Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1799 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #26971
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post
A BIT rusty? They are rust lol. This truck has been a fight. One of the hardest lifts I've done, every bolt either breaks or had to be cut.
Well... And there was that one...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #26972
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Well... And there was that one...
Lol I don't even want to talk about "that one".
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #26973
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasZJ View Post

A BIT rusty? They are rust lol. This truck has been a fight. One of the hardest lifts I've done, every bolt either breaks or had to be cut.
Fair enough
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #26974
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
call me crazy but with how much they are charging you could buy the wrenches ($32 @ sears) and you will have more tools. Also speaking from experience whatever they break during the process they will probably end up charging you to fix it.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-5-pc-...2&blockType=G2
I dont really want to deal with any broken line myself. If it breaks there they have the tools, parts, and expireance to replace them.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #26975
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I dont really want to deal with any broken line myself. If it breaks there they have the tools, parts, and expireance to replace them.
So will you...

After the first one.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #26976
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Andy can also confirm this, but after years of doing forms I just have a quick signature that consist of my first initial with a line and my last initial with a line.
Forms signature is different than any other signature out there! In forms for me, you might be able to read my initials.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #26977
sirhk100

Tint turned out alright... Not super super happy with it but I'm assuming it's from 22 years of abuse on the windows and not the tint job itself. We'll see how long it lasts.

Andy, I asked them how much to go darker on yours, he said being a repeat customer (may need to have greg go pretend it's his still) he said he'd do it for $125.

Unread 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #26978
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Tint turned out alright... Not super super happy with it but I'm assuming it's from 22 years of abuse on the windows and not the tint job itself. We'll see how long it lasts.

Andy, I asked them how much to go darker on yours, he said being a repeat customer (may need to have greg go pretend it's his still) he said he'd do it for $125.
That is a hell of a lot better than I was quoted when I called!

HEY GREG!!!

Side Note: "What's my Mother ****ing Name?"

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #26979
sirhk100

I'm gonna give it a few weeks buy I may take mine back honestly... We'll see... I'm not happy with bubbles on my front windows that as far as I can see have no specs or imperfections in the windows causing them. They just look like bubbles and there's lots of them. Just now on break was my first chance to really go look closely at the tint and yeah, I'm not that happy with the results. I was the last job of the day and it kinda shows...

And that wasn't price to strip and redo, it was just to put another layer on to get it to the darkness you want.

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #26980
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm gonna give it a few weeks buy I may take mine back honestly... We'll see... I'm not happy with bubbles on my front windows that as far as I can see have no specs or imperfections in the windows causing them. They just look like bubbles and there's lots of them. Just now on break was my first chance to really go look closely at the tint and yeah, I'm not that happy with the results. I was the last job of the day and it kinda shows...

And that wasn't price to strip and redo, it was just to put another layer on to get it to the darkness you want.
Sucks that you aren't happy with it. I haven't had to have any of the vehicles that I have had tinted re-accomplished. I wonder if they didn't dry it correctly or if there was something else going on with it. Either way, they should take care of you. What % did you go with?

That price makes more sense. Looks like I'll be stripping it then.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #26981
sirhk100

They were going to lay right over what you already have. I'd go talk to them first before you do anything.

I ended up at 15% all the way around with a 50% on the rear. I'll give it a week or whatever and probably go back next week. If there's imperfections in my windows so be it, it is what it is but I sure don't see any looking at it up close.

He did come in and ask if I'd done welding on the truck cause there was splatter marks on the windows and I said yes I obviously have. But then I got to thinking after he left and I was away at dinner that what would that matter? All the welding is on the exterior, zero has been done inside so there should be zero marks inside. What would that have to do with the tint?

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #26982
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

You would be surprised how far welding splatter goes. Most of that should come off with a razor blade though. Courtney did the rear windows on my TJ, I even took the rear seats out to help her out. Even with all the dust in the back, the tint was perfect.

The air bubbles surprises me, esp since they dry the windows with heat.
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #26983
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

I get that way sometimes. Especially when something simple is kickin my ***. Brakes lines are easy though. When given the chance when you have a mechanic do something simple they will try to charge the **** out of you.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #26984
sirhk100

Quote:
You would be surprised how far welding splatter goes.
From outside of the vehicle to inside of the vehicle? Show me that magic trick! I can fully understand on the outside of the windows. Completely 100% understand it. But anything on the inside? How? My interior is 100% stock, nothing has been done inside...

Quote:
The air bubbles surprises me, esp since they dry the windows with heat.
Feel free to swing by and check out my front pass side window. I actually haven't even had a chance to look at the other windows yet honestly. It was my fault for leaving without looking I suppose but I'm sure they wanted to go home and I had about a million more errands to do on my way home so I assumed the job was good and hit the road. Looking across the cab though, the pass side window is all distorted when looking thru it. Same with a couple spots on my windshield which I know is good since it's brand new.

I'm already having a little bit of regret at this point as I haven't even looked at the other windows yet. Like I said, there's a reason my vehicles NEVER go anywhere to get anything done. I try not to let anything leave my garage that I wouldn't be happy with and if it's remotely on the fence I make sure to ask whoever owns if if they're cool or if they want me to redo it. And I'm not doing stuff for cash. Personally if I'd done this tint, I'd have brought the customer in to see the front passenger side before I said "all done" that's for sure. If they said cool, then so be it...

Unread 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #26985
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
He did come in and ask if I'd done welding on the truck cause there was splatter marks on the windows and I said yes I obviously have. But then I got to thinking after he left and I was away at dinner that what would that matter? All the welding is on the exterior, zero has been done inside so there should be zero marks inside. What would that have to do with the tint?
I wonder if welding splatter is still hot enough to melt glass slightly when it hits? If it melted the glass and then the glass resolidified, maybe that could do it? I have no idea.

Note to self: When building my truck, cover windows before welding.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.