Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1772 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #26566
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Speaking of HOA, I had just got home from work and my neighbor calls me and says hey someones outside taking pictures of the side of your house. By the time I get outside my neighbor had already went out there and asked what he was doing. I just had some water damaged stucco replaced along with the sheetmetal channel at the bottom that had rusted out before I got rid of the front sprinklers and grass. I haven't had time to paint because I'm probably going to want to do the whole house. I'm sure I'll get a letter in the mail. I haven't decided if I want to be naughty or nice when that time comes......I'm actually glad I didn't catch the guy taking pictures because I was in a bad mood when I got home anyway and I quite possibly would have verbally lit him up.
See that's all chicken ****. Be a man and walk over to your neighbor and be like hey it looks good but when are you gonna paint that ****. Not hey I'm gonna be a ***** and take pictures so you get a fine so it makes you paint it faster.
I get a letter in the mail if I put trash can out before 9pm. Stupid

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #26567
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'd make taking out the trash at 2am the most noisy thing ever....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #26568
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
I'd make taking out the trash at 2am the most noisy thing ever....

Posted from outer space.
EXACTLY!! Go buy those old school metal ones and be sure to tip them over several times on the way out!
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #26569
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My hoa is a landscape only hoa, zero enforcement. I complained about my neighbor running a customer based business out of his house and I was told "that is a city problem". Now I pile my dog crap up next to where is customers walk by.

My main problem was that we never knew if people were waiting for him our scoping out the neighborhood.
Unread 05-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #26570
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

On a Jeep note; I spent some time poking around under my rig last night and discovered the source of my rear locker issue of not engaging. $7 of heavier duty air hose and about 20 minutes of routing and zip tying later, my formerly holy air hose is now effectively transferring and holding air to the locker. Score! And I didn't even have to stink up the garage dropping the diff cover to troubleshoot the locker itself.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #26571
sirhk100

I have a tour bus and a mexican band that lives across the street that practices really loud. I've got kids that block traffic playing basketball in the street. Trash cans that sit out for a couple days and one house that still has their xmas lights on. Tons of yards aren't landscaped either on my street. And you know what... I don't care one bit about any of it! None of it bothers me and there's no way in HELL you'd ever catch me in an HOA! I'd probably have to get a smartphone and start hanging out at starbucks if I lived in an HOA cause I'd probably have nothing else to do. You want to tell me what to do with my own house? HA!!!! Move to someplace with an HOA or mind your own business. You should just be happy I'm nice and stop the noise at 8pm and don't start it at like 6-7am when I'd like to!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #26572
sirhk100

Whoa, stumbled across a picture of my old expo I hadn't seen in awhile! This was '03 and that's the bike I raced in the '03 san felipe 250 and baja 500. I chased for the bike in the 1000. It was a team deal, not just me solo on the bike by anymeans. I didn't race the 1000 cause I owned the best vehicle for running chase at that race so it made more sense for me to shuttle the racers then actually race. No biggie was still an absolute blast!

A little bit of familiarity to my new one! LOL

Unread 05-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #26573
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was gonna say, that's a different one? Haha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #26574
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Garza your neighbor should have snapped a pic of the guy trespassing. If he was on your property taking pics you can file a complaint and threaten legal action.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #26575
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I’ve got to tell you all about the neighbor I had in KY. We lived in a normal suburban neighborhood and a guy that was an amateur radio hobbyist moved into the house next door. Within a month he had installed a 40 ft. radio tower with a 20 ft. wide rotating antenna at the top. What made it so over the top is that the radio was so powerful that every time he talked on it his voice came out of every amplified circuit in all the houses near his. You’d hear his voice coming out of the tv, the radio, even the baby monitors and the alarm clocks.

Now of course the HOA flipped out and was stirred up in a righteous anger like I’ve never seen before. They tried everything on the face of the earth to stop this guy but it turns out there are a ton of laws on the books protecting amateur radio hobbyists because in the case of a disaster they are vital for maintaining communications. Since I was their former target before this guy moved in I found this all highly entertaining. Of course I couldn’t have this guy waking my kid up while the kid was taking his nap or sleeping at night so I just went over and had a friendly conversation with the guy and he agreed to stay off it when the kid was sleeping. He even gave me his number in case I needed to call and ask him to turn it off.

The moral of the story is your much better to be friendly and work out the problem then try and bring the HOA furry down on someone. Or the moral is if you hate your HOA and your neighbors become an amateur radio hobbyist.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #26576
sirhk100

I would think god was talking to me if I heard voices coming from everywhere!

Unread 05-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #26577
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
There was a really old lady accross the street from him that went into a nusing home not long after this started. Rumor was the voices drove her nuts
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #26578
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Haha, that just reminded me of that old movie "Real Genius"
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #26579
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

They talk about not attacking people who buy ink by the barrel. It would also be true that one shouldn't attack a dude that can speak out of every speaker in your house! He could spend hours talking to someone in Australia at 2 AM about how his neighbors are all jack-holes.
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #26580
sirhk100

I'd invest in "polka's greatest hits", key up the mic, hit repeat, then play and walk away...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.