Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1769 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #26521
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Your logic is totally flawed!!! Safe is not fun!
While I do agree whole heartedly, I'm gonna have to be unfun

Also I have a set of PROPER spring plates being placed in the mail for me today.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #26522
sirhk100

oh, I see how it is, my custom welds weren't good enough huh? LOL Are the proper ones a bit more formed and less flat plate like for strength?

I have a set of PROPER rear bumpstops in the mail to me today. I may actually go beat on the expo a bit one night this week on my jump line and see how it works once they get here!!! YIKES!!! Then maybe I'll even lock the hubs and put it in 4wd to see if it spins and drives too!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #26523
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So for a few days it till remain in drag jeep configuration.

imageuploadedbyag-free1368463063.864427.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #26524
sirhk100

You guys seen the video from that police shoot out with that grow house guy in Miami that's going around? Talk about insanely close timing where the dude gets in the car and closes the door just as the cops walk up! They don't even realize he's in the car till he steps out firing. The footage is from the grow house surveillance system. Nice kill shot thru the tree though!

The video is mid way down this page... There's two different angles. The 2nd angle shows how insanely close the timing was!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3252304.html

Gotta love how long it takes for backup to arrive. The 2nd view switchs like halfway thru it.

Unread 05-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #26525
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What are the cross streets where you live Andy?

The NW is a lil cheaper then the SW and I wouldnt mind living in either side. Just not fond of the east side as ive never lived there.
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #26526
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I rented a decent place when I first moved here right by Raptor off Sunset and Ft Apache for $1,000mo 1800sqft, Then we moved to Mountains Edge 1800sqft for $1225mo.....I really loved the SW, but we a had a family member who owned a house in Henderson sell to us for dirt cheap so we went for it. I like where we are at, but the SW is cool!........well maybe until the water park opens up
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #26527
sirhk100

Garza, a toy for John!!!! Great price for what it is!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=47832

Unread 05-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #26528
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
oh, I see how it is, my custom welds weren't good enough huh? LOL Are the proper ones a bit more formed and less flat plate like for strength?

I have a set of PROPER rear bumpstops in the mail to me today. I may actually go beat on the expo a bit one night this week on my jump line and see how it works once they get here!!! YIKES!!! Then maybe I'll even lock the hubs and put it in 4wd to see if it spins and drives too!
Speaking of welds, the ones on the spring plates looked good. You can even ask Andy I remarked to him 'dang these welds look pretty nice' while I was under the truck haha

Unread 05-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #26529
sirhk100

You can hang them on the wall for art if you want? I was just price shopping welders. The one I'd LOVE is $2000... Realistically though, the ones that would do fine for me are $800-1100. That's just direct off miller's webpage. I can probably find them cheaper on line and I can possibly even get a smoking deal thru my local shop with a contact I have. Need to put out the feelers cause I'm really tempted to get mine going again, clean it up and toss it on craigslist for $400 firm! Get rid of it and step up to a shiny nice new one!

Unread 05-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #26530
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
What are the cross streets where you live Andy?

The NW is a lil cheaper then the SW and I wouldnt mind living in either side. Just not fond of the east side as ive never lived there.
Two biggest cross streets are Buffalo & Farm. Anywhere around the 95 & Durango area is pretty nice.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #26531
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Speaking of welds, the ones on the spring plates looked good. You can even ask Andy I remarked to him 'dang these welds look pretty nice' while I was under the truck haha
Yes he did. I claimed they were my welds for a moment but I came clean.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #26532
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Grand I would recommend finding a real estate agent. I would have you rent our condo but I just had someone move in. CL for housing blows. Zillow is ok I've never used the other raptor suggested.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #26533
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Grand I would recommend finding a real estate agent. I would have you rent our condo but I just had someone move in. CL for housing blows. Zillow is ok I've never used the other raptor suggested.
I found mine on CL but I would highly suggest a real estate agent as well.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #26534
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We're going to start looking for a rental house in a few months....I have a couple real estate cpntacts.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #26535
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

A condo wouldnt be too bad to live in also. Ive just never really looked at them as I like having a garage/big driveway.

If the new people leave anytime soon ksturgio let me know. Might be willing to look at it for sure.

What real estate agents do you guys recommend?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.