Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1844 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #27646
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

AC is not too big of a deal right now as long as you are moving. Now in a few weeks that will be a different story.

Unread 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #27647
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Marn, your work truck has no a/c?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #27648
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
AC is not too big of a deal right now as long as you are moving. Now in a few weeks that will be a different story.
I did fine all of last summer in the white expo without A/C. I think the white top and limo tint saved me though honestly. As long as I was moving it wasn't bad. I still remember the one day I had to sit in traffic though and the couple times I got stuck in a drive thru for way too long!!! Those couple times did suck but really it wasn't too bad. This summer it's been great so far though with the cold air in the red exploder! Gotta love old school R12 AC systems!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #27649
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

hopefully my camping trip will only see temps in the high 60's
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #27650
sirhk100

Andy, go offer this dude $6000!!!!!

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truc...ies/178595.htm

Unread 06-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #27651
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I wish my ZJ had AC.... I hate the heat with a passion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #27652
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I would normally agree with you, however i have never experienced the situation that I have right now in a different vehicle.

2 door ford ranger. No sliding rear window.

So....there are no back seats, the back glass is literally 4" from the back of your head, and there are only 2 windows.

I'm not trying to sound whiny, but seriously, I have never experienced a WORSE vehicle to ride in with the windows down. The air has nowhere to go other than through the two side windows and it literally just BEATS on you unlike any other car I've been in. It all comes in but it has nowhere to go other than out the same window sit came in. It's ridiculously turbulent in there, and the percussion on your ears is terrible (which is a great way to go deaf).

Its hard to explain, but it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Marn, your work truck has no a/c?
Compressor locked up on Sunday. smoked the clutches. I pulled over and though the damn truck was on fire.

I wont have time to get it fixed until next saturday. I need to get it done on my schedule which is insane this time of year. there isnt really any way for me to just come to work and drive a different truck and have mine magically returned a few days later or anything.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #27653
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

tell the boss that you are not winning over any customers getting there soaking wet and smelling like gym locker room.
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #27654
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
tell the boss that you are not winning over any customers getting there soaking wet and smelling like gym locker room.
I've tried.

I'm out of the office from tomorrow-Monday, you'd think they could do it then, but I'm the one that has to handle it...sigh.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #27655
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Powr, I found your next ride. Unfortunately it would take you approximately 800 weekends to build if you did the work yourself! Haha

image-1848735314.jpg
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #27656
sirhk100

I'm not sure, this may be more his style... I'm not so convinced that he's really the offroad type he thinks he is.

Unread 06-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #27657
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
it would take you approximately 800 weekends to build if you did the work yourself! Haha
thats the only part i'm ing about. hahaha.

I'm not much better though. but I'm waiting on parts to be pulled and mailed from NC.

Unread 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #27658
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've been without a jeep for almost 2 years now.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #27659
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

:flipoff: rofl! We'll see how much of an off road type I am here in a few short weeks! You're all forgetting that I'm supporting a family of four, mortgage, and utilities on only my income! AND trying to build a Jeep at the same time. It takes a lot of money and time.
If I spend all my time with the Jeep, I'll have no family. If I spend all my time with the family, I don't get a finished Jeep. I have to find the balance point in there somewhere. On top of having to work 12 days in a row last week.
It will get there though. It looks like probably by the end of July, it should be on the trails again.
:flipoff: :tongueout: lol
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #27660
sirhk100

It's okay Power, you're no worse then I am... All I do is build vehicles very capable of offroading but then I don't actually follow thru and use them! I spent a year building a race truck that got raced once. I've spent a few months building this expo that's gone down a dirt road once so far. My yota that I'm trying to sell, well it gets used occasionally but for the most part it collects dust cause I'm too busy building other rides that don't get used. I've got a very nicely built and well riding dirt bike that hasn't been used since April of 2012 and hasn't been raced since late 2011!!! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.