Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1836 - JeepForum.com

 4Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #27526 of 41864 Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

I'm fine, you better watch out next time short studf

Posted from outer space.
Ain't skeered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #27527 of 41864 Old 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Ain't skeered.
You should be...he might mousse your hair and pick out a nice outfit for you.

2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline  
post #27528 of 41864 Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
cowboywelder
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Las Vegas
Posts: 62
Lmao run fa r far away
cowboywelder is offline  
post #27529 of 41864 Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywelder
Lmao run fa r far away
I already AM far, far away! Soon, I will be even farther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #27530 of 41864 Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
cowboywelder
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Las Vegas
Posts: 62
Lol
cowboywelder is offline  
post #27531 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 AM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,875
man my hands are shaking from withdrawl. This was the first weekend in months that I did not see any type of trail. Well unless you count cutting across the field to get to BassPro...

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #27532 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Well unless you count cutting across the field to get to BassPro...
I'm pretty sure that counts in the mall crawling category so you're safe! If you did any extreme curb flexing then you're for sure safe and can count it!

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #27533 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
A little bit brutal to watch so there's your warning. This was sat at the baja 500. The course is wide open straight away with a jump followed directly by a blind left corner. This guy missed it on GPS, forgot about it or something and well, here's your reason to not stand outside of a corner. 1 spectator was killed in this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R7FC7M1HeBE


The driver was put in jail, released last night on $25K bail, not sure if they were able to get their car out of impound and who knows what will happen next. Being mexico, I bet it's a gutsy move to show up to the court case in hopes of winning and getting your $25K back cause if you loose, you're going to mexican prison.

So much crap went on at the 500 this weekend, while I'd still go spectate a san felipe race, you'll never see me race down there again and probably won't ever spectate the 500 or 1000 again unless they make some major changes. If I do, you won't catch me in ensenada that's for sure!

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #27534 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 09:54 AM
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,986
Looks to me like maybe they shouldn't of been standing there. It's their own fault. At least in rally events people seem to have a little more common sense (but I think WRC is a little more strict on where spectators can be). Sad but what do you expect being on the outside of a sharp turn?
ksturgio is offline  
post #27535 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
I'm not arguing one bit that it wasn't 100% the spectator's fault. Same as the wreck here in the US a few summers ago. 100% the spectator's fault for sure! If you're going to stand on the edge of a live race course, be ready to pay the penalty cause even though it may look it, the drivers don't always have control. I can speak 1st hand on that statement!


But, that's Mexico, not the US, very first thing to happen likely was the Mexican police put that dude in cuffs and hauled him off. You're arrested first and then gotta get out of trouble down there. It's how it is...

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #27536 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,875
some people just do not have common sense. I guess some could say that this is just another case of natural selection... Sucks that the driver will have to go through all the mess though.

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #27537 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,986
X2 on driver control. At those speeds on the asphalt, let alone dirt anything can happen. I feel for the driver he's going to be screwed on this one. Makes me think how much longer that race series will last. You would think Mexico would be on the side of the event with how much money it brings in to their **** economy.
ksturgio is offline  
post #27538 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
X2 on driver control. At those speeds on the asphalt, let alone dirt anything can happen. I feel for the driver he's going to be screwed on this one. Makes me think how much longer that race series will last. You would think Mexico would be on the side of the event with how much money it brings in to their **** economy.
It won't affect the series at all and next year and the year after more people will be killed. This isn't the first, isn't the last. I can find footage of a dudes face being smashed in by the camera he's looking thru being nailed by the front tire of a trophy truck landing off a jump. I can find footage of a dudes leg being broke while getting nailed by a buggy as he runs out to see a car go by not realizing there was a 2nd car hidden in the dust that nails the dude. Heck, I can find footage of a trophy truck rolling thru a crowd and one of the people injured is actually Ivan Stewart's son... Every year a spectator gets hurt or killed. Every year a racer gets hurt or killed by spectator booby traps. This year the two deaths I've heard about at the 500 is one from this wreck and another was a bike rider suspected of heat stroke leading to heart attack. The 1000 will be in Nov and I'd bet there will be more stories... It's just the way it is. Dakar, Baja, Isle of Man TT... IMO, that last true balls out races left! (I'm hoping to spectate the Isle of Man TT next year!!!)

Heck, watch the dude on the bicycle in this one at 0:35...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvreXYE0bQ

As for driver control, when I'm running the race truck I don't typically drive it persay... I let it pretty much wonder and go where it wants to go with just slight corrections. If someone is passing me or I'm passing or there's a tight line I wrestle the truck where I want it but most of the time, I'm along for the ride more then I am driving. LOL

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #27539 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 11:07 AM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
It won't affect the series at all and next year and the year after more people will be killed. This isn't the first, isn't the last. I can find footage of a dudes face being smashed in by the camera he's looking thru being nailed by the front tire of a trophy truck landing off a jump. I can find footage of a dudes leg being broke while getting nailed by a buggy as he runs out to see a car go by not realizing there was a 2nd car hidden in the dust that nails the dude. Heck, I can find footage of a trophy truck rolling thru a crowd and one of the people injured is actually Ivan Stewart's son... Every year a spectator gets hurt or killed. Every year a racer gets hurt or killed by spectator booby traps. This year the two deaths I've heard about at the 500 is one from this wreck and another was a bike rider suspected of heat stroke leading to heart attack. The 1000 will be in Nov and I'd bet there will be more stories... It's just the way it is. Dakar, Baja, Isle of Man TT... IMO, that last true balls out races left! (I'm hoping to spectate the Isle of Man TT next year!!!)

Heck, watch the dude on the bicycle in this one at 0:35...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvreXYE0bQ

As for driver control, when I'm running the race truck I don't typically drive it persay... I let it pretty much wonder and go where it wants to go with just slight corrections. If someone is passing me or I'm passing or there's a tight line I wrestle the truck where I want it but most of the time, I'm along for the ride more then I am driving. LOL
oh yeah... well I can find footage of a girl putting an apple in her ***** and an orange coming out of her ***

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #27540 of 41864 Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
BTW, best recovery video ever!!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvibI3gCcno

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Marn Nevada Jeep Forum 1354 05-05-2016 08:43 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome