Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1825 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #27361
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris, what did you do? The traffic lights are out on mountain vista and Harmon nd mountain vista and trop.

By the way crossing an intersection with no lights here is downright scary. Why don't people understand it just works like a stop light? Oh that's right because nobody on this side of town even has a license, forget about any actual knowledge of traffic laws/rules

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #27362
sirhk100

I was driving with a "local" the other day and was *****ing about vegas drivers. She's like "what, vegas people drive great" so I spent the next 20 minutes pointing out endless stupid moves people made including the 4 or 5 she made like turning right from the 3rd lane over from the right across the front of 2 lanes... The next time I saw her, she's pulling up with her front bumper dragging... Huh, ironic?

But yeah, sorry about that light. My dog got out for a few hours last night and chewed up some crap.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #27363
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My all time favorite "Vegas Driver" story actually happened in Texas. There was a girl that just moved from Vegas and we were riding with her when she started screaming and throwing a fit because the guy in the other lane would not let her get over. She was getting totally pissed, flipping the guy off an all because he would not let her get over. I nicely asked her if she had tried using her blinker because the guys ESP was probably not working right.
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #27364
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thinking about doing some camping next weekend up near Duck Creek. Then do some exploring on the local trails if anyone wants to tag along.
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #27365
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Yea it's vegas drivers, not every ******* from every other state that can't drive. (Yes that is sarcasm).
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #27366
sirhk100

Vegas license plate holders... How about that... Having lived in San Diego, Arizona and northern Cali as my 1st hand experience, Vegas is leaps and bounds ahead on the crappy drivers list!

Unread 05-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #27367
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Crappy drivers are everywhere. The DC area had the worst drivers that I know of though, and that is based off of 8 years ago before everyone had smart phones. The main difference with Vegas is that you have so many people from out of town that do no know where they are going.

As for the locals, I have noticed a drastic difference in the douschebaggery type driving as you get in the better neighborhoods.

As for everything else, the roads here are generally wider and have more lanes than anywhere else that I have been. On the flip side all of these brick walls leave blind spots, the road markings get covered by asphault very quickly, and the school zones make no sense half the time. How do you put a school zone in a cross walk that is over a half a mile from the school.
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #27368
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I read this article and had a serious WTF moment:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/8-year...142034921.html

I'm middle of the road on the gun issue but this blew my mind. The kid got in trouble for chewing his poptart into a gun shape? The school is offering counseling for the kids upset by the gun shaped poptart. Really?!?!?! This is completely out of control.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #27369
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Vegas is leaps and bounds ahead on the crappy drivers list!
freals. PEople dont get it.

Back home we always used to complain about mass-holes on the road. However, those Boston drives, even though they drive recklessly, they actually KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. They do dangerous stuff and rude stuff, not 'dumb' stuff haha. The semi drivers act like they are driving sub compacts, but they pull it off.

Us NH folk just drive 45 everywhere all the time. Highway in the summer, back dirt roads in a blizzard, in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of town. 45.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #27370
sirhk100

I'm with marn... I'm used to people driving like jerks, not just complete idiots. Getting cut off, racing to get in front of me, whatever... I'm talking about I've never lived somewhere where so many people blow red lights, stop at green lights, just flip a u-turn anywhere they please, make turns across lanes going straight, can't stay in lanes, etc...

I'm surprised kids still have things like GI Joe or Transformers honestly. How can you bust a kid for making a poptart gun but then probably allow him to have a transformer lunch box. Wait, do lunch boxes still exist? Anyways... I'm middle of the road guns myself as well.

Unread 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #27371
sirhk100

Such a rad shot Jason just posted on the TPF fb page...

Oh and I'm driving!!!

Unread 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #27372
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

will this load up?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=263951900410010
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #27373
sirhk100

Yup but I don't have sound on my computer at work and I don't have a fast enough connection at home to watch with sound typically. LOL

Unread 05-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #27374
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Andy, Add some coilovers and a set of air bumps to this kit and go play 2wd!!!

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...tm#post3321966

That's the most smoking deal I've seen in ages!!! You could do your whole front end for $2500... Crap, anyone looking for a cheap fun higher speed desert ride. Pick yourself up a beater ranger for like $2000 or less, pickup that kit and some coilovers and air bumps. Slap some leafs in the rear with some nice shocks and a very basic cage along with some fiberglass and you'd be hauling butt in the desert for cheap!
Why do you do this to me? You know I can't afford that right now! I want it but money says no.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #27375
sirhk100

It's 2wd anyways, not really a good jeep replacement. It would put you in the same arena as me... Needing to build a serious go fast 2wd rig and then still having something capable of 4wd fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.