Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#36,842 ·
And oh my god people that don't have their **** together when they go to a guard gate!

Listen ****er, make sure the rich person you are going to visit knows you are coming so they can either put your name on the list of answer their damn phone! I've been sitting at the red rock gate for like 10 minutes and the front car hasn't even moved yet. Oh joy only 5 more cars to go .

#36,844 ·
LOL, how about ruffling some feathers here... This is for 6 cyl TJ & YJ OWNERS ONLY :p... I need to compile a list of people that would be interested in running some new radiators we're working on. I may have as many as 10 to start testing with. They'll be aluminum full fabricated nice pieces. I don't have them yet, will likely still be a bit but would like to get contacts now so I have them all spoken for when they come in and we can start getting mileage on them ASAP. You'll want to keep your stock one or whatever you have in there right now. These "should" be nicer then stock and "should" be problem free but that's part of the "testing" part. Can't promise... You'll keep them.

Would prefer those of you that actually use your jeeps as daily drivers so that we can start racking up the mileage at a reasonable rate. I've sent out an email to the boss man as to if I'm just going to be handing these out and recording a date and mileage or if I'm going to have the joys of installing 9 friggen radiators. Ugh... PM me if you're interested in this offer and I'll toss you on the list. First 9 to speak up will get them but I'll keep a list of everyone local I get word from in case others back out by the time we get them.
My TJ 6 cyl is a dd, I'd be willing to test one for ya.

#36,845 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
And oh my god people that don't have their **** together when they go to a guard gate! Listen ****er, make sure the rich person you are going to visit knows you are coming so they can either put your name on the list of answer their damn phone! I've been sitting at the red rock gate for like 10 minutes and the front car hasn't even moved yet. Oh joy only 5 more cars to go .
LOL Reminds me of visiting you.

#36,846 ·
B0nez said:
LOL Reminds me of visiting you.
Nah nah nah its all just a facade in my little corner of the ghetto to make people who think they have a fancy house in a fancy area feel that they are secure.

You can roll up to the gate where a random dude wearing street clothes doesn't even ask you where you are going and spew out a random string of numbers and a made up street name and they will let you in, and not even write down where you are going or your license plate or anything, and then he will open the gate that is so flimsy you could ram it full speed and not even scratch your paint that was installed because people got annoyed waiting for the low real gates to open

Vs. real gates neghbirhoods where there are cameras lists of names and residences, phone numbers and other actual security measures lol

#36,847 ·
I also realized that the expression 'it's 5 o'clock somewhere' doesn't apply to me.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere? Well that means I would still be working even if I was there.

It's 7 o'clock somewhere is much closer to the truth for me, but that would still just mean that Its time for me to go home and work another few hours

#36,849 ·
anyone have a recommendation on removing a stud? I just tried the put another bolt on and tighten it and remove it trick. I stripped the two bolts and didn't budge the stud. I don't want to put vise grips to it in fear I eff up the threads and don't budge it as well. I am trying to install a transfer lowering kit since I am getting vibes.

#36,850 ·
hey guys i bought a jeep a while back and just swapped out the tranny so i'm finally back on the road. I am decently mechanically inclined but have been wanting to do a 4.0 head and fuel injection swap onto my 4.2 block. I have done most the research but the wiring is still a bit scary!! i was wondering if there was anyone here that has done it or is comfortable with doing it that would possibly help me. I'd be happy to compensate you for your time!

#36,851 ·
mexico:dunno:

i seen this post at first thought Puck tacoed his Jeep. I wheeled with him once a few months ago. Did not seem like the type to "Fly his rig":cheers:
Speaking of, Doc, I am in the planning phase for the next trip down to Parker after Thanksgiving. I am going to try and get a few more rigs to come down there. As soon as I have my plans and details sorted out, I will let you know a few months in advance. That way I hope some of your AZ wheelers can join in f9r the weekend, and have an epic time out on the trails.

#36,852 ·
anyone have a recommendation on removing a stud? I just tried the put another bolt on and tighten it and remove it trick. I stripped the two bolts and didn't budge the stud. I don't want to put vise grips to it in fear I eff up the threads and don't budge it as well. I am trying to install a transfer lowering kit since I am getting vibes.
Soak it good with PB blaster and let it sit overnight. Is it a stud, or a bolt?

If it's a stud, use two nuts tightened against each other.
Don't be shy about using heat. If you don't have cutting torches, try a map gas torch from home depot. You don't heat the stud, you heat what the stud is threaded into to expand it, thus making the stud or bolt looser.

If all else fails, weld a nut on the stud. If you don't have a welder and your friends don't, I'll do it for a 16oz beer. I get thirsty working on people's stuff.

#36,853 ·
Speaking of, Doc, I am in the planning phase for the next trip down to Parker after Thanksgiving. I am going to try and get a few more rigs to come down there. As soon as I have my plans and details sorted out, I will let you know a few months in advance. That way I hope some of your AZ wheelers can join in f9r the weekend, and have an epic time out on the trails.
That is the month of the Desert splash event we run in Parker. Not sure yet on the exact date though. 4 days of wheeling and camping at La paz for like 110 per jeep. Good time to run those harder trails as the guys that really know them well will be spotting.

if not just pick days that are not on that weekend as its very busy on that weekend like 400 jeeps all the trails will be ran. every day.

:thumbsup:

#36,854 ·
Puck81 said:
You going to have your cage done by then?

#36,856 ·
I thought studs were on the axles and used to hold the wheels on and were just pressed in from the back.. a few healthy smacks with a 1lb sledge gets them out no problem. Are there other studs on a vehicle that I am not aware of?

#36,859 ·
yeah Puck i'll take them.

B0onez there are two studs that are holding the transfer case support on to the frame/body. I tapped em with a hammer a bit and sprayed some penetrant oil on them to try and loosen them. I was going to head to store to buy a higher grade of bolts to try and get this off again. Last ones stripped the threads inside the bolt when I was trying to tighten them down.

#36,860 ·
Puck81 said:
Yes I should, why?
Just checking. Don't want you to bash your skull in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.