Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1820 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #27286
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Well it's official, I'm a Dad!! My little guy was born yesterday at 1:12pm 8lbs even. Memorial Day Birthday!!!
Awesome! He's got a great birthday! He's already got the forum attitude! Sticking his tongue out at all of us!
If you think it's awesome now, just wait. It gets so much better! All the crying, crappy diapers, and worries pale in comparison to the joy and happiness they bring. I'm happy for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Unread 05-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #27287
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the baby!!

I will normally just crack the windows when I park outside.
Unread 05-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #27288
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Congrats Garza!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #27289
sirhk100

Actually, looking for opinion... I was just about to checkout and buy the plasti dip to do the truck and well I got to thinking. I'm going to paint the entire back chassis and front bumper a fresh coat of gloss black. Inside the cab is going to get stripped down somewhat and I'm doing a fresh coat of flat black in there. Door jams and underhood and everything is already black too. So I originally was going with this color.

For one basic reason, coverage would be EASY and minimal considering the color the truck currently is. I'd just have to make sure to get enough layers to make it peel right.

But... Then I saw this color while doing the check out and started thinking, at most it may cost another $70. I could do the back wall of the cab a fresh coat of flat black and then do the whole exterior of the truck this color. I think with the black chassis, door jams, and inside cab if I go this color it's going to pop a lot more to a potential seller. And worse case, if I don't sell the truck, I now own a red truck. LOL

Anyone disagree? I think from a sales point, if I'm making it look clean and fresh that red is going to draw a potential buyer way sooner then the grey!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #27290
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Congratulations Ricky! He looks beautiful and healthy.
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #27291
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats Ricky!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #27292
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Anyone disagree? I think from a sales point, if I'm making it look clean and fresh that red is going to draw a potential buyer way sooner then the grey!
The red is the way to go IMHO. Red is a known eye catcher.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #27293
sirhk100

That's kinda what I'm thinking too... If I was painting it to keep I'd go grey, but to sell, the red I think is better.

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #27294
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The red would look good. I am honestly surprised with how good it holds up too. I was hitting crazy amounts of rock/salt chips up in Colorado and my grill still looks great.
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #27295
sirhk100

Yeah, I've been reading a TON on it. I'm doing the red, I think the curb appeal of the red even if it's not my preference is higher so that makes the most sense. Once I'm done with the prep and full cosmetic make over I'll probably start swapping the wheels over and I'm going to save a little bit of the red to do the rings on the bead locks. Paint the wheels a fresh coat of black and then the red rings and BAM!!!! Sell it yo!!!! Cause I need this other truck... Mostly cause I'm going to have a nasty exhaust system put on it so I can finally have the good V8 sound. LOL That's the biggest feature for buying this other ride and selling my yota! LOL

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #27296
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i like the red.

let me know how the process goes, i'm interested to know how it turns out.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #27297
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ball joints for a 89 YJ. Adjustable worth the expense or not let me know before I waste some money. Thanks.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #27298
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Congratulations Garza! Let me know when you have some toys for sale. Haha. Hope everything goes well and stays well.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #27299
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
i like the red.

let me know how the process goes, i'm interested to know how it turns out.
Will do, I'll be buying it by the gallon and using a sprayer to do it. My biggest concern is temps right now. I'll likely order the paint tomorrow I'm thinking and hope to paint it next weekend. If that's the case I'll do all my prep on the friday night and then shot it before sunrise into the crack of dawn in the driveway most likely that sat or sunday morning. I don't think it covers really well if it's blazing hot so I think that's going to be my best bet. Paint it and then just go back to bed. LOL

The one thing I'm hoping not to be able to report back on is how it peels off cause I'm hoping that's someone elses problem! LOL

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #27300
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

just make sure that the surface is clean. And get a pack of fresh razors to cut the tape when you remove it on any straight lines. I did find out if it does peel up when it is, just use a little alcohol to soften it up and it will stick again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.