Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1828 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #27406
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I just got the call today and found out I got full time day shift from being on call. I think I am the only one that has ever done that. Everyone else goes from on call to graves, then swing and then days after years. Hard work does pay off!

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #27407
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Better pic of the new bumper, it is pretty stout.
Looks great! I like the clean lines and red accent. Doesn't look like it would get hung up on rocks as much as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Which reminds me, I want to buy an actual keyed locking hitch pin for my expo sometime.
I have had an el-cheapo key locking one (I think it was a master lock one as well) hanging off of the back of my rig for quite some time now and I never have washed it or paid much attention to it as far as maintaining it. Never had any issue at all, that could be because I chose one with a rubber cap over the key hole to ensure that it doesn't get dust, water and other debris in there.

On to other things.. what is this plasti-coat/dip thing you guys keep talking about? Whats different about it from regular paint & why would you have to spray on a dip? I'm confused.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #27408
sirhk100

Quote:
Better pic of the new bumper, it is pretty stout.

Attachment 632880
Oh you know I'm giving you crap about that red accent!!!! Holy crap I wish I was as bored as you!!!! Did you paint the bolts on your hood yet too?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #27409
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Looks great! I like the clean lines and red accent. Doesn't look like it would get hung up on rocks as much as mine.
Yeah I painted the receiver square red, just to break up the black. The whole thing besides the red square in coated in roll on bed liner (rustoleum brand). I really like how it turned out.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #27410
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Oh you know I'm giving you crap about that red accent!!!! Holy crap I wish I was as bored as you!!!! Did you paint the bolts on your hood yet too?
Yeah I figured you'd have something to say about it. And no I haven't painted the bolts on the hood, I was gonna wait until I took off the hood scoop again to repaint it since it got water on it last time I was painting it! Haha
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #27411
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

And hey it's summer time and I'm a college professor, I've got a bit of free time these days! Haha
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #27412
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
I just got the call today and found out I got full time day shift from being on call. I think I am the only one that has ever done that. Everyone else goes from on call to graves, then swing and then days after years. Hard work does pay off!
Hard work does pay off. According to our ranking system I'm #18 out of 150ish. This is including seniority and I've been here for 10 months

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #27413
sirhk100

My hose blew another hole in it a few weeks ago if you need to come over and do any painting...

Unread 05-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #27414
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Hard work does pay off. According to our ranking system I'm #18 out of 150ish. This is including seniority and I've been here for 10 months

Posted from outer space.
Screw that!!!! I'm not showing my cards... I do enough to out produce my coworkers and that's it. They'd flip if I actually "worked"... I'm hired as a designer to do cad work. At this point I'm also the guy that fixes the production equipment when it breaks, setups and tears down the production equipment, fixes and deals with the wheel welders, I've been on the roof fixing a/c and swamp cooler units, I've helped move offices, and I still do all my design work faster then my coworkers yet along with all that, I can run the internet during the work day like MOFO... No way I'm gonna let on that I do all that while still screwing around half the day. My 5% annual raise and yearly bonus isn't gonna change enough to justify showing that card when I already hear most of the company whine and complain that they didn't get anything and I'm biting my lip not to say what I got and how big it was...

Unread 05-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #27415
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
My hose blew another hole in it a few weeks ago if you need to come over and do any painting...
I was there when it happened, I'm pretty sure I made a comment stating that I'm glad I wasn't painting this time! Haha
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #27416
sirhk100

Sprayer and 4 gallons of red dip officially on order! Truck is turning red next weekend if it gets here in time! Gotta get it sexy for the first time in it's life to help sell it, I'm just assuming "most" people actually care about pointless crap like that and the 7 year old flat black krylon paint won't help the sale so I'm sucking it up and spraying it... "if" it sells and depending how this process goes, I'll possibly think about dipping the next truck too only cause it's actually sexy enough to care about! Plus when I scratch the crap out of it, it won't matter cause I can simply peel and reshoot it when it gets really bad. I couldn't see ever actually really painting a truck like these.

Unread 05-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #27417
sirhk100

Quote:
And hey it's summer time and I'm a college professor, I've got a bit of free time these days! Haha
Print out flyers for my truck and go post them around campus, you ain't got nothing better to do obviously!

Unread 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #27418
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Bumper looks good Merrick.

I don't think I can make it tomorrow. Apparently I got volunteered to pour at blues and brews.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #27419
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Oh and....yum! (Still was working through the foam)

image-4283906195.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #27420
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Screw that!!!! I'm not showing my cards... I do enough to out produce my coworkers and that's it. They'd flip if I actually "worked"... I'm hired as a designer to do cad work. At this point I'm also the guy that fixes the production equipment when it breaks, setups and tears down the production equipment, fixes and deals with the wheel welders, I've been on the roof fixing a/c and swamp cooler units, I've helped move offices, and I still do all my design work faster then my coworkers yet along with all that, I can run the internet during the work day like MOFO... No way I'm gonna let on that I do all that while still screwing around half the day. My 5% annual raise and yearly bonus isn't gonna change enough to justify showing that card when I already hear most of the company whine and complain that they didn't get anything and I'm biting my lip not to say what I got and how big it was...
I've learned my lesson at my last couple jobs. Every time I do anything additional outside of my job description I don't get rewarded for it, they just add it to my job description. Now I make sure I'm 5% better than the rest of the pack but never more, there's no reward in it.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.