Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 185 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #2761
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, but she's a *****! sorry couldn't resist!

Unread 12-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #2762
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Crap, yeah, but she's a bytch! Stupid word hiding
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #2763
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
My wife will probably have to work on her usual days off, but there is a mine I want to rappel down. Not safe to go in by myself. Anyone not doing anything Saturday morning? I'm not wanting someone to head down with me unless they already have plenty of roping experience. All I need is someone to make sure my top rope gear stays secure and get help if I fall. Not to rescue me, just to call for help.

Anyone interested in being my helper?
I might be able to. Depends on if I have to go see my in-law this weekend. The wife is going to see them one way or the other, just don't know if i have to tag along.
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #2764
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think I can talk the ol ball and chain into coming along. I have nothing to do. I'll bring some twinkies in case you get stuck down there. They won't ever go bad in case you are there for a long time.
What part of morning are we talking here?
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #2765
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And where at?
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #2766
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

im back again....

just popping in to say hello again. im back in town for about 2 weeks then im moving back to the east coast again. (damn job)

has anyone done any good wheeling lately?

im supposed to be going to hit up Logandale this weekend i think.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #2767
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

somebody buy my gun!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #2768
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How much??
Unread 12-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #2769
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

for jeep people, 700.

its a smith and wesson 325pd. 45acp revolver, scandium frame titanium cylinder. with a butt load of moon clips, 3 sets of grips (2 sets of ahrends). closest thing in production right now is the 325 thunder ranch.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #2770
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Crap, yeah, but she's a bytch! Stupid word hiding
If I went that route, Lassie would be my first choice. She's hot!
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #2771
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I might be able to. Depends on if I have to go see my in-law this weekend. The wife is going to see them one way or the other, just don't know if i have to tag along.
Let me know if you can. You've already been to the mine I want to get into. Tiffin and Sultan. There's a deep incline shaft in both.

Everyone else is welcome to come along. There's plenty to see and do out there. Lots of trails to get lost on.
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #2772
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I'll bring some twinkies in case you get stuck down there. What part of morning are we talking here?
Hey, jerk! Stop throwing Twinkie's at me and go get help!

I usually leave around 10:00. That should get us there around 10:30. We should be back around 2 or 3. Later if you want. I just have to pick up someone by 4:00.
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #2773
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is a PM I received from one of the regulars to this thread. He can respond if he wants, but I'm going to leave his name out of the quote. I'll reply to this openly in case there are others who feel the same way. It was not AlexReid.

Quote:
Are you always an *******? This thread was way better before you came around! Who would want to go to trails just to watch your rope?!! This forum isn't here to serve you! If your going to invite people to go you should include them in all activities! Nobody would want to go just to stand around and watch you having fun!!!!!!
I didn't go back and check my initial post about this, but I'm pretty certain I did invite anyone with rope experience to head down with me. As explained to a previous person as to why I don't like to guide anyone without rope experience, it's a safety issue.

Rappeling is dangerous. The safest way for someone without experience to descend would be tethered to me. If you fell, there would be a good chance you'd pull me down with you.

If anyone wants to learn how to safely rappel, I don't mind showing you, but inside a mine isn't the place to train. I've already showed quite a few people how to rappel. The best way I know how to properly introduce someone is by anchoring rope to my bumper and rappeling down tailing piles outside of mines. When you get comfortable, we'll try taller and steeper tailing piles until the drops are vertical. It doesn't become safe when I say so. It becomes safe when you are comfortable. Even with years of experience there is an inherant danger.

In fact, I would love it if a few other people were into this just to keep it safe for everyone. I'd like to know that if I'm ever in trouble, but in a non-emergency, I'd have someone to back me up.

If anyone here needs help, but you don't feel 911 is required, I don't mind helping out. If you feel you might get into a situation like that, PM me for my phone number. All I ask in return is that you make yourself available in a similar situation.
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #2774
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
And where at?
Tiffin and Sultan Mines. Just past Goodsprings. About 22 miles south of 15 and St. Rose.

Plans could change fast. I could wake up that day and not feel well enough to rope. If that's the case, we could just wagon train around a few trails in the area. In fact, after thinking about it more, the person I quoted previously may have a point. I don't mind ditching the roping plan so you guys don't have to stand around and wait for me to come up.
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #2775
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Lmao. I don't mind not going down into a hole. I would rather stay topside and look around while you go into holes. I have walkie talkies maybe they would work. I don't mind at all. Maybe I could pop a few rounds off into a hill while you look for bodies to loot. I have a shotgun that needs breaking in.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.