add to the problem of the desert looking like a landfill!? Lol
Side note- went shooting at the spot off of Lovell canyon road early this week, an the forest service rangers stopped everyone shooting and recorded names, gun serial numbers, and checked that we were removing targets and trash. The officer we spoke with said that there is a renewed push to closed areas to shooting AND motorized vehicle travel due to the trash.
Yep another push to put public land out of reach for anything other than walking around in your berkenstocks staring at turtles and the rare hairy butted Mojave mouse.

#37,209 ·
Spaceball said:
Yep another push to put public land out of reach for anything other than walking around in your berkenstocks staring at turtles and the rare hairy butted Mojave mouse.
This is the weekend I am driving to Ely on Saturday, in the jeep.

And then coming back Sunday :brickwall:

$200 in gas for 1 night in the yurt! Yay!

#37,211 ·
Well driveway will be even more cluttered relatively soon! I really do think I have a sickness! LOL

Power, I thought the blue cards were just a way of basically registering a pistol to prove it's not stolen essentially. What's the reason they say not to carry it on you? I thought it was supposed to be with the gun? I'm still living in Az. la la land where you have a gun and there's no paper trail or anything for it.

Honestly, I'd actually really have to search for my blue cards... I "think" I know where they're at but not 100% sure.

#37,214 ·
Well driveway will be even more cluttered relatively soon! I really do think I have a sickness! LOL

Power, I thought the blue cards were just a way of basically registering a pistol to prove it's not stolen essentially. What's the reason they say not to carry it on you? I thought it was supposed to be with the gun? I'm still living in Az. la la land where you have a gun and there's no paper trail or anything for it.

Honestly, I'd actually really have to search for my blue cards... I "think" I know where they're at but not 100% sure.
Blue card is a receipt provided whwn you register your handgun, not only do you not have to carry it, you dont even have to keep it. Those officers had no clue and apparently neither did some of the folks they were harrassing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.