Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1793 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #26881
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
I'm thinking about buying one of the GPS apps for my phone to use in the desert. Can anyone recommend one with built in maps that includes all the little roads in the desert?
Nothing you will get on your phone will do that. Get a garmin with the off road maps. Save yourself the time and money on a useless app.

Unread 05-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #26882
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Please help me to understand the logic here. You can't really drive your Jeep until you lift it so you spend money on a GTS instead?
I can drive it, but don't want to because of the front diff issue. I keep it drivable for emergencies, and the GTS is to prevent an interference issue with the rear as well IF I need to drive it(rango is broken, in the middle of repairs, or out with the wife, and I need to go somewhere.)
It seems like a backward way of doing it, but there actually was some logic behind the decision.
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #26883
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

Now you just need new diff covers
Why, you don't like the G2 ones? I think they look awesome! They'll be receiving skid plates as well...
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #26884
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Nothing you will get on your phone will do that. Get a garmin with the off road maps. Save yourself the time and money on a useless app.
I have a Garmin, can you point me in a direction of said off road maps that includes all of the little trails in the desert? I have been looking for that map for a LOOOOONG time.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #26885
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

I have a Garmin, can you point me in a direction of said off road maps that includes all of the little trails in the desert? I have been looking for that map for a LOOOOONG time.
Search for garmin 24k topo maps. You want the Cali nev one. REI sells them, but they're expensive. I've got the one you want on disk. Can be talked into sharing.
Unread 05-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #26886
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Search for garmin 24k topo maps. You want the Cali nev one. REI sells them, but they're expensive. I've got the one you want on disk. Can be talked into sharing.
Hmm, the screenshots for the program always make it took like it doesn't have enough detail. Mind if I take a look at it on your GPS?
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #26887
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

anyone know what the first car is?
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3811240075.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #26888
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Even the 24k topo maps willnot show everything
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #26889
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
anyone know what the first car is?
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3811240075.html
It looks like a kit car on a VW pan. Exact kit I couldn't tell ya.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #26890
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

check out this site. There are a bunch of custom maps that you can load.

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php

I also have the 2k topo maps that cover everything from Colorado west if you want a copy. Not that I am giving away pirated stuff, but I could leave a loaded thumb drive out by accident.

I also have them loaded on my garvin nuvi if you want to check them out too.

From what I have heard there is a pretty sweet app that you can get to run on an ipad that works great for offroad. I don't have an ipad, nor would I want one mounted on my dash... but I have heard good things about it.
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #26891
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

I also have the 2k topo maps that cover everything from Colorado west if you want a copy. Not that I am giving away pirated stuff, but I could leave a loaded thumb drive out by accident.

From what I have heard there is a pretty sweet app that you can get to run on an ipad that works great for offroad. I don't have an ipad, nor would I want one mounted on my dash... but I have heard good things about it.
Greg, do you know the name of the iPad app by chance, I have an iPad mini I could try it out on. Thanks
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #26892
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not sure of the name, o have just heard that they have a good one. I do know that the ipad needs to be wireless network ready (verizon, at&t..) I guess they are the only ones with a stand alone gps receiver.
Unread 05-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #26893
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Khris stop reading here

If y'all didn't know about the best app in the world its called "The Chive"
Thank me later
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #26894
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Khris stop reading here

If y'all didn't know about the best app in the world its called "The Chive"
Thank me later
I hate you. Do you realize how many countless hours of productivity you have now thrown out the window for me? :lol:
Unread 05-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #26895
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

I have looked at stuff like this before but every time I sit down and start reading how to do it, it all starts to look confusing and I give up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.