Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1842 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #27616
eljeeplv
2013 JK Wrangler 

Most people forgot why they left the north. No jobs unless you have some sort of degree.

eljeeplv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #27617
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Grand_ZJ;15519756] It's not a place to raise kids. QUOTE]

This has come into play for me now.

I like living in Vegas, because I love off-road and it's a huge part of my lifestyle. BUT My wife doesn't love it here, especially with majority of her close friends being back in TX. My only reason to want to go back to TX is because it's easy to raise a kid there and all of both our family is there. I might have to build a rock-bouncer or something if I move back there

I will say that if the drive wasn't 2 hours, I would buy a house in St. George, UT and commute to work here, but not economical obviously. I absolutely love that place! Otherwise the only other place I would settle down is CO.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #27618
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I want to move to Flagstaff AZ. That is the only place i would move to if i left vegas.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #27619
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

St George is pretty nice. I have some friends that live up there and it has all the good things that vegas does and not as much of the bad.

I was born and raised here and so was my wife. I think we came out alright. At the same time talking to my little sister a lot has changed since I graduated 9 yrs ago.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #27620
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Seattle or Vancouver, wa are on my list. But of course, the economies aren't going to be as good as try typically are in vegas or other touristy places. Washington has no state income tax too, so many people live in Vancouver and commute across the river to Portland OR.

Anyone up for a possible trip to Tahoe and rubicon trail in August? Preliminary planning for a camping week in Tahoe with a mid-week rubicon run. I understand its possible to run in one day mid-week. Haven't settled on it for sure yet, but wanted to see if anyone would be seriously considering it. My parents need someplace cool during the day, so Tahoe should work for them.

What other places would be good for cool daytime temps and good wheeling? Only limitation is, there has to be a major medical facility within about 100 miles for my mom's dialysis.
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #27621
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was also born and raised here and I feel like I turned out okay too. I find that everywhere I have traveled around the country; kids find ways to get into trouble, there are poor quality this and that (education, entertainment, laws, taxes, politics, etc.) and great quality this and that (i.e. the same things).

Basically if you want to find reasons to like something, you will find it. If you want to find reasons to hate something you'll find that too, usually a lot faster because people love to share bad/shocking news more than they like to share positive and happy news.

I am tired of the concrete jungle that Vegas is turning into and how big its grown. If I moved anywhere else it would be only to go to a more rural area, but it would be hard to find something like that with all of the conveniences Vegas offers.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #27622
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I seriously just need to get the hell away from the masses.

I have a general dislike for the population. Unless they own jeeps though. Or toyotas.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #27623
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

forgot to put a pic up of the lights on i still have them if any body wants them
kc-.jpg  
cowboywelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #27624
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Seattle I hear is booming for jobs. I was thinking I would just get in with boeing since my uncle has worked there for like 30 plus years. Or I just transfer up there with my job now.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #27625
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I thought about transferring up there too with my job. If there had been an opening up there when we were looking at houses, we would have made the move.

I want those lights, but my wallet doesn't! Lol I have to finish the lift first...so close!
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #27626
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

lol i hear you i really like them but need the motor they are usless with out it
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #27627
eljeeplv
2013 JK Wrangler 

Damn... Those are bright
eljeeplv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #27628
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What's wrong with the motor?
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #27629
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i dropped 3 pistons in my oil pan
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #27630
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Now why'd you go and do that?! Butterfingers! Lol
Definitely need a new motor!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.