Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1784 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #26746
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Oh nice! Yeah, pismo is fun, I've been there twice. To me it's a place you go chill on the beach during the summer and hit the sand for a bit once or twice a day and mostly relax on the beach. But... if you're actually going for the dunes... Glamis is about million times large, bigger, taller, insane, etc... Other then they are both sand and paddles rule, there's zero comparison between the two.
I want to do pismo before we leave, but it is right around a 7 hour drive from here.

Maybe when the wife comes back for her mid tour I will head up that way then drive the coastal highway.

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #26747
sirhk100

Cause you can't see it from the rear on the ground for the final picture. We'd just use the one sitting right next to my desk with a diff cover already installed on it if that was the case.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #26748
sirhk100

Only way I'll do pismo from here is for the annual huck fest in the summer. Other then that weekend, the drive isn't worth it imo. Dumont has more area and larger dunes then pismo. Glamis is the place to go for dunes. The beach novelty is cool but well, it's just not worth the haul in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and all but yeah... Huck fest, I'd go for that. I've heard Baldwin and pistol pete will be there this year with their trophy trucks jumping along with son of a grave digger and another monster truck and then the 20-40 trucks like mine that typically show up to compete also in the jump contest. Do a google image search for "pismo huck fest" if you haven't heard of it. Some serious air!

What's that? a 4wd exploder? Yep, think it might be... Too bad he's running the crappy stock steering! LOL

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTaVR_05pb0

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #26749
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, every time that I see something jumping like that it reminds me of that video that you posted up a while back. Ya know, the assclown that jumped his raptor just a little too far.

I would like to camp on the beach if I did go to Pismo.
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #26750
sirhk100

This one has the raptor one beat imo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztykGaD12g

Make sure to gauge from the peak of that jump to where he actually lands the distance in height he freefalls!

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #26751
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

I want to do pismo before we leave, but it is right around a 7 hour drive from here.

Maybe when the wife comes back for her mid tour I will head up that way then drive the coastal highway.
Roughly when would this be? I may be interested in joining. It's on the jeeping bucket list.
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #26752
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The wife's mid tour is in Sept.

I am either going to do the coastal highway then lake Tahoe... or Colorado near Silverton
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #26753
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
This one has the raptor one beat imo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztykGaD12g

Make sure to gauge from the peak of that jump to where he actually lands the distance in height he freefalls!

Thanks for helping out my add.... I just spent about 15 minutes looking at videos that linked off of that one.
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #26754
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Okay peeps, looking for a LIFTED jeep with a D44 to do install photos on for our diff cover. A few people here have seen it or seen part of it in person and will vouch that this isn't a glamor piece. If you're like power and concerned about weight, this probably isn't for you. Prefer to do the install on the rear cause of unobstructed pictures. Will need you to be able to cruise by during the weekday daytime hours for the install. You can hang out or drop it off and come back and grab it when done, doesn't matter to us really. Looking to knock this out ASAP. If you're going to hang out I wouldn't think this will take more then an hour or so at the most... First to speak up gets it... Can do the install even this afternoon, tomorrow, monday, tues, etc... ASAP...

You can use mine. I will pull it off though and use it on a different build though because I should be selliking it soon
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #26755
sirhk100

LOL, don't care what you do with it once it rolls outta here. When are you available?

Oh and...

http://jalopnik.com/truck-commercial...ts-s-487200078

Unread 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #26756
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, don't care what you do with it once it rolls outta here. When are you available?

Oh and...

Lol 'because california'

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #26757
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Oh and...

tomorrow any time just let me know
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #26758
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

nascar jokes will never be the same http://jalopnik.com/former-nascar-ra...uici-507667676
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #26759
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

**** the DMV.

That is all.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #26760
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
**** the DMV.

That is all.
why? You get to check out all the hot 16 year old girls getting their licenses.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.