Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1850 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 06-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #27736
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy death-trap Batman! Talk about serious impalement if you get in an accident (major splinters).

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/3849763447.html

MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #27737
sirhk100

Where's that picture taken? sure doesn't look anywhere near my house that's for sure! Brick buildings? Brick street?

Well... Now I really hope I get this other truck cause I lined up 2 more hella HID's. My light rack as is was probably going to be too narrow and 1 or maybe even 2 more lights width worth would be perfect on it but I didn't have more lights to use... I do now!!! LOL And speaking of lights, I'm letting it go with a set of PIAA lights on the bumper wired and ready to go. All the more reason to find me a buyer!!! These new HID's I have lined up are the old school original red ring hella lights that used to be over a grand a pop. I've always been curious to tear into one and see if there's any difference at all between those and the ones I've converted on my roof rack or like on Merrick's bumper.

And speaking of truck, it's not getting painted this weekend. The dip isn't showing up till Tuesday according to shipping... So next weekend I guess...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #27738
sirhk100

So I had noticed on the entry list for the baja 500 last weekend there was one class 2000 truck. I was actually pretty surprised to see any at all. Then I saw they were a team from Ohio!!!! Even more shocked... Well I just saw a picture of the entry.

Story has it, they made it to mile 5 of the baja 500 after traveling all the way from Ohio to race and ended up with a blown tranny...

Unread 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #27739
sirhk100

Hmmmm... Big plans for anyone this weekend? I'm thinking since I won't be dipping the truck that maybe I'll get the wheels swapped out this weekend instead. While they're torn down and apart I'm going to repaint the KMC wheels black in the center and I'm going to go pickup a can or red plasti dip to do the rings red to color match my truck once it's dipped. Should look nice...

The big question is, should I do something to the silver champion beadlocks I'm swapping over to the expo or just leave them? Down the road, the expo will be two tone with the top half white and the bottom half the factory maroonish color. I've thought about painting the centers like a metallic gun metal grey or something and then trying to color match the bead locks. Not sure though... I probably should just hold off for now. I can always paint them next time I change tires which likely will be in less then a year I'm guessing.

So yeah, swapping wheels is on my weekend agenda, tomorrow night I'm heading out to watch the mint 400 at a pub/grill and hoping to drive my truck with a for sale sign on it. May go out to stateline afterwards to watch some of the night race.

Unread 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #27740
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just had mine done by ecotint which was recomended by a few on here. They're about 3 weeks old right now. Customer service was great there. Pricing seemed fair. I initially wasn't happy with the results but overall I'm fine now after talking with them. I still need to take it back and see if they can fix one spot, I'm just on the opposite side of town though so it's hard to get by there sometimes. There was another place I was thinking about hitting up that had excellent yelp reviews and they offered a full warranty even for damage like scratches or whatever... You paid extra for it up front but the warranty may have been worth it.
I have been meaning to ask about that - what ended up happening? Did the bubbles go away with a few more days or did they have to re-do it?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #27741
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Someone was looking for a 4L motor?? May be worth calling to check on price?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3854343720.html
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #27742
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I have been meaning to ask about that - what ended up happening? Did the bubbles go away with a few more days or did they have to re-do it?
I went down there and they told me to give it more time and they'd go away. It's been 3+ weeks now and they have gotten smaller but they're still there. I just haven't had time to get over there to do anything about it. I know they're going to try and use the weld splatter excuse but you can CLEARLY feel the spots on the rear window that has it. This front window doesn't have it. I'm not even sure when I'll have a chance to get over there during their business hours honestly... I probably am just stuck with it at this point cause of my schedule. It's definitely helping with the heat issue in general though so...

Unread 06-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #27743
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Which place had the lifetime warranty? I'm thinking about doing the TJ windshield in a clear and the side windows in a mild tint with the expensive heat reducing film. I don't want to reduce visibility much when on the trail, especially at night(for cell reception times.) I like the idea of a little darker, an the reduction in heat.
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #27744
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is anyone running a Teraflex 2 low kit? If so I need your old low rang shifter fork that you replaced. I'm trying to avoid blowing tomorrow morning at the junkyard. I'll pay $40 for a low range shifter fork if someone has one. I think most of the jeep transfer cases use the same fork. Thanks!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #27745
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do you mean Tera 4lo? I'll be installing mine very soon!
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #27746
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This is pretty funny!
image-3192484195.jpg  
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #27747
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Which place had the lifetime warranty? I'm thinking about doing the TJ windshield in a clear and the side windows in a mild tint with the expensive heat reducing film. I don't want to reduce visibility much when on the trail, especially at night(for cell reception times.) I like the idea of a little darker, an the reduction in heat.
http://luxurywindowtinting.com/no-fault/

I was going to spend the money on the high quality stuff... They told me basically it's more for people that spend all day in their car driving. If you're the type that has it sitting outside all the time it's not really of any benefit. It doesn't reduce the heat, just protects you more from the sun. I'm not in the car that much so I went with the cheaper after talking with the guy at eco-tint eventhough I intended on going with the more expensive stuff. I'm happy with the level of darkness I went, I honestly don't remember what it is though, I'd have to look at the paper work. Details like that stick in my head for about a minute cause it's one of those things I just don't care about. If you want to see mine first hand though inside and out just let me know and I'll see what I did darkness wise. I'm happy with it day or night as it's not too dark from the inside looking out.

Unread 06-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #27748
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I went down there and they told me to give it more time and they'd go away. It's been 3+ weeks now and they have gotten smaller but they're still there. I just haven't had time to get over there to do anything about it. I know they're going to try and use the weld splatter excuse but you can CLEARLY feel the spots on the rear window that has it. This front window doesn't have it. I'm not even sure when I'll have a chance to get over there during their business hours honestly... I probably am just stuck with it at this point cause of my schedule. It's definitely helping with the heat issue in general though so...
That sucks. Sorry to hear it man, I have not heard of that shop before so I really cant say one thing or another about them but I will say the places I have went to for my tint jobs have made it very clear that if the bubbles don't go away after a week or they come back at any time, they will fix it for free.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #27749
sirhk100

I'm sure these guys will too, it's just a matter of going and doing it which isn't exactly easy. Believe it or not I'm actually a busy'ish kinda person after work and dealing with tint bubbles at a shop across town is pretty low on the priority totem pole. Making sure my truck is too good to pass up when I finally find a first person interested with cash is priority 1 right now. May actually pull the wheels off it tonight to start swapping.

Unread 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #27750
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Do you mean Tera 4lo? I'll be installing mine very soon!
They have a kit that alows the transfer case to be shiftted in to the low range ratio while in 2 wheel drive. It replaces the low range fork and selector.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.