Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1819 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #27271
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

nice. looks like a good trip.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #27272
sirhk100

So, I've said it a bunch of times how street cars and going fast just has no appeal to me. 2:50 up is the type of stuff I was exposed to growing up and is basically why going fast on the street just seems boring to me, it's missing the other elements of going fast which are the bumps. Just posting this cause I saw it and it's a great example. This is the type of "go fast" and drag racing I grew up watching and attending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso

Also, I mentioned Pismo is cool but has nothing on Glamis... Dunes the size of what's in that video don't exist in Pismo. You can drive the entire dune area of pismo in your jeep in an hour at the max, it's a small area with small dunes. Awesome to go camp and chill on the beach but if you're going to really dune, Glamis is the place to go.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #27273
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

looks bouncy

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #27274
sirhk100

And that's what's fun about it...

Unread 05-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #27275
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, marn...

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3828720316.html
Unread 05-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #27276
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

seen that one for sale i believe. Consensus is that it looks to be a later wag retitled as a 68 to be smog exempt. Besides, who wants one with a chevy under the hood! Hogwash!

Hey powr, what should it cost me to fill (exchange) that lil' CO2 tank for my kegerator?

Quote:

Unread 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #27277
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
seen that one for sale i believe. Consensus is that it looks to be a later wag retitled as a 68 to be smog exempt. Besides, who wants one with a chevy under the hood! Hogwash!

Hey powr, what should it cost me to fill (exchange) that lil' CO2 tank for my kegerator?
Text me. How big is the current tank?
Unread 05-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #27278
sirhk100

Andy, this is that buddy deal one I think I could get for $6500...

Quote:
93 Ranger 4x4. 4.0 Auto. 4:56's front and back. Spooled rear w/truss. DOM bedcage w/F23 Deavers/shackles with 2.5-16" SAW. Front is 2"over TTB's with uniballs. Built by Donahoe. 2.5-12" Kings. Custom coil buckets.

Fiberglass all the way around. Stock interior, 4 New 35" BFG All Terrains and 6 matching American Racing wheels. Runs excellent. Custom front and rear bumpers. Go anywhere and do anything in this truck! Perfect DD-Prerunner. $7500 OBO.

155K MILES ON TRUCK. REBUILT TRANS WITH SHIFTKIT AND PAPERWORK. ENGINE IS NOT ORIGINAL EITHER AND RUNS EXCELLENT. SOLID TRUCK. AC WORKS BUT IT DOESNT STAY COLD.

Oh also explorer 31 spline 8.8 rear with disc brakes! Comes with spare engine/ Autofab motor mounts/ spare computer/ headers/ mass air flow/ and alternator. Truck is solid. Trades considered. No junk!

Very similar setup to my old exploder and it worked great up front!!!

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #27279
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I had the money for it!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #27280
sirhk100

Okay, so random question... Those of you with tinted windows and windshield film. Do you?

• leave all your windows rolled up all day
  • leave all your windows rolled up all day and use a windshield screen deal to block the sun
  • leave your windows cracked all day
  • leave your windows cracked all day and use a windshield screen deal to block the sun

Just curious...

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #27281
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Okay, so random question... Those of you with tinted windows and windshield film. Do you?

• leave all your windows rolled up all day
  • leave all your windows rolled up all day and use a windshield screen deal to block the sun
  • leave your windows cracked all day
  • leave your windows cracked all day and use a windshield screen deal to block the sun

Just curious...
I don't have the windsheild film yet but I crack my windows. If I had the film, I would test leaving the windows up and leaving them cracked to see which I liked better.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #27282
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Wish I had the money for it!
At the rate your going with the jeep selling motivation you never will... I've got my yota on the RDC classifieds, DR, 2 different offroad classifieds page on FB, a prerunner club FB page, it's mentioned everywhere I'm active online, it's listed on some toyota offroad forums as well. I want this other truck so I'm actually making an effort to do something about it. Today I'll be tearing the front end off the toyota and stripping it down to replace the bushings. Hoping I can have it fully stripped down tonight and I can take inventory on what I need bushings wise. If I can get that knocked out this week during the evenings I'll be able to start tearing it down for paint over the weekend. Get the chassis and cage painted ASAP along with all stickers stripped and paint some of the interior as well.

I'm going to plasti dip the whole truck once all that's done. I'm going with this color cause it should cover the best meaning it'll take less material to do it. I figure at that point it should look pretty damn nice for any potential buyer to help with the sale. If it doesn't sell, oh well, it'll at least look good for the first and only time in it's life. LOL I figure the $500 or so worth of materials will be worth it in the long run for the sales price.

SOMEONE BUY ME!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cqm1310cLY

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #27283
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

In the magnum i use a windshield screen, and crack my windows.

Cracking windows can lower the temps inside by a good 20* simply by allowing ventilation. If they are just cracked they wont allow much if any light in, but will allow the hot air to escape.

I never had film on the windshield, but in my experience one of the big issues of a car being hot is because the sun heats the plastic dash and whatnot, and the dash radiates heat for a long time even after the AC is pumping, so you arent just trying to cool the AIR inside the vehicle, you have to cool the heated materials too.

Sun shade keeps a TON of heat off of the dash and seats and whatnot.

Quote:

Unread 05-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #27284
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well it's official, I'm a Dad!! My little guy was born yesterday at 1:12pm 8lbs even. Memorial Day Birthday!!!
image-3374460792.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #27285
sirhk100

Congrats Ricky!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.