Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1791 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #26851
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Dry steering test?

Unread 05-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #26852
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Check the frame side track bar end. It may be bad.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #26853
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

With the engine off, have someone rock the steering wheel side to side 1/4 to 1/2 turn while you lay underneath and watch. Something is moving when it shouldn't be and that is what you are trying to find. Pay close attention to the track bar mount at the axle.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #26854
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks ill do that tomorrow at khris'. I was thinking it might be the steering as I can rotate it with so much ease.
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #26855
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Thanks ill do that tomorrow at khris'. I was thinking it might be the steering as I can rotate it with so much ease.
Being able to rotate it means nothing. If you have side to side play in the TRE's when you do your steering test, you will have likely found your problem.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #26856
sirhk100

WTF, I'm posting this up... If anyone is bored off their butt tomorrow and wants to turn some wrenches for me and help me out with my massive to do list... I'd love to turn someone loose on the white expo in my driveway!!! I'd like to pull the driveshaft, the alternator, starter, every expensive looking random sensor under the hood, maybe the throttle body, ammo cans in the back, battery, hood, front fenders and the front grill with all the lights and everything in it. All of that stuff can be quick and easy. I don't care if plugs on harnesses get snapped or if something is kicking your butt clip a harness long and I'll deal with it. Treat it like it's a junkyard ride basically. I'd LOVE to have it stripped of all the commonly failing parts that I can keep for spares tomorrow if anyone was really bored! I'd do it but I'm going to be working on getting a bumper fabbed/mounted up on grand zj's ride tomorrow. I'm out of town next week and the ride is in my driveway. I'm worried by the next time I can really do much on it which will be the week after memorial day that I'll be stuck in the 100+ degree heat doing it in the sun so I'm thinking tomorrow may be my last reasonable weather day honestly...

If I could get that thing torn down then I could pull the headliner myself on Tuesday night and then arrange for it to be picked up and taken away on Thursday morning! And that would make me a really really really happy camper!

Heck, if you're willing to take your time and not destroy it or mess it up getting it out I'd love to pull the headliner out of it tomorrow also but I may hold off and do that myself so I only have myself to blame if it gets trashed. Everything else is mechanical or body work so really kinda hard to mess up. The headliner though I'm sure is a bit fragile and I want to keep it in good shape and clean cause I want to put it into my red one ASAP. Everything else can be quick and ugly for the most part. Well, granted, the front clip I don't want destroyed cause I'm hoping to sell it but the rest... It's not like you can really break an alternator or starter pulling them out you know.

Like I said, if you're bored or whatever... I'll cover lunch or I'll have Grand zj buy you lunch tomorrow and I'll just skip eating and work all day like I typically do anyways! LOL And I'll knock out some random future fab job for you once I get everything else knocked off my list here hopefully by the end of June at this point.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #26857
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I already told Puck that I would help him with his lift tomorrow. Depending on what time we get done with that, I can lend a hand.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #26858
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Being able to rotate it means nothing. If you have side to side play in the TRE's when you do your steering test, you will have likely found your problem.
Gotcha. I figured that was the problem. But well see what comes up. Ill tell you what though it about made me ***** my pants when I was coming back from discount firearms on highland drive.
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #26859
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I dont know what im buying me and khris for lunch yet but whomever shows up to help Ill throw ya guys some food.
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #26860
sirhk100

ehhh, if you're doing a lift tomorrow with him there's no way I'd want you to come over and do more for me afterwards! That's nuts!

Steve doesn't know it yet but I may have him turn some wrenches if there's stuff where I'm just doing my thing solo without the need of help... LOL I was looking, the alternator will come off easy, random sensors should come off easy, ammo cans will be easy. Starter would be easy if the damn thing didn't sit so low to the ground now. LOL Etc...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #26861
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wish I could give you a hand Khris, but I'm out for Sunday stuff. If it turns out you end up having to do it a Friday evening or a Saturday, I can give you a hand.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #26862
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
ehhh, if you're doing a lift tomorrow with him there's no way I'd want you to come over and do more for me afterwards! That's nuts!

Steve doesn't know it yet but I may have him turn some wrenches if there's stuff where I'm just doing my thing solo without the need of help... LOL I was looking, the alternator will come off easy, random sensors should come off easy, ammo cans will be easy. Starter would be easy if the damn thing didn't sit so low to the ground now. LOL Etc...
What?? You mean you want me to damage and get dirty my supple, soft lotioned hands which were meticulously manicured??

Haha
Unread 05-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #26863
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like fun, then again, so does this

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #26864
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Puck if I bought this you wanna buy the cage?
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3789247142.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #26865
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You buy that and ill take the high steer and gas cans from you and possibly the lockers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.