Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1836 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #27526
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

I'm fine, you better watch out next time short studf

Posted from outer space.
Ain't skeered.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #27527
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Ain't skeered.
You should be...he might mousse your hair and pick out a nice outfit for you.
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #27528
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Lmao run fa r far away
cowboywelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #27529
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywelder
Lmao run fa r far away
I already AM far, far away! Soon, I will be even farther.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #27530
cowboywelder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Lol
cowboywelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #27531
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

man my hands are shaking from withdrawl. This was the first weekend in months that I did not see any type of trail. Well unless you count cutting across the field to get to BassPro...
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #27532
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Well unless you count cutting across the field to get to BassPro...
I'm pretty sure that counts in the mall crawling category so you're safe! If you did any extreme curb flexing then you're for sure safe and can count it!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #27533
sirhk100

A little bit brutal to watch so there's your warning. This was sat at the baja 500. The course is wide open straight away with a jump followed directly by a blind left corner. This guy missed it on GPS, forgot about it or something and well, here's your reason to not stand outside of a corner. 1 spectator was killed in this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R7FC7M1HeBE

The driver was put in jail, released last night on $25K bail, not sure if they were able to get their car out of impound and who knows what will happen next. Being mexico, I bet it's a gutsy move to show up to the court case in hopes of winning and getting your $25K back cause if you loose, you're going to mexican prison.

So much crap went on at the 500 this weekend, while I'd still go spectate a san felipe race, you'll never see me race down there again and probably won't ever spectate the 500 or 1000 again unless they make some major changes. If I do, you won't catch me in ensenada that's for sure!

Unread 06-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #27534
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Looks to me like maybe they shouldn't of been standing there. It's their own fault. At least in rally events people seem to have a little more common sense (but I think WRC is a little more strict on where spectators can be). Sad but what do you expect being on the outside of a sharp turn?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #27535
sirhk100

I'm not arguing one bit that it wasn't 100% the spectator's fault. Same as the wreck here in the US a few summers ago. 100% the spectator's fault for sure! If you're going to stand on the edge of a live race course, be ready to pay the penalty cause even though it may look it, the drivers don't always have control. I can speak 1st hand on that statement!

But, that's Mexico, not the US, very first thing to happen likely was the Mexican police put that dude in cuffs and hauled him off. You're arrested first and then gotta get out of trouble down there. It's how it is...

Unread 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #27536
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

some people just do not have common sense. I guess some could say that this is just another case of natural selection... Sucks that the driver will have to go through all the mess though.
Unread 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #27537
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

X2 on driver control. At those speeds on the asphalt, let alone dirt anything can happen. I feel for the driver he's going to be screwed on this one. Makes me think how much longer that race series will last. You would think Mexico would be on the side of the event with how much money it brings in to their **** economy.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #27538
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
X2 on driver control. At those speeds on the asphalt, let alone dirt anything can happen. I feel for the driver he's going to be screwed on this one. Makes me think how much longer that race series will last. You would think Mexico would be on the side of the event with how much money it brings in to their **** economy.
It won't affect the series at all and next year and the year after more people will be killed. This isn't the first, isn't the last. I can find footage of a dudes face being smashed in by the camera he's looking thru being nailed by the front tire of a trophy truck landing off a jump. I can find footage of a dudes leg being broke while getting nailed by a buggy as he runs out to see a car go by not realizing there was a 2nd car hidden in the dust that nails the dude. Heck, I can find footage of a trophy truck rolling thru a crowd and one of the people injured is actually Ivan Stewart's son... Every year a spectator gets hurt or killed. Every year a racer gets hurt or killed by spectator booby traps. This year the two deaths I've heard about at the 500 is one from this wreck and another was a bike rider suspected of heat stroke leading to heart attack. The 1000 will be in Nov and I'd bet there will be more stories... It's just the way it is. Dakar, Baja, Isle of Man TT... IMO, that last true balls out races left! (I'm hoping to spectate the Isle of Man TT next year!!!)

Heck, watch the dude on the bicycle in this one at 0:35...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvreXYE0bQ

As for driver control, when I'm running the race truck I don't typically drive it persay... I let it pretty much wonder and go where it wants to go with just slight corrections. If someone is passing me or I'm passing or there's a tight line I wrestle the truck where I want it but most of the time, I'm along for the ride more then I am driving. LOL

Unread 06-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #27539
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
It won't affect the series at all and next year and the year after more people will be killed. This isn't the first, isn't the last. I can find footage of a dudes face being smashed in by the camera he's looking thru being nailed by the front tire of a trophy truck landing off a jump. I can find footage of a dudes leg being broke while getting nailed by a buggy as he runs out to see a car go by not realizing there was a 2nd car hidden in the dust that nails the dude. Heck, I can find footage of a trophy truck rolling thru a crowd and one of the people injured is actually Ivan Stewart's son... Every year a spectator gets hurt or killed. Every year a racer gets hurt or killed by spectator booby traps. This year the two deaths I've heard about at the 500 is one from this wreck and another was a bike rider suspected of heat stroke leading to heart attack. The 1000 will be in Nov and I'd bet there will be more stories... It's just the way it is. Dakar, Baja, Isle of Man TT... IMO, that last true balls out races left! (I'm hoping to spectate the Isle of Man TT next year!!!)

Heck, watch the dude on the bicycle in this one at 0:35...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQvreXYE0bQ

As for driver control, when I'm running the race truck I don't typically drive it persay... I let it pretty much wonder and go where it wants to go with just slight corrections. If someone is passing me or I'm passing or there's a tight line I wrestle the truck where I want it but most of the time, I'm along for the ride more then I am driving. LOL
oh yeah... well I can find footage of a girl putting an apple in her ***** and an orange coming out of her ***
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #27540
sirhk100

BTW, best recovery video ever!!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvibI3gCcno

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.