Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1821 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Reply
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #27301
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,988
Congrats to you and the wife Ricky!

Agreed on the red Khris, looks a lot better and should be cooler too since the color isn't so dark.

On the note of cooler, I am also a user of the sun shade in the windshield with the side/rear windows tinted. I keep the windows rolled up though because I don't trust the people I work with and because its a pain in the butt to roll them down "just enough" with the speed my windows go up/down. The sun shade makes a huge difference for heat. I also use it in the winter time to protect the interior from UV rays that deteriorate the dash, seats, etc.

Adjustable ball joints will last longer if you have large tires with a lot of offset. That being said, it's a lot harder to get them in correctly to where everything lines up perfectly for alignment. If you don't get them right, you have to take them out, reposition, reinstall, then try again.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #27302
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=514326661967957
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #27303
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
I love how the camera man just laughs.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #27304
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Ouch. Glad he wasn't hurt, he obviously doesn't know much about wheeling and knowing the limits of his rig and his skills. Shame to see a beautiful rig like that in the hands of an idiot.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #27305
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City, Nevada
Posts: 2,847
Garza congrats!!!!


Bonez thanks for the reply. I think I'll just stick with the standard. Have no issues with those already installed.
__________________
89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #27306
SparkyPowers
Registered User
1979 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 14
Congrats Garza!
I'm finally done with this years Moab Willys Overland Rally so now its time to start on the CJ I bought from you. I hope to have it completed before next years Moab trip. Lots to do; new custom stretched frame, D44's, Detroits, GM 4.3, th350, Dana 300, paint, lizard skin etc. Fingers crossed. I will keep you posted on the build progress.
SparkyPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #27307
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
To continue with the oddness...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=113868112153903
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #27308
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,694
So its been a long weekend, I'm still recovering. I did paperwork all day today. I didn't get punched in the face like I said I would but 2 other people got hurt because of my actions. There was a big fight Sunday and I was taking out one of the main people in the fight (a friend of the foot ball team that I can't disclose) after he punched one of my guys. When I say taking out I don't mean like we are skipping along. I mean I shoved him back and he tried to swing on me so I grabbed him and drove like a mack truck to his chest, well that turned into about 10 other people falling down and me driving him to the ground. His head happened to hit a rock and cut the back of his head so bad it took 7 staples to close it. Well when that happened one of the POS friends cracked a champagne bottle over one of the guys protecting my back knocking him out and the other one got punched in the face a few times. We are all fine. Its not something I'm proud of but I am sick of this urban bull ****.

How did your weekend go? :haha:
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #27309
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyPowers
Congrats Garza!
I'm finally done with this years Moab Willys Overland Rally so now its time to start on the CJ I bought from you. I hope to have it completed before next years Moab trip. Lots to do; new custom stretched frame, D44's, Detroits, GM 4.3, th350, Dana 300, paint, lizard skin etc. Fingers crossed. I will keep you posted on the build progress.
i'll be watching that build!

Also look what I got....



image-1905975451.jpg

Time for me to make some brake lines.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #27310
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Ready for front chassis paint and new bushings. Going to pull front skidplate, paint all the front bumper tubing as well and clean up the skidplate getting ride of the sticker and the "X" and doing all fresh swirlies!

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #27311
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Ready for front chassis paint and new bushings. Going to pull front skidplate, paint all the front bumper tubing as well and clean up the skidplate getting ride of the sticker and the "X" and doing all fresh swirlies!
I have yet to see any mention of a turf interior, I really think that will up the resale on that thing.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #27312
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Buy it from me for $15K, install your turf and flip it for maybe $20K?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #27313
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
So its been a long weekend, I'm still recovering. I did paperwork all day today. I didn't get punched in the face like I said I would but 2 other people got hurt because of my actions. There was a big fight Sunday and I was taking out one of the main people in the fight (a friend of the foot ball team that I can't disclose) after he punched one of my guys. When I say taking out I don't mean like we are skipping along. I mean I shoved him back and he tried to swing on me so I grabbed him and drove like a mack truck to his chest, well that turned into about 10 other people falling down and me driving him to the ground. His head happened to hit a rock and cut the back of his head so bad it took 7 staples to close it. Well when that happened one of the POS friends cracked a champagne bottle over one of the guys protecting my back knocking him out and the other one got punched in the face a few times. We are all fine. Its not something I'm proud of but I am sick of this urban bull ****.

How did your weekend go? :haha:
Jeebus.

My weekend was nothing like yours.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #27314
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Jeebus.

My weekend was nothing like yours.

Mine neither... kinda saw a couple bugatti's while drinking wine.





I also so probably one of the few acceptable prius cars on the road since it was stickered up appropriately....



The view from our tea martini's.



My drunk friend wearing a bib...



Road a ferris wheel...



This one to be exact...



Saw a bunch of guitars.



Realized being attacked by giant spiders would really suck!



Not quite sure I grasp the concept of the gum wall but whatever, pretty gross if you ask me.



Had drinks up there...



Flew in one of these...



Had Marn as the driver on our duck tour. You did a great job man! Props!





Found my next weekend home.

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #27315
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
All those pictures and not one garage or weld. Good to see that you got out of the garage Khris.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.