Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1788 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #26806
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Marn, I've used nevada house of hose here in henderson a few times! Expensive but really nice work! They did the fuel line on my truck and brake lines on my truck as well.

But, the guy that built the front end on my truck and the race truck. He uses these guys, swears by them. The lines on the front of the race truck are done by them. He laughed in my face when I told him what I paid. Supposedly these guys are MUCH MUCH cheaper then nev house of hose.

http://www.allhoseinc.net/

May be worth a call for someplace local you can just go get your parts.

As far as rubber vs. other stuff... Not sure man. I'd try and keep the rubber minimal for dry rot and splitting reasons more then getting tugged and pulled on reasons.
Thanks for the heads up. Like i said NHoH wanted freakin 8.67 per foot of braided hose.

I am not looking to run hard lines or anything, ans I will be sticking with SOME type of hose, its just whether I go with some fancy pantsy braided stainless crap, or just some fuel injection hose or something.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #26807
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

holy crap, apparently fuel injection hose is still 4 bucks a foot at vatozone. thats more than the stainless stuff shipped from summit!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #26808
sirhk100

Uhhhh, the hose I run INSIDE the fuel cells, $24 a foot. Luckily, a foot is all that's needed. Stop your whining! LOL

I think I paid over $100 for the supply fuel line on my yota but it was worth it to me knowing it had the right screw on ends to work with all the factory fittings at both fuel cell and engine sides.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #26809
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Uhhhh, the hose I run INSIDE the fuel cells, $24 a foot. Luckily, a foot is all that's needed. Stop your whining! LOL

I think I paid over $100 for the supply fuel line on my yota but it was worth it to me knowing it had the right screw on ends to work with all the factory fittings at both fuel cell and engine sides.
hahaha. I bought a thing of like 2" fuel filler hose, i got 14" of it or something from NHoH. Its for like gas tanks on Semi's. Crap was $20something a foot too haha.

Anyway, just spoke with your boys at all hose. They told me if its just for a return line just use his standard black fuel hose. Said it wont rot out or crack or anything.

but still....$3-5 bucks a foot I am going to need like 15'!!

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #26810
sirhk100

Why you using FI hose? Aren't you low pressure and carb?

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #26811
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Why you using FI hose? Aren't you low pressure and carb?
im not using it, just was asking about it. I'm told its more durable. Butttt because of the inner lining you cant use hose camps.

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #26812
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
im not using it, just was asking about it. I'm told its more durable. Butttt because of the inner lining you cant use hose camps.
Huh, interesting to know... I used it for my supply and return on my toyota with hose clamps for probably 5 years without issue until I put the latest fuel cell in and had to get longer lines. That's when I finally stepped up to a real hose with a real fitting.

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #26813
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Huh, interesting to know... I used it for my supply and return on my toyota with hose clamps for probably 5 years without issue until I put the latest fuel cell in and had to get longer lines. That's when I finally stepped up to a real hose with a real fitting.
It's just what I read, and what the allhose dude told me. Beats me, I'm not the 'hose' expert here haha.

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #26814
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris,

Did you know that you're not supposed to weld stuff cleaned with brake cleaner?

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #26815
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Doesn't it release some gas??

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #26816
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Doesn't it release some gas??

Posted from outer space.
Yeah, it does. Phosgene. bad bad bad! Literally a teeny puff of smoke can be fatal. If you survive, it totally messes up your body. Eek!

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #26817
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Yeah, it does. Phosgene. bad bad bad! Literally a teeny puff of smoke can be fatal. If you survive, it totally messes up your body. Eek!
Something like 3 PPM can be fatal. Really nasty stuff.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #26818
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Hey Dave
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3810559623.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #26819
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I'm so pissed a CL every time I do anything on it my post disappear. BTW I dropped the price to 8500
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #26820
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
You mean hey marn!

drop that bad boy in my wag! vroom!

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.