Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1837 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #27541
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
oh yeah... well I can find footage of a girl putting an apple in her ***** and an orange coming out of her ***
Why would you want to see that?

On the other hand, why do people get injured at these races? I'm so confused...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZid6kpJfg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #27542
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That recovery was awesome. No we don't have a crane we've got a bull dozer. Just make a dirt ramp so we can get it out of the cove. If you did that here they would find you for moving dirt on protected land.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #27543
sirhk100

I can't imagine what that ride down into that cove was like!!!! Talk about crapping your pants!!!

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #27544
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

mornin' gents.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #27545
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Man how dumb....I heard racers were getting death threats for running out of t-shirts and stickers. During contingency people were even pulling things off trucks.....It wont be long before a couple trucks/drivers get gunned down or booby trapped by the cartel.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #27546
sirhk100

God I love kids with their prerunner trucks!!!! Any idea why this jump is affectionately called "the wall"?

All good, drives like a champ, just needs a slight alignment!

Unread 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #27547
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Man how dumb....I heard racers were getting death threats for running out of t-shirts and stickers. During contingency people were even pulling things off trucks.....It wont be long before a couple trucks/drivers get gunned down or booby trapped by the cartel.
Ricky... Here's another from this race...

Quote:
"One of my 40 Class teammates Mike Baxter from Carson city NV was pre running the start from Ensenada on thurs aprox 10:00 am when at about RM10 is came across and "Downed rider" Or so he though with his bike laying in the middle of the course and the hunched over clutching his stomach. As he pulled up he asked the guy if he was ok and the guy muttered something in Spanish like he was in pain. So he asked again and this time he pulled up a Black .45 handgun and pointed it 10 inches from his face and said "Give me your bike right now or ill shoot you". As Mike was literally about to take this POS gun out of his hands and beat the life out of him another guy jumped from the bushes on his left and then another from behind. Sadly he had to give up his 450X. Before I forget I want to truly thank Kyle Abney because he not only stopped and rode Mike out or harms way but he drove mike to two different Police stations and stayed with his for over 4Hrs of Hell.. Without going into all the other details and how we figured this out let me say that the police have been Outstanding since minute one taking this very very serious. They found out that this guy not only races SCORE races but was entered in what we understood was team 5X. They call Him "Freddy" and he was the suspect in the robbery of as I understand it a Canadian rider at last years 500.. As of right ow they said that the police know everything about this POS including his home and his mothers home and as far as the police say he is on the run. He was positively identified by Mike in some arrest photos they had of the guy. He rides a Honda 450X with "Monster stickers" on the graphics. He also has a black helmet of some kind. That is all the info I have as of right now. We of course took this info straight to Oscar the Attorney for SCORE and we were blown off like we were a second class citizen. We sent off emails with No response and finally after a few more phone calls we had to go down the the convention center and practically Corner Roger Norman. So after a lengthy discussion Mike was basically told to Pack sand and there was NOTHING that they could do about it and or would do about it and "thanks for coming" but don't let the door hit you in the ***. So I just wanted to let everyone know that this kind of thing is serious and we are really hoping they find this POS and we find the bike. "
I know 1st hand a group of three guys that were held at gun point on a ride we were on down there a few years ago. We had broke up into a couple groups, I was in the front faster group of 5 and there was another group of 3 behind us. They were trapped basically and forced to give up everything except their bikes. That was on a non-race weekend.

There also was the TT that was pulled off the starting line at san felipe a few years in regards to some drug cartel thing as well... Not sure what the whole story about that was though.

Andy McMillin and his Mom had an incident a few years back where a van pulled up to them on the street, the door opened, a guy got out, pointed a gun at them, then got back in and drove off. Someone like him could easily be kidnapped for an extensive amount of ransom money down there!

There also was the family who was kidnapped, held at gun point, put in a ditch with bags over their head and everything they had including vehicles were stolen. That was a GNARLY story!!! In fact there was an episode of "I shouldn't be alive" or something like that based on their story coming home from the baja race a few years back. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18559_162-6044922.html

Unread 06-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #27548
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Can anyone recommend a place here in town to go take the concealed carry class? I'm looking for the lowest cost option. Thanks!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #27549
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
God I love kids with their prerunner trucks!!!! Any idea why this jump is affectionately called "the wall"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nXGbBOhaSo

All good, drives like a champ, just needs a slight alignment!

lol.

'looks great bro!'

Man, i thought i was a dummy for romping the wag over that one little bitty dune that one time.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #27550
sirhk100

Oh, for the record, my prerunner truck is officially solid grey. It actually looks pretty good. Hoping it looks better though this Sat morning if the dip shows up in time! The sprayer tracking shows it should be here Thursday. Don't have any official word on the dip though. I primered the whole truck though over this weekend. Starting the interior clean up tonight. Then pull it out and wash it down tomorrow evening probably. Thursday night I gotta figure out if I have a wiring issue or if the starter died but I'll fix that thurs night. Then hopefully I'll be prepping to paint on Friday night and dipping it Sat morning starting before sunrise! Hoping it's red by about the time most of you are waking up Sat morning in hopes of beating the heat! LOL

Unread 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #27551
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good thing firearms are illegal in mexico...just saying.
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #27552
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Baldwin's team showed pics on Facebook of them bringing several pistols and ARs down there in their trucks to protect themselves on pre-runs, etc.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #27553
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Good thing firearms are illegal in mexico...just saying.
Oh god, stick to the other firearms thread... LOL The issues in Mexico go WAY WAY WAY WAY beyond the firearms laws. That's about a percent of a percent of the issue down there.

I'll still go to a san felipe race anytime!!! Love it down there!!!

Braaaaap!!!

Unread 06-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #27554
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I hope Andy's trip is not going like this

Unread 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #27555
sirhk100

Where'd Andy go?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.