Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 186 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #2776
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I have a shotgun that needs breaking in.
You really don't want me to come out of that mine, do you? I don't want to have to dodge Twinkie's and gunfire on my way up.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #2777
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Put the twinkies on your feet in case you step on some explosives.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #2778
sirhk100

Didn't know there was an owner of the thread? What are the thread posting rules so that I don't step over my boundaries? I'm surprised I haven't been kicked out for hinting that I might recreate in vehicles other then jeeps here already! HAHA

I'm scared of heights so rappeling is out for me. I'd be interested in exploring mines but nothing with the vertical aspect. I wouldn't mind trying the whole tailings thing just to see what it's like but the one time I had a chance to rappel I got right over the edge and said f-dis, I'm not going down! LOL

Didn't see that extreme 4x4 but I've valved shocks before and depending how far off it can be absolutely night and day difference! Like more then you probably can imagine. If the shocks are a take apart valvable type the process itself is really easy. The knowledge of what valving to choose to put in is the black magic! I'm by far no expert and people do some amazing stuff with valving stacks that is learned over years of trial and error mostly.

Monroe and Gabriel make "most" of the white rocket shocks out there. Bilstein makes their own. All of their 5100 series are made in Germany. Most of their higher end race shocks are made in San Diego (poway to be exact). My previous gigs before coming to Vegas for this current job was doing design work for aftermarket truck suspensions. Personally I've got some cheapo white shocks on my jeep that were one it when I bought it. I'll eventually move to a bilstein or better yet something like a bolt in Fox shock that can be tuned myself.

LOL, and the screamer is cute... She's also married to my friend though. LOL

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #2779
sirhk100

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA, imitation is the sincere form of flattery right?

Rugged Ridge just released for 2012 a complete perfect copy of our jeep product line! The only thing they didn't copy was one small design cue that we patented. Lame and funny at the same time. Funny cause they copied some parts of ours that don't sell worth a crap already and they're retail is $5 more then ours!!! HAHAHA, enjoy that inventory guys! Some of the parts they're about $5 cheaper then us though. Bummer... The product release sheet I have in front of me though looks like they actually flat out photoshopped our pictures onto their ad. Can't wait to buy an entire set from them to see how their parts compare quality wise to our machine work...

BTW, yes, 95% of our product line is Classic Mustang but we do have a little side gig doing some jeep bling stuff. I intentionally don't post on here about that stuff cause I'm not on here to advertise but I just figured this was too funny to not comment on.

Rugged ridge is known for copying. No originality at all... Just about anything in their product line can be found somewhere else made by another company well before they released it!

Here you go, example...

Here's a brake master cylinder cap we've had out for over 2 years now.

And here's one part in their product line out of a whole set that they just released... LOL

http://www.baseline4x4.com/p-11141-1143002-rugged-ridge-brake-master-cylinder-brushed-billet-aluminum-2007-2011-jeep-jk-wrangler.aspx

Huh, looks like they got it figured out! LOL
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #2780
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Here is a PM I received from one of the regulars to this thread. He can respond if he wants, but I'm going to leave his name out of the quote. I'll reply to this openly in case there are others who feel the same way. It was not AlexReid.

I didn't go back and check my initial post about this, but I'm pretty certain I did invite anyone with rope experience to head down with me. As explained to a previous person as to why I don't like to guide anyone without rope experience, it's a safety issue.

Rappeling is dangerous. The safest way for someone without experience to descend would be tethered to me. If you fell, there would be a good chance you'd pull me down with you.

If anyone wants to learn how to safely rappel, I don't mind showing you, but inside a mine isn't the place to train. I've already showed quite a few people how to rappel. The best way I know how to properly introduce someone is by anchoring rope to my bumper and rappeling down tailing piles outside of mines. When you get comfortable, we'll try taller and steeper tailing piles until the drops are vertical. It doesn't become safe when I say so. It becomes safe when you are comfortable. Even with years of experience there is an inherant danger.

In fact, I would love it if a few other people were into this just to keep it safe for everyone. I'd like to know that if I'm ever in trouble, but in a non-emergency, I'd have someone to back me up.

If anyone here needs help, but you don't feel 911 is required, I don't mind helping out. If you feel you might get into a situation like that, PM me for my phone number. All I ask in return is that you make yourself available in a similar situation.
Heaven forbid you ask for some help in a place full of friendly people know for helping each other out. You asked somebody to go wheelin' with you and do everything EXCEPT one part of the trip unless they knew what they were doing.

I made the thread, I dont care whats posted in it. If I did, I'd have a moderator look into it.

cant we all just get along?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #2781
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
cant we all just get along?
DUH!!! NO!!! LOL You're all jerks!
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #2782
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It's really not that big of a deal. I posted it just in case there are others secretly having the same issues with me.

Also, I'm not at all saying anyone without roping experience can't rappel. For the most part, this is still a free country. I'm just saying you won't be tethered to me or using my gear. I'd still prefer anyone wanting to rappel get some practice in first. If you fell near me, I'd feel obligated to help and I'd rather not spend my Saturday on a rescue.
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #2783
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
And here's one part in their product line out of a whole set that they just released... LOL
Don't really care much about the bottle caps. Got anymore pictures of the blond? Yeah, she looks just like the picture I made up in my head.
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #2784
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm scared of heights so rappeling is out for me. I'd be interested in exploring mines but nothing with the vertical aspect. I wouldn't mind trying the whole tailings thing just to see what it's like but the one time I had a chance to rappel I got right over the edge and said f-dis, I'm not going down! LOL
I'm military jump qualified and climb recreationally, but I also have a healthy fear of heights. I also dislike swimming in water where I can't see the bottom, but I'm used to diving in murky, riverine waters.

I still get butterflies when I approach the edge, but it does get easier when you step over it.
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #2785
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I know some sturdy, relatively safe mines. If anyone wants to get into them, bring two flashlights. Not spare batteries. Two flashlights. Good luck swapping out dead batteries in the dark.
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #2786
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Just downloaded Google Earth onto my Android phone and it is AWESOME! I don't have to bring printed maps anymore! Looks like it stores quite a bit in the phones cache, so I don't need to be connected.

Anyone else have it? I'm having some trouble trying to figure out how to mark favorite places on it and the website isn't much help.
Unread 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #2787
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, this thread was way better before you, we didn't have really cool pictures of the insides of mines that some of us will never see, we didn't have some great comedy, and we didn't have another cool keeper to talk to... Yup much better without you, not really! We are all like mother bears and your our cub! Haha, could that be gayer? NOPE!
Unread 12-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #2788
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
We are all like mother bears and your our cub! Haha, could that be gayer? NOPE!
Yup!
images.jpg  
Unread 12-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #2789
TheRedWolf
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'll be in Vegas from the 26th til the 2nd to visit my dad. If anyone is up for showing me some mines while I'm out there that would be cool
TheRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #2790
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where do you guys find some of these pics? I was on a thread last night thumping this fool that got his Taurus stuck and was asking for help, and the other guys had some pretty great pics too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.