Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#36,803 ·
P.S. I have had this carrier sitting in a cardboard box in my truck all day and it smells like **** in here. You thought diff oil smelled bad? Have you ever smelled the 40 year old diff oil that was under-behind the ring gear bolts? Holy hell.

#36,804 ·
Hey marn, not sure what your schedule is like but I won't be around this weekend. Gotta run to Az so just a heads up if you were hoping I could melt metal for you. Maybe sunday afternoon depending when I get back but that's not a guarantee...

#36,807 ·
sirhk100 said:
Hey marn, not sure what your schedule is like but I won't be around this weekend. Gotta run to Az so just a heads up if you were hoping I could melt metal for you. Maybe sunday afternoon depending when I get back but that's not a guarantee...
No worries. I am hopeful that I will get it under the truck this weekend and then go from there once the pinion angle is set

#36,809 ·
Lookin good bud. I dropped my tail gate off to the body shop to get a huge crease fixed then hopefully can put my truck on the market.
So need some advice from anyone who can give it. I've been looking at yota 4x4 trucks and SUVs. Would rather have a v6 or bigger, manual trans, lockers a plus but not a deal breaker. Is there anything to look for as far as motors, trans, miles, option to look for. I don't know much about the v6's but it seems like the 3.4 is more desire able then the 3.0. Year doesn't matter to me as much as condition.

#36,810 ·
Lookin good bud. I dropped my tail gate off to the body shop to get a huge crease fixed then hopefully can put my truck on the market.
So need some advice from anyone who can give it. I've been looking at yota 4x4 trucks and SUVs. Would rather have a v6 or bigger, manual trans, lockers a plus but not a deal breaker. Is there anything to look for as far as motors, trans, miles, option to look for. I don't know much about the v6's but it seems like the 3.4 is more desire able then the 3.0. Year doesn't matter to me as much as condition.
How much do you want to spend?

#36,812 ·
3.0 was known for head gasket issues. many claim that once they're replaced with a better gasket the engines are pretty good. The 3.4L though is noticeably more power and super reliable. "If" you got a 3.0 and wanted to swap in a 3.4L it's virtually a direct bolt in. Bolts right to the trans and right up to the motor mounts. Exhaust changes and wiring basically. It's not too hard of a swap and there's TONS of info out there. Tacoma's are going to see a noticeable price jump typically but like puck said, the older pickups weren't offered with a locker.

Front suspension on the tacoma's and 4 runners is the same, rear is different. Not sure if that has any influence on your decision.

BTW, my engine swap info is first hand... Seat of the pants there was no comparison between the two when it came to power!

And I'm sure just about everyone that's gotten a ride in this will vouch for the RPMs I run it at in 2nd gear and the abuse I put that motor thru. So far it's been problem free other then that one time it tried to escape!

#36,815 ·
This dude may be good for us, or he may really suck for us. There's a factor he's down playing that he doesn't understand in my opinion that he thinks will be easy to deal with and that's the owner... LOL

Hey Andy, here's one for you to watch... Sounds like exactly what you want basically just not the right chassis but everything else is pretty much exact, may be some good info along the way for you.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/dr-rides/217100.htm

#36,816 ·
Locker really isn't a deal breaker. I'll try and find a good toyota forum. I've heard a lot of info but I'm still not really sure what I'm looking for. Basically I just want a reliable 4x4 in decent shape that I will use for daily transportation and light trail/hunting use. I've found a couple of tundras for fairly cheap as well as a ton of tacos. A/c is a must.

#36,818 ·
ksturgio said:
Locker really isn't a deal breaker. I'll try and find a good toyota forum. I've heard a lot of info but I'm still not really sure what I'm looking for. Basically I just want a reliable 4x4 in decent shape that I will use for daily transportation and light trail/hunting use. I've found a couple of tundras for fairly cheap as well as a ton of tacos. A/c is a must.
Mmmmmm, taco's. Pepe's or Taco y Taco?

Or taco like puck's jeep next time he wheels it doorless?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.