Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1805 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #27061
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Chad you'll have to let me know how that XDs shoots. I've been thinking about replacing my .45 with a FS 9mm and getting the XDs as a carry. If I didn't have ape hands I would already have bought one.
Lemme know when you want to shoot it, I've already shot one and really liked it so I bought one. I like that the recoil is totally manageable on such a small frame / large caliber combo.

BTW everyone, sorry I put all this in the wrong thread, I was too excited to remember what thread I was in at the moment. Maybe our gun hatin moderator will boot me outta here for such a flagrant disregard for the superior organization of the Southern NV chat areas.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #27062
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I just tell him I know you and we're going to work on it together....with cash falling out of my pockets hahaha.
the disgusting part is he was trying to get me to buy it outright without waiting on my truck to sell yesterday and while I physically could do it, I'm just not willing to. LOL This entire deal hinges on the truck selling. I really won't care one way or another how it turns out but if it does sell, things are gonna get kinda nutty eventually down the road once I have it up and going. From the time it gets a home in my driveway it may be a year till it sees life but whenever that time comes, oh crap, hold on! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #27063
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
the disgusting part is he was trying to get me to buy it outright without waiting on my truck to sell yesterday and while I physically could do it, I'm just not willing to. LOL This entire deal hinges on the truck selling. I really won't care one way or another how it turns out but if it does sell, things are gonna get kinda nutty eventually down the road once I have it up and going. From the time it gets a home in my driveway it may be a year till it sees life but whenever that time comes, oh crap, hold on! LOL
You know you want to go into debt and buy this thing! Just sign, sign away!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #27064
sirhk100

Uhhhh, what part of cash buyer means debt? If the truck sells in time it was meant to be, if it doesn't it wasn't... Simple as that. I see nothing about the word debt in that thought pattern. On the other hand, I did get a lead on your dream truck for $6500 in Phx.

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #27065
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Khris......I didn't really look at it too long, but what do you gather from this:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3783404739.html
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #27066
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Uhhhh, what part of cash buyer means debt? If the truck sells in time it was meant to be, if it doesn't it wasn't... Simple as that. I see nothing about the word debt in that thought pattern. On the other hand, I did get a lead on your dream truck for $6500 in Phx.
You were telling me to go into debt to buy a truck... I just figured I would do the same.

And where is this lead? If it is still up for sale in a few months, I might be interested provided I can find someone to buy it for me with a POA.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #27067
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
You were telling me to go into debt to buy a truck... I just figured I would do the same.

And where is this lead? If it is still up for sale in a few months, I might be interested provided I can find someone to buy it for me with a POA.
Yeah, but you did go in debt for a car purchase so the possibility is there with you! I on the other hand won't... Cars are a cash purchase in my eyes, not something you lend for.

I'll see if I can get any info on the truck. It was just word of mouth over the phone last night. '93 TTB basically.

Quote:
Khris......I didn't really look at it too long, but what do you gather from this:

It's got some good looking stuff but do some research on the S10's. They've got a really really really strong reputation for being junk to build cause of the frames and suspensions but then again, that frame is plated and the suspension looks like it's been 100% cut off and done from scratch. So it could be nice... I've only seen two S10's ever in person that I'd consider nice. The rest were all pretty sketchy. There's a reason you pretty much only see rangers and yota's built as far as mini trucks go, they're the cheapest and easiest which simply translates as from the factory they lend themself to an easy platform to build off. Anything is possible though and if the fab work is good I'd see nothing wrong with it. Personally though, spend another $5K though and step up to links if you're doing it. I know of one for sale... Have you ridden in mine or just the race truck?

BTW, I'm still looking at that 3rd picture down trying to figure out what's going on in it!

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #27068
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, but you did go in debt for a car purchase so the possibility is there with you! I on the other hand won't... Cars are a cash purchase in my eyes, not something you lend for.

I'll see if I can get any info on the truck. It was just word of mouth over the phone last night. '93 TTB basically.

BTW, I'm still looking at that 3rd picture down trying to figure out what's going on in it!
Ah, but I bought the car with the intention of selling the Jeep to pay off the car. That gives me something relatively new, nice, and reliable for very little cash outlay in the long run. Seeing the light at the end of the debt tunnel is extremely nice. The truck I buy will be 100% cash and the deployment will help with that.

The third picture is a little confusing. It is looking down on the drivers side suspension. The resi for the coilover looks odd. You can get a better idea of what is going on there in the 6th picture.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #27069
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

How many junk yards / pick and pulls do we have around town?

Can somebody give me locations?

I only know about the pick a part in Henderson and the one up on lamb in NLV

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #27070
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
How many junk yards / pick and pulls do we have around town?

Can somebody give me locations?

I only know about the pick a part in Henderson and the one up on lamb in NLV
There's quite a few more in that area up near the one on Lamb but not sure how many...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Ah, but I bought the car with the intention of selling the Jeep to pay off the car. That gives me something relatively new, nice, and reliable for very little cash outlay in the long run. Seeing the light at the end of the debt tunnel is extremely nice. The truck I buy will be 100% cash and the deployment will help with that.

The third picture is a little confusing. It is looking down on the drivers side suspension. The resi for the coilover looks odd. You can get a better idea of what is going on there in the 6th picture.
Well it's no different, I could go pay cash for this truck right now on the spot and then sell my truck to recover the cost but I'm not willing to do that. It's similar to what you're doing only I'd be my own bank basically with the loan coming out of my savings account. Like the thought of getting a loan thru a bank to pay off, I also just don't want to pull savings money for this purchase and then be floating till I sell my truck. It's 100% dependent on selling the truck. I could let my hooptie go for less but I've had physical threats from friends if I let it go for much less then $15K. Pretty sure I got a death threat when I uttered the words $12K.

And the resi looks normal to me, it's all the other arms going everywhere. Looks like a J-arm type of setup and I think there's a core support mount from that top view that makes it look kinda crazy. The resi just looks weird cause it's a 8" SAW shock which has like the smallest resi's known to man and it's held in place with some big billet clamps that make it look a little strange.

Unread 05-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #27071
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's got some good looking stuff but do some research on the S10's. They've got a really really really strong reputation for being junk to build cause of the frames and suspensions but then again, that frame is plated and the suspension looks like it's been 100% cut off and done from scratch. So it could be nice... I've only seen two S10's ever in person that I'd consider nice. The rest were all pretty sketchy. There's a reason you pretty much only see rangers and yota's built as far as mini trucks go, they're the cheapest and easiest which simply translates as from the factory they lend themself to an easy platform to build off. Anything is possible though and if the fab work is good I'd see nothing wrong with it. Personally though, spend another $5K though and step up to links if you're doing it. I know of one for sale... Have you ridden in mine or just the race truck?

I've never ridden in your truck. But I'm not really interested in any desert truck right now anyway. I'm looking for a tow rig, and still on the fence about putting that LS2 in my Jeep or something more Ultra4-ish. I still have to finish our buggy, which will be more a tri-purpose type rig lol.
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #27072
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

This is great

Unread 05-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #27073
sirhk100

Quote:

Quote:
I've never ridden in your truck. But I'm not really interested in any desert truck right now anyway.
Why the asking about the S10?

And comparison from race truck to mine. Race truck is FAST and violent! Kicks the crap out of you but you can beat the crap out of it. My truck is a noisy squeeky Cadillac in comparison but can't be ran as hard as the race truck. The couple improvements I had planned would make it faster then the race truck while also being much smoother and less violent.

Unread 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #27074
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Why the asking about the S10?

And comparison from race truck to mine. Race truck is FAST and violent! Kicks the crap out of you but you can beat the crap out of it. My truck is a noisy squeeky Cadillac in comparison but can't be ran as hard as the race truck. The couple improvements I had planned would make it faster then the race truck while also being much smoother and less violent.
A guy who rode in the race-truck with you most the day last time. If I get anything for desert it will most likely be a SxS. My vehicle expectations and check book don't match when it comes to what I would want for a desert truck.
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #27075
sirhk100

You know how many 7 open, class 8 truck owners and other VERY fast truck owners I've heard say their trucks suck compared to the amount of fun they have in their Razors...

Sell him my truck! Mine will run circles around that S10 right now as it is. Front end will be fully prepped and down the road if he wanted me to even build the better front spindles and upper arms that I'd planned I'd do it for materials plus an insanely cheap amount of labor! The truck flat out gets it... Quite a few on here can vouch for it. It really is a lot of fun to be honest, just need a little TLC to get it to the next level which was always my plans. Since I know nobody on here is going to buy it, I'll be straight up, I'm looking to get $15K which is why I listed it for $17.5 everywhere... It's also why I said if you find me a buyer for $15.5k I'll toss $500 in the person's hand that brought me the buyer.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.