Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1790 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #26836
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

img_1798.jpg

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #26837
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Actually I dont think i need any fittings. The fuel filters have the nipples on them, all i need to do is connect the hose with a hose clamp as the filter is a service item anyway.

If you havent seen my fuel setup, here is is in the engine bay. The SS line runs up along the firewall away from any heat sources.

What I'm looking at is where the glass fuel filter is currently, running a standard metal filter with a return line, but keeping it mounted against the fire wall, and then having a line double back and follow the incoming line back down to the fuel tank, again, secured to the fire wall.
Would it matter that the return line would be running uphill instead of downhill? And yep the return line is smaller, just replaced all the lines on my truck, along with the tank and sender. You could zip tie it to your supply line all the way back, and if your worried about dry rot, just cut the zip ties in a few years and replace, regular fuel line is cheap.
My 360 filter.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #26838
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Marn I think I'll start a little slow build thread on the FSJ side for my truck this weekend, try to keep that jeepdj5 kid from posting pics of his Cherokee all over it.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #26839
sirhk100

whoops, wrong thread

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #26840
sirhk100

LOL, this has NOTHING to do with what I'm selling my truck for, this is just plain badass and I know many of you have seen it, well here's a price tag to go with it.

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=48718

Unread 05-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #26841
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Went and did wheelers pass today with my buddy. Thats a fun little drive, relaxing and cool weather. And we saw the crazy old ladies house... er.... shipping containers and an outhouse looking place that I assume is nothing more than a bed and toilet. Also went and shot off a few rounds.

LOTS of horses, bunnies and some doe.One horse that kind of freaked us out was actually at the peak and was up the mountain a ways and kept following and mad dogging us... needless to say it was a little weird hahaha

Oh and guess what!!?? We didnt get lost
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #26842
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you very much for the ride in your Toyota tonight Khris. That was the most fun i have had in the dirt. I have owned quads and hualed butt cheeks through the desert, but THAT was waaayyyy more fun. Thanks again!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #26843
sirhk100

LOL, man, slammed the drivers side front end of the yota pretty hard tonight on accident! It's still just amazing what it'll take and keep running thru! I had a fellow JF.com member along with me for his first ride in it on that hit even. Oh and then I hit a pretty good trench after wards and it just soaked it up. Gotta love that truck, it really is a good one, I'm sooooo on the fence on what I should do. Talked to a couple level headed other desert friends and they both think I should go for this crazy idea I'm hatching. It's a pretty gnarly commitment and could be getting me in over me head a bit though! Yikes!!!! I guess if I sell my yota though, like I said in the other thread, that's when things would get really serious cause that's when I'd really have to make the decision. I guess after memorial day weekend I'm gonna shut the wallet flow down and see how much I can pocket how fast to justify this insanity before I have a buyer lined up. I'm gonna have a roomie moving in mid-late june so that's just more ammo for the fire!

To give you a real legit idea of what I'm considering... Trading up to something that's got more shock and more power and better built then this one. I actually went to highschool with the guy that owns the truck in this video and talked with him for over an hour earlier on this insanity! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMnO6IEW1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQoj2UJq1Y

Unread 05-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #26844
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wait, you thinking about building an F-150 or a 1400 truck?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #26845
sirhk100

There wouldn't really be a "build" if this goes thru, it would involve wiring and plumbing first, then save up money and bolt shocks on and go play. It's a project truck that's about 90% complete. It would be more like a class 8 truck then 1450 but I wouldn't race it, would just be a play toy or a prerunner for the race truck that happens to have almost twice the power and goes WAY faster. It's not a tube chassis but class 8 is what eventually evolved into trophy truck. Basically this thing would need a bigger motor and a bigger rear axle and it could run just off TT pace with the rest of how it would be setup. Put it this way, as is... The 35 spline rear axle will be the first limitation of the truck cause it won't hold up to the tire size, weight and power of the motor. If I stepped up to a 40 spline someday down the road the next limitation would be the brand new stock LQ9. The chassis and shock package I'd probably run currently will out run what the motor would be capable of pushing. So yeah, a 300+ hp motor isn't enough to see the actual potential of this truck.

Unread 05-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #26846
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I saw what you said over in the for sale thread. I just didn't want to clutter it up anymore. 300+ HP and a fast as hell truck? You have my vote for "yes."

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #26847
sirhk100

Well, whatever a stock LQ9 crate motor is rated at, that's what's in it... And it's easy to just say "yes"... Prepping my truck to sell ASAP with a million other commitments is a bit of an issue right now. Then finding a buyer will be interesting. And then the hardest part would be actually handing over the cash and hauling this thing home. I'm gonna swing by there again on tuesday after work and talk more with him.

Unread 05-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #26848
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The LQ9 is a beast of a motor that throws down 345 HP and 380 ft lbs. With a more aggressive cam and a freer flowing intake and exhaust, people have seen numbers of 400+ at the wheels.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #26849
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Damn this death wobble!!!!! God its getting annoying. I replaced my control arms and it fixed it for about a month and now its reared its ugly head.

Only happens when im slightly turned going 40-50mph and some times going freeway speeds.
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #26850
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Damn this death wobble!!!!! God its getting annoying. I replaced my control arms and it fixed it for about a month and now its reared its ugly head.

Only happens when im slightly turned going 40-50mph and some times going freeway speeds.
Have you done a dry steering test?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.