Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1787 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #26791
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I hate insurance with a passion!!! I've been driving and paying it for 20 years basically now and I've had ZERO claims!!! ZERO!!!! I've been in 3 accidents ever, 2 not at fault, 1 at fault. The one at fault I paid for out of my pocket to repair the other car being a hood, hood hinges, rear window and paint, I had no damage to my vehicle.
X2 not twenty years but still no claims. My wife on the other hand. 3 claims in 5 yrs.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #26792
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
X2 not twenty years but still no claims. My wife on the other hand. 3 claims in 5 yrs.
We are going to need her exact schedule so that we can be sure to be nowhere around when she is behind the wheel.

Me, I have been paying for insurance for the past 18 years. I have had two at fault accidents. One paid for out of pocket instead of using insurance. One insurance covered and I was thankful that I had it. An accident in Germany is no joke. Bills there mount really quickly and there was no way I could have paid that out of pocket.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #26793
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I use country. Our TJ and rango, full coverage is 140-ish a month for both. Annual membership to nv farm bureau is $10. They've been great for any and all claims! Google country financial, and choose a local agent, or pm me and I'll get you my agent's info.
Country sucks if you get anything stolen. My duramax was stolen they said it was worth 15. Kbb and Nada put it at 21-22. I also had a rider for 14k worth of aftermarket parts and they said nope once it was stolen. I'm glad they found it and fixed it. I sold it the next day.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #26794
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Country sucks if you get anything stolen. My duramax was stolen they said it was worth 15. Kbb and Nada put it at 21-22. I also had a rider for 14k worth of aftermarket parts and they said nope once it was stolen. I'm glad they found it and fixed it. I sold it the next day.
Which carrier is the best for covering aftermarket parts? I just increased my coverage and I want to make sure if I do have a claim someday they don't jack me.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #26795
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My sisters comp will cover aftermarket parts but I think there is a limit. Like $7-10k I believe. You have to inform the company after installation of the parts and be able to provide receipts. There is also a custom car/specialty car policy that covers anything from a classic-high end exotic, comparable to hagerty but there are a ton of conditions to them but it is cheaper.
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #26796
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post

Which carrier is the best for covering aftermarket parts? I just increased my coverage and I want to make sure if I do have a claim someday they don't jack me.
You have to get a rider on top of your normal full coverage. Country screwed me and said that the guy I got my policy through no longer worked with the company and there was no way to go back through the paper work. I was done with them after that
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #26797
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900

I use State Farm (have since I was 16) no issues. I have full coverage on my Jeep. When I moved to Vegas I took full retail receipts on all parts I figured worth covering or replacing, should they get stolen or I total the Jeep, I'm covered. Be prepared to pay though because the way I have mine set up, it makes it look like I drive a 8 year old 15K book value Jeep worth about 35-40k. My biggest concern is theft. It was never a concern when I was in TX and if I was there I would have liability. I have had 3 friends in the last 5 years lose tow rig, trailer, and toy all to Mexico in broad freaking daylight. They lived in AZ, NV, and CA.....so in my mind when on the west coast, better insure lol.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #26798
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I use State Farm (have since I was 16) no issues. I have full coverage on my Jeep. When I moved to Vegas I took full retail receipts on all parts I figured worth covering or replacing, should they get stolen or I total the Jeep, I'm covered. Be prepared to pay though because the way I have mine set up, it makes it look like I drive a 8 year old 15K book value Jeep worth about 35-40k. My biggest concern is theft. It was never a concern when I was in TX and if I was there I would have liability. I have had 3 friends in the last 5 years lose tow rig, trailer, and toy all to Mexico in broad freaking daylight. They lived in AZ, NV, and CA.....so in my mind when on the west coast, better insure lol.
My concern is also theft. I didn't up the policy till I started adding more aftermarket. With all the armor accidents are my least concern, unless a dump truck hits me.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #26799
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was just looking over a lease agreement for a co-worker. I had to tell her that I wouldn't sign it and I wouldn't pay any money until it is corrected. Right now, between what she has told me and the way that the contract reads, she is about to be scammed.

They want her to pay a $500 non-refundable holding fee, a $75 application fee, and another unspecified $500 fee before signing with no obligation by the landlord that the house will in fact go to her? Then reading the lease agreement itself, she is getting nothing. She would be paying rent on a house that she can't even move into!

I told her that it was either a really stupid landlord or a scam. She needs to find out what is really going on and have the lease agreement fixed BEFORE she signs anything.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #26800
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Here a question for you all.

Currently my tank has no provision for a return fuel line (to keep fuel circulating, helps with heat issues and whatnot). The new fuel pickup I'm installing has a nozzle on it for a return line. All I would have to do is swap the filter I have up by the carb for a filter with a return nipple, and route a line back down to the gas tank.

So, that's a $4 fuel filter and some hose.

However, Here's where I'm conflicted. Currently ALL my fuel line is -6 AN braided stainless fuel rated hose. I've always been told and heard that running long lengths of soft rubber fuel line isnt the safest thing. especially considering how I'm driving in a lot of brushy situations.

Do I just get some soft line fot cheap and run it back to the tank, or do I get the braided hose (70 bucks for 20' from summit...nevada house of hose wanted 8.67 per foot!!!!!) and a few AN fittings to make everything all pretty?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #26801
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

F that. There are so many houses on market for rent. Find something more legit.
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #26802
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Here a question for you all.

Currently my tank has no provision for a return fuel line (to keep fuel circulating, helps with heat issues and whatnot). The new fuel pickup I'm installing has a nozzle on it for a return line. All I would have to do is swap the filter I have up by the carb for a filter with a return nipple, and route a line back down to the gas tank.

So, that's a $4 fuel filter and some hose.

However, Here's where I'm conflicted. Currently ALL my fuel line is -6 AN braided stainless fuel rated hose. I've always been told and heard that running long lengths of soft rubber fuel line isnt the safest thing. especially considering how I'm driving in a lot of brushy situations.

Do I just get some soft line fot cheap and run it back to the tank, or do I get the braided hose (70 bucks for 20' from summit...nevada house of hose wanted 8.67 per foot!!!!!) and a few AN fittings to make everything all pretty?
Do it right, you are already into this far. Get the Summit line and AN fittings.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #26803
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Actually I dont think i need any fittings. The fuel filters have the nipples on them, all i need to do is connect the hose with a hose clamp as the filter is a service item anyway.

If you havent seen my fuel setup, here is is in the engine bay. The SS line runs up along the firewall away from any heat sources.

What I'm looking at is where the glass fuel filter is currently, running a standard metal filter with a return line, but keeping it mounted against the fire wall, and then having a line double back and follow the incoming line back down to the fuel tank, again, secured to the fire wall.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #26804
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well actually it appears to be a much smaller line...hmm, i wouldnt be able to run -6 on there.

Quote:

Unread 05-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #26805
sirhk100

Marn, I've used nevada house of hose here in henderson a few times! Expensive but really nice work! They did the fuel line on my truck and brake lines on my truck as well.

But, the guy that built the front end on my truck and the race truck. He uses these guys, swears by them. The lines on the front of the race truck are done by them. He laughed in my face when I told him what I paid. Supposedly these guys are MUCH MUCH cheaper then nev house of hose.

http://www.allhoseinc.net/

May be worth a call for someplace local you can just go get your parts.

As far as rubber vs. other stuff... Not sure man. I'd try and keep the rubber minimal for dry rot and splitting reasons more then getting tugged and pulled on reasons.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.