Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1810 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #27136
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Just a suggestion you may want to reinforce the subframe where that TB is going to mount. I've seen it crack, twist, and many other nasty things on zj's.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #27137
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I know ill need to drill the hole out like puck forgot to do lol

What do you mean reinforce? Like where?

Your making me think that I got a bad trackbar lol
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #27138
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Yeah I know ill need to drill the hole out like puck forgot to do lol

What do you mean reinforce? Like where?

Your making me think that I got a bad trackbar lol
The track bar won't be the problem the frame will. I'm no engineer but it may be worth the piece of mind to sleeve the mounting holes or sandwich the frame with some steel. Ill try and find some pics for ya.
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #27139
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Like anything else that you upgrade... something else becomes the weak link. With a stronger trackbar, the mount now becomes the weak link.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #27140
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Hmmmm.... Sounds like you have experience with RE track bars...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #27141
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Hey grand, did you get a new bracket with the track bar? I looked up what you bought and it looks like it only comes with the adjustable bar itself with bushings, no braket.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #27142
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah no bracket they said it just uses the stock bracket. You just have a axle mount and then the heim at the frame end.

The instructions say it doesnt use a different bracket.
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #27143
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just sent an email to Brian Sandoval regarding SB221. Please take the five minutes out of your day and do the same. We need to defeat the bill by requesting that he refuse to sign it when it reaches his desk. Its a small action that could possibly help preserve some of our rights. The liberal gun haters take the time to fight to take them away, shouldnt we put forth some effort to counter their efforts? Its easy enough to find the sight, google, and click. Takes less than ten seconds to find the contact page. DO IT!!!
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #27144
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Yeah no bracket they said it just uses the stock bracket. You just have a axle mount and then the heim at the frame end.

The instructions say it doesnt use a different bracket.
You want to upgrade to a double sheer bracket. That stock bracket won't last long especially since it seems you do some crawling.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #27145
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post

You want to upgrade to a double sheer bracket. That stock bracket won't last long especially since it seems you do some crawling.
Yeah my wife went and got it for me yesterday and when I got off work and actually looked at it more its for a 3.5" lift and its just single shear. And thinking about how that bolt can wallow out that hole creating DW again.

The guys at 4wp say its for 2.5"-4.5" lift but its for 3.5"-4.5"... so back it goes.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #27146
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wait... Single sheer at what end? The axle side should be double sheer already, the frame side isn't seeing any more force than stock. It is actually seeing less. Paint me confused.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #27147
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

OMG 4wp and rubicon express cant get right their info on which lift this is good for. 4wp says 2.5" RE says 3" RE website says 3.5".

Its single shear on the frame mount andy. Its mounted just like the stock track bar is but only this is more beefy.

I dont think this bar would be a problem for me. As im never crawling on rocks a whole lot but who knows.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #27148
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Wait... Single sheer at what end? The axle side should be double sheer already, the frame side isn't seeing any more force than stock. It is actually seeing less. Paint me confused.
The axel side is double. The "frame" side is single from the factory. My guess is the DW is coming more bracket being fatigued then the actual bar.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #27149
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ive never heard of peopke having problems with this bar except for the heim joint going out. And wallowing out of the trackbar hole where you bolt the bar through. But the people who have had problems with the wallowing out probably didnt mount it correct or didnt drill straight.
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #27150
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys, I'm camping out at Boxcar Cove Sunday and Monday night if anyone wants to join. Or just come hang out during the day.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.