Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1789 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #26821
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Do eeeeeeet!

Posted from outer space.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #26822
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Khris,

Did you know that you're not supposed to weld stuff cleaned with brake cleaner?
I did not... But that does make sense now why when we were using brake cleaner to keep the race truck running long enough to get it out of my garage and into my side yard a month or two ago and it was popping and backfiring thru the intake. Once we got it into the sideyard where the wind was blocked it seriously knocked me on my ***, like ripped the air out of my lungs no way you could breath style. Nasty nasty stuff!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #26823
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

guess the tank is done, and the guy is still alive, so he must have cleaned it prior to welding.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #26824
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I did not... But that does make sense now why when we were using brake cleaner to keep the race truck running long enough to get it out of my garage and into my side yard a month or two ago and it was popping and backfiring thru the intake. Once we got it into the sideyard where the wind was blocked it seriously knocked me on my ***, like ripped the air out of my lungs no way you could breath style. Nasty nasty stuff!!!
Well, just a heads up!

When introduced to argon and excess heat, it'll produce Phosgene, which was a gas used in WWI.

As andy said, literally as low as 4ppm can kill you. You get phosgene poisoning and if you life, you pretty much get emphysema and stuff.

Here, read this, NASTY NASTY stuff.
http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

This public service announcement brought to you by Dr. Marn

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #26825
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone here have electrician skills? Like come to my shop and figure out how to set me up a couple 220V drops? I'm pretty sure everything is there to do so, but I don't mess with that stuff

Ricky
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #26826
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Anyone here have electrician skills? Like come to my shop and figure out how to set me up a couple 220V drops? I'm pretty sure everything is there to do so, but I don't mess with that stuff

Ricky
After they are done there swing by my place for the same
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #26827
sirhk100

My pops will probably be in town sometime around xmas time if you want ricky, he helped me wire up mine. LOL

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #26828
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Ricky
I know a guy that can do it for you, but i only know him on a professional level. He's not technically a licensed electrician though I dont think, but he's an electrician....

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #26829
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I know an electrician, not sure what his availability or prices are like, but I know he is honest, fair and does quality work. Let me know if you want his contact info.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #26830
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I know an electrician, not sure what his availability or prices are like, but I know he is honest, fair and does quality work. Let me know if you want his contact info.
I'll take it.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #26831
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
My pops will probably be in town sometime around xmas time if you want ricky, he helped me wire up mine. LOL
I got stuff you have to come by and weld before that duh!!! Hehehe.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #26832
sirhk100

Is the A/C on? LOL If so we can talk!

This looks so fun!

Unread 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #26833
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I always thought that since argon is a noble gas(inert,) it couldn't chemically react with anything. Guess I was wrong. That's some crazy ish!
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #26834
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Well, just a heads up!

When introduced to argon and excess heat, it'll produce Phosgene, which was a gas used in WWI.

As andy said, literally as low as 4ppm can kill you. You get phosgene poisoning and if you life, you pretty much get emphysema and stuff.

Here, read this, NASTY NASTY stuff.
http://www.brewracingframes.com/id75.htm

This public service announcement brought to you by Dr. Marn
That scared the crap out of me. A while ago, we'll pretend I was still a teenager, we went looking for cans of starter fluid to blow up but Wal-Mart was out so we bought brake cleaner instead. I was really freaked till I read the part about it took the welding gas to make that toxin. Dude, I never read the labels on anything, if I did I’d never expose myself to anything because it might cause cancer in rats in California. Lesson learned.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #26835
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, it's not the argon that produces the phosgene, it's the UV light produced by the welding arc that does the trick. The UV light from the arc is the catalyst in the reaction. I knew it couldn't be the argon! Therefore, merely burning the brake cleaner wouldn't catalyze the reaction either, because there's not enough UV energy to start the reaction. Flame throwers are safe! Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.