Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1798 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #26956
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have to pose this question for the group's consideration. I thought it was an isolated incident, but it's not.
Question: when asked for your signature, what do you do?

A) Print first name and last name
B) Write first name and last name in cursive
C) Verify, "first or last?"
D) Print first name only
E) Look confused and say "ok."

I've gotten every one of these as responses to requests for signatures on work orders! I'm truly concerned for the future of our country!

Unread 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #26957
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I have to pose this question for the group's consideration. I thought it was an isolated incident, but it's not.

D) Print first name only

I've gotten every one of these as responses to requests for signatures on work orders! I'm truly concerned for the future of our country!
"B" if a credit card signature. Otherwise, I use first letter initial and last name written in cursive.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #26958
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

"B" if a credit card signature. Otherwise, I use first letter initial and last name written in cursive.
EXACTLY! We are surrounded by idiots! Especially when they can look at the left side of the paper and see what I did! Wouldn't surprise me if someone just tried to copy mine, but in the customer signature box! Lol
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #26959
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

D) Print first name only

F. Scribble some random squiggly lines after writing my first initial and last initial. Makes me laugh that no one cares that most of my signatures never really match nor do many actually spell my name.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #26960
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

F. Scribble some random squiggly lines after writing my first initial and last initial. Makes me laugh that no one cares that most of my signatures never really match nor do many actually spell my name.
C. Bgirngjeithgjw?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #26961
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Andy can also confirm this, but after years of doing forms I just have a quick signature that consist of my first initial with a line and my last initial with a line.

With that said, I was buying a car, quad, or something... I cannot remember. It was not a house, I know that for sure because I told him that I had bought several houses with that signature. But the finance guy tried to say that my signature was not good, that I had to write out my name in my signature with my middle initial. I politely started to laugh at him. When he asked what I was laughing at I told him that it would not be my signature. I then showed him my military ID, drivers license, and a few other sources that had the same signature. Then I nicely said if you want me to sign like that then I will gladly leave.
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #26962
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I actually have the exact same signature as you greg and ive never had a problem with buying things except for one time when I was buying a couple dvd's at best buy or something and the guy said about the same thing as you.

I sign too much stuff everyday at work and in general to have a lengthy signature. Sometimes I just scribble some ish down if im lazy
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #26963
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Day 2 done. Day 3 coming up.

I hate my Jeep...
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #26964
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Day 2 done. Day 3 coming up.

I hate my Jeep...
What all is left?
Unread 05-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #26965
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

C. Bgirngjeithgjw?
Dude! Have you been forging my name again!?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #26966
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

What all is left?
Driver side leaf. But i have to fix the threads in one of the nut holes. One of the PO, who ever put the 2" lift on, cross threaded the front driver leaf eye hole. So now i have to find one of the tools used for recuting threads. Then i have to tighten the front, adjust the track bar, TC drop. Install new u-joint on the rear DS. Oh and as soon as some shocks come in, install them, along with taking it to 4wp to install my 3 SS lines and align the front.... FML.
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #26967
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you plan on keeping it for a while I would go with getting it aligned at firestone. They have a lifetime alignment plan for under $200. Why don't you install the brake lines yourself, bleeding brakes is pretty easy.
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #26968
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
If you plan on keeping it for a while I would go with getting it aligned at firestone. They have a lifetime alignment plan for under $200. Why don't you install the brake lines yourself, bleeding brakes is pretty easy.
My lines are a bit rusty, and i dont have the correct line wrenches
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #26969
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

call me crazy but with how much they are charging you could buy the wrenches ($32 @ sears) and you will have more tools. Also speaking from experience whatever they break during the process they will probably end up charging you to fix it.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-5-pc-...2&blockType=G2
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #26970
vegasZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

My lines are a bit rusty, and i dont have the correct line wrenches
A BIT rusty? They are rust lol. This truck has been a fight. One of the hardest lifts I've done, every bolt either breaks or had to be cut.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.