Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1851 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #27751
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900

They have a kit that alows the transfer case to be shiftted in to the low range ratio while in 2 wheel drive. It replaces the low range fork and selector.
I didn't get that one, sorry.

Unread 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #27752
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm sure these guys will too, it's just a matter of going and doing it which isn't exactly easy. Believe it or not I'm actually a busy'ish kinda person after work and dealing with tint bubbles at a shop across town is pretty low on the priority totem pole. Making sure my truck is too good to pass up when I finally find a first person interested with cash is priority 1 right now. May actually pull the wheels off it tonight to start swapping.
Your better than me lol....I would have already bought the new truck and then figured out selling the old one.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #27753
sirhk100

That's the messed up thing. I could go buy the new truck right now if I wanted to, I've got enough cash in hand to do it. I'm just not willing to do it though without selling mine first. If I miss out on the deal I miss out on the deal... I'm not going to be sitting with the race truck, my expo, my toyota and this F150 in my driveway though that's damn sure!

Andy... Look at this thread again!!! Specifically the last couple posts!!!! I'll PM you his number.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truc...ies/178595.htm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #27754
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Do it Andy, or rather sell your Jeep this Sunday so I get a finders fee! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #27755
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I like that Ranger! Simple and clean looking.

I have so much want for this right now though!!! HMMM Baby or buggy, baby or buggy.......
bomber-20buggy.jpg  
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #27756
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

I have so much want for this right now though!!! HMMM Baby or buggy, baby or buggy.......
That thing is sweet, I say buggy, so you can take the baby for a ride in it when he is older!
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #27757
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

When are you going in for help? The TJ, CJ and buggy chassis you already have in your shop isn't enough to keep you busy? Or are those all already finished and ready to move on from? LOL I still think you need something that actually goes fast. Seems like you've got the crawlers covered already.

Only issue with that ranger is the transmission that's in it. #1 would be putting a cooler and a gauge on it if it doesn't already have one. My old one, I used to drive it with one eye on the gauge and the other on the road. The gauge would 100% dictate my driving style.

Unread 06-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #27758
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

When are you going in for help? The TJ, CJ and buggy chassis you already have in your shop isn't enough to keep you busy? Or are those all already finished and ready to move on from? LOL I still think you need something that actually goes fast. Seems like you've got the crawlers covered already.
That buggy looks like it could probably go pretty fast!
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #27759
sirhk100

Fast is a relative term when it comes to solid axles... I'm talking something that's actually fast...

Unread 06-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #27760
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Fast is a relative term when it comes to solid axles... I'm talking something that's actually fast...
Haha, ok fast for solid axles.
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #27761
sirhk100

Doesn't even look fast for solid axle with those shocks...

Unread 06-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #27762
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It wasn't finished in that pic, but that is your 2013 KOH winning rig built by Randy Slawson (Bomber Fab). Here it is.

You know, I've come to realize I'm more of an Ultra4 type rig guy. Where you Khris are comfortable in the open desert at speed (and very good at it!), I have to admit, I think I drive too "safe" to ever put a rig to it's full potential in the desert. BUT in the rocks...I will take my Jeep, a buggy, whatever through things that most won't even try....I also have 18years experience in the rocks that helps. I think when it comes time to buy something for the desert, you'll find me in a SxS for sure. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want to compete in KOH at some point, be it in the EMC or Unlimited class.
227627_524080730946088_842951734_n.jpg  
Unread 06-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #27763
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Hey guys just putting it out there I have the lift rims and tires off of my ZJ for sale.
Iff you know anyone in the market let me know thanks
Unread 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #27764
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ
Hey guys just putting it out there I have the lift rims and tires off of my ZJ for sale.
Iff you know anyone in the market let me know thanks
Pics and prices plz
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #27765
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

For this two week pay period, I'll be working 12 days in a row out of the 14! My lift will be coming along much more quickly than I had anticipated! That is of course, IF I can find the time to actually put wrench to bolt! Good lord, twelve hours yesterday, another twelve tonight, and MAYBE only eight hour days the rest o the week. It's unlikely though, because we have a guy on vacation, and it's heating up outside. Oh well, more cash to throw at the Jeep!

Oh, and FML! Lol(see below!)
GAWD I WANT THIS! I can't explain why I fell in love so much with this color on this Jeep!

image-766889913.jpg

It's consolation, because even if I had saved the cash from all the TJ upgrades, AND traded the TJ in....I would still have to finance a little over 10k, AND go through much of the same upgrades I'm doing now to the TJ! Besides, once it lifted with a gobi rack(you're to blame, Greg,) my TJ will me a much more capable rig with more cargo room, an less computerized control! I'm still happy with my decision to keep the TJ! Had it since new, and she's part of the family anyway! Lots of big life experiences have been had in it. Two trips to and from El Paso, once to white sands, Carlsbad caverns, Grand Canyon, and it drove my wife to the hospital for the birth of our second baby!
:ramble over:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.