Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1812 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #27166
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, and to every one who said i was using too much PB Blaster: I didn't use enough. I hate rust as much as i hate mud.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #27167
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Sorry Andy....
It happens.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #27168
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Marn,

Is it possible to have plants get too big for themselves? Last weekend, I trimmed the hell out of the two plants in my front yard that I thought were dead. Over the past week, both have grown leaves and are actually starting to flower. They are actually pretty good looking although I do need to go out and cut out the dead stuff.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #27169
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Hey Marn,

Is it possible to have plants get too big for themselves? Last weekend, I trimmed the hell out of the two plants in my front yard that I thought were dead. Over the past week, both have grown leaves and are actually starting to flower. They are actually pretty good looking although I do need to go out and cut out the dead stuff.
I think it would like bushes when there to big they start to sag. It stresses the branches with all that extra weight also means that they require more water.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #27170
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Hey Marn,

Bassically what happens (depending on the shrubs/trees) is that when you do heavy pruning like that you are prompting it to grow.

I dont know what the plants are, but if it's like Lantana then it dies every winter and NEEDS to be cut back for the new growth to come out.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #27171
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Bassically what happens (depending on the shrubs/trees) is that when you do heavy pruning like that you are prompting it to grow.

I dont know what the plants are, but if it's like Lantana then it dies every winter and NEEDS to be cut back for the new growth to come out.
Hey marn how do you know so much about plants. It sorta makes me wounder.
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #27172
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

That leads me to believe that is exactly how these plants are. The one that I cut back the most is showing the most growth. It has also started to Blume some purple flowers.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #27173
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

is it upright type shrub or like a low growing ground cover?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #27174
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
is it upright type shrub or like a low growing ground cover?
Low growing ground cover.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #27175
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Hey marn how do you know so much about plants. It sorta makes me wounder.
sigh.

5 years of school, multiple certifications, 6 years design/supervisor experience, 4 years field labor experience.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #27176
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Low growing ground cover.
that would be Lantana montevedensis.

Aka purple trailing lantana. there are a bunch of colors, red, yellow, white, orange, orange/red/purple all in 1 flower, plants that are half purple half yellow, hapf purple half white, etc.

It goes dormant every year, just chop it back to the ground in the winter or early spring, and that ****'ll come back twice as large. great desert plant. tons of color.

P.S. do you still want me to look at your irrigation?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #27177
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

sigh.

5 years of school, multiple certifications, 6 years design/supervisor experience, 4 years field labor experience.
Very nice. I have a wierd plant looks like a alien plant. it's a flower of death it's low to the ground thick red peddles and the middle there's a circle cut out and you can see inside it there's spikes in there :/ the flowers about as wide as a basketball. Anyways nice certificates man!
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #27178
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

that would be Lantana montevedensis.

Aka purple trailing lantana. there are a bunch of colors, red, yellow, white, orange, orange/red/purple all in 1 flower, plants that are half purple half yellow, hapf purple half white, etc.

It goes dormant every year, just chop it back to the ground in the winter or early spring, and that ****'ll come back twice as large. great desert plant. tons of color.

P.S. do you still want me to look at your irrigation?
Nah, think I finally got it figured out. Thanks for the offer though.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #27179
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Nah, think I finally got it figured out. Thanks for the offer though.
well you know how to get a hold of me if need be!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #27180
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here you go Puck.....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehic...2s-custom.html
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.