Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#36,862 ·
Well the unicorn is bolted up, filled with oil, new u joints on the drive shaft, l brakes installed on the axle and adjusted, it's sitting back on the wheels and tomorrow I will make the last brake line and bleed them and hopefully be back on the road.

I'm beat time for a beer

#36,863 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
Well the unicorn is bolted up, filled with oil, new u joints on the drive shaft, l brakes installed on the axle and adjusted, it's sitting back on the wheels and tomorrow I will make the last brake line and bleed them and hopefully be back on the road. I'm beat time for a beer
You should've gone to the foodie Fest with Jared and Terry.

#36,864 ·
Powrjunkey said:
Bears have incredibly thick skulls! I would have thought the info guru would have known this about puck!
See? You need to do more research! It took scientists years of in depth research but they did finally determine that Puck is in fact human with an abnormal amount of hair. That is why he was released from the zoo. It should be noted that Puck doesn't actually wheel when he goes to Parker, there is actually a secret government research facility there where they are trying to find out if he is the missing link.

#36,865 ·
andy02 said:
See? You need to do more research! It took scientists years of in depth research but they did finally determine that Puck is in fact human with an abnormal amount of hair. That is why he was released from the zoo. It should be noted that Puck doesn't actually wheel when he goes to Parker, there is actually a secret government research facility there where they are trying to find out if he is the missing link.
I'd say he is actually missing a few links, rather than him being a missing link.

#36,868 ·

Attachments

#36,873 ·
Holy hell. This locker is screwed up. Went on a drive to Henderson (still there) and it is CONSTANTLY unlocking when driving in a straight line. Like every few seconds sometimes a few in a row. It's pulling me all over the road and on the highway.

Coming out when I get home tonight. Jeebus something ain't right back there.

#36,874 ·
Holy hell. This locker is screwed up. Went on a drive to Henderson (still there) and it is CONSTANTLY unlocking when driving in a straight line. Like every few seconds sometimes a few in a row. It's pulling me all over the road and on the highway.

Coming out when I get home tonight. Jeebus something ain't right back there.
Your tires may not be aired up properly. Lockers are simple devices.

#36,877 ·
Opened the diff and nothing appears wrong. Very very very small amount of teeny tiny metal shavings only in the very bottom, I would assume that may happen when the teeth ratchet.

Reading about the Detroit EZ locker there seem to be a ton of problems with them. This one is coming out :-(

Don't wanna deal with it

#36,879 ·
Pulled the shafts and had the carrier out and swapped back to spider gears in less than an hour. Just need to take the carrier to work and torque it down then reinstall everything tomorrow night. When I was pulling everything I had the rear end jacked up and trans in neutral. I took off one tire and was turning the hub by hand. The thig was unlocking and ratcheting and the only low was the weight of one tire. Something ain't right but whatever. done.

Gear Wood Engineering Machine Auto part

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.