Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1800 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #26986
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I wonder if welding splatter is still hot enough to melt glass slightly when it hits? If it melted the glass and then the glass resolidified, maybe that could do it? I have no idea.

Note to self: When building my truck, cover windows before welding.
weld splatter sticks to glass. You can run your hands down the outside surface and feel it for sure from doing the rear fender mounts. I know it's there. But inside is the kicker... How's it affect the inside?

You should feel the rear window in my toyota! LOL

I weld short sleeved, sandals and shorts all the time. You all see it... If it's hot enough to melt thru glass and affect the inside surface am I superman and I just don't know it?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #26987
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
From outside of the vehicle to inside of the vehicle? Show me that magic trick! I can fully understand on the outside of the windows. Completely 100% understand it. But anything on the inside? How? My interior is 100% stock, nothing has been done inside...
Wanted: piece of glass or entire vehicle with good glass for welding splatter test. Glass may or may not be in good shape when you get it back.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #26988
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
weld splatter sticks to glass. You can run your hands down the outside surface and feel it for sure. I know it's there. But inside is the kicker... How's it affect the inside?

I weld short sleeved, sandals and shorts all the time. You all see it... If it's hot enough to melt thru glass and affect the inside surface am I superman and I just don't know it?
We know that you are Superman! Anybody that gets hit with a grinder and doesn't even flinch needs to attempt to leap a tall building in a single bound!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #26989
sirhk100

That scar is still there...

Unread 05-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #26990
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think that they put the tint on the outside of the vehicle to peel the clear film off before they put it on the inside.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #26991
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A grinder will pit glass heavily with the sparks. If that door was open during grinding, that may be the issue. I destroyed a windshield on a dart by using a knot cup brush on the hood. It was just flinging paint, so I can imagine what tiny metal flakes would do...
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #26992
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That scar is still there...
"Scars heal, Glory fades, and all we're left with are the memories made. Pain hurts but only for a minute. Life is short so go on and live it cause the chicks dig it."

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #26993
sirhk100

I can push the bubbles around, can't feel any spec of anything or see anything. Honestly... I'll probably go back, if they can't do anything about it. I may just eat the cash and pull the tint back off.

I won't deny one bit the exterior of the glass is pitted. The interior though, I sure don't feel anything...

How's this for my argument... I can push the bubble an inch away and where it was is perfect now. I can probably sit there if I want and spend who knows how long trying to push the bubbles out.

I'll say it again... I can't see or feel any imperfection on the inside of the glass where the bubbles are and now I can actually move them around if I want since it's warmed up and got a bit softer.

Unread 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #26994
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can push the bubbles around, can't feel any spec of anything or see anything. Honestly... I'll probably go back, if they can't do anything about it. I may just eat the cash and pull the tint back off.

I won't deny one bit the exterior of the glass is pitted. The interior though, I sure don't feel anything...
If you can push the bubbles around, I would take it back. Even if they put the tint on the outside to peel the clear film, it shouldn't make a difference.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #26995
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Im assuming you got the explorer tinted? If the guy messed up then you should just take it back and complain a bit.
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #26996
sirhk100

Yes, the expo... Won't have time to take it back till next week. Actually, that's a lie, depending how thursday morning goes possible I can swing by there late thursday morning now that I think about it.

Gotta run across town, get a truck and trailer, back to my house, somehow load up the expo, take it to dispose of, then get back and drop off truck and trailer. I don't have to be to the airport till mid afternoon so if everything goes smooth with the expo disposal then hopefully I'll have time.

Unread 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #26997
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

anybody see a problem here? My new (1977 part number) master cylinder on the left. My supposedly "OEM" proportioning valve on the right.

Regardless of fitting size, everything on my truck is plumbed with 3/16 brake lines.

This POS prop valve is flared for 1/4" lines.

And get this, its note ven like i just ordered the wrong part. The lines that go from the PC to the PV come as part of the kit. The lines they supplied are 3/16 lines.....so they mate and seal to the MC but there is no way a 3/16 line will seal correctly on that flare inside the prop valve. I'm fired up.

I am returning the BS kit, and ordering a wilwood adjustable prop valve for the same price as this no-name crap. I'll have to make more custom lines, but whatever. its made for 3/16 lines and it's adjustable. I can get my rear brakes where ever i need them.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #26998
sirhk100

who's setup is that?

Unread 05-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #26999
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where can I find a proportioning valve that can completely shut off the rear brakes? Nevermind WHY I want it.
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #27000
sirhk100

Why do you want that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.