Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1780 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #26686
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Lol. Pedicure.

My fingernails have been black around the edges and at the tip for the last week no matter how hard I scrub em from working on my pile.

We were out at the dinner thing that was like 250 a head and I'm dressed all nice and some woman called me out.

'Whats wrong with your finger nails? Are you a painter or something'

No, I'm just a scrubby guy who can't clean up well enough for this fine dining stuff.

Try some head and shoulders. That crap always cuts through all the grease.

Unread 05-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #26687
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I get pedicures with my wife. Mostly because I'm done doing at home surgery with side cutters/cuticle cutters on ingrown toe nails. Ill have to find some pics. Pretty gross.
No need to post pics! I used to get ingrown toenails alot til a doc told me all you have to do is cut a little V in the middle of the nail every time you trim them. Haven't had one since. One time my foot swelled up like a football because of it.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #26688
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

**** MY LIFE!!!!!!

Does anybody know a local shop that will weld and line a gas tank if I bring it to them?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #26689
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

While lifting the truck onto jack stands one of the stands shifted about. 1/2" and scraped along side my gas tank.

This just so happened to be a spot on my gas tank where there was a mysterious rubbery substance that I never before questioned.

Well apparently I'm not the first person this happened to. My jack stand scraped off the rubbery substance which apparently was some type of RTV or gasket maker, and revealed a big ole ****ing crack in the side of my gas tank, which abruptly started spewing gas everywhere now that it no longer had its protective rubbery cement cover.

**** **** **** **** **** ****!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #26690
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
While lifting the truck onto jack stands one of the stands shifted about. 1/2" and scraped along side my gas tank.

This just so happened to be a spot on my gas tank where there was a mysterious rubbery substance that I never before questioned.

Well apparently I'm not the first person this happened to. My jack stand scraped off the rubbery substance which apparently was some type of RTV or gasket maker, and revealed a big ole ****ing crack in the side of my gas tank, which abruptly started spewing gas everywhere now that it no longer had its protective rubbery cement cover.

Damn. That. Sucks. Big. Floppy. Donkey. Balls.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #26691
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

It was literally one of the next projects I had planned.

Guess it just got moved up to tomorrow.

Sigh.

Ill call a few radiator shops and see what's up.

Quote:

Unread 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #26692
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Geez Marn, that bites! I've never heard of anything like that stuff you are describing, nor do I have a clue of anyone willing to weld on a tank that has gas fumes in it. Sorry bro.

I have heard and often used "it's not carnage, it's an upgrade opportunity", but you are the first person I know that has turned your opportunity to upgrade into a carnage situation. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands to help you out.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #26693
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Damn. That. Sucks. Big. Floppy. Donkey. Balls.
Pretty vivid / graphic description there bud, do you spend a lot of time studying donkey balls?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #26694
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I can check with some of the guys at work tomorrow to see if they know of anyone. Did it spill a lot of gas? That's what I was worried about before bringing the J10 here to the garage.
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #26695
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well it will be washed and aired out, there are only gas fumes in it until the gas fumes are no longer in it....shops wil lalso purge them with dry ice or other inert gasses.

Quote:

Unread 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #26696
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Pretty vivid / graphic description there bud, do you spend a lot of time studying donkey balls?
I lived on a farm in Michigan, it had horses, pigs, cows, and a few donkeys. And other farm animals. So, in light of your question, donkey balls are big and floppy, not some thing you want any were near your face.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #26697
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well it will be washed and aired out, there are only gas fumes in it until the gas fumes are no longer in it....shops wil lalso purge them with dry ice or other inert gasses.
That giant hole was made of rtv or something?! Holy cow!
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #26698
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

What giant hole?

The tank has a hairline crack in it tha is about an inch long.

Quote:

Unread 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #26699
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What giant hole?
The tank has a hairline crack in it tha is about an inch long.
Pic looks like a big hole, guess would have to be there to see it better.
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #26700
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have you considered something like this?

I am thinking that most places would not weld it up unless the tank was dropped and empty. It would pretty much be insurance suicide if anything happened.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.