Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1767 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Custom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #26491
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Oh yeah Marn... for lessons learned working on stuff that old. Do not even attempt those without a line wrench. Try an open end wrench and you will strip those out faster than Andy getting turned down by a 450lb hooker.
:flipoff:

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #26492
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Haha, I figured that you would like that one.
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #26493
sirhk100

LOL, or marn, if you just wanna see what it's like with rear brakes that lock up before the front we can take my truck to some lot late at night and do a 0-60-0 run and see if it's even possible for me without getting sideways to use full brakes. Those valves are cheap and I was going to get one but then I realized how much I like it in the dirt and decided for the little street use it sees I'll play the odds. BTW, don't spend your money on the name brand ones, wilwood makes the summit one and I believe the jegs one private label. They're cheaper then the "name" but they're the exact same part. I can double check on that though for you tomorrow if you want it verified. My coworker's previous gig was design at willwood.

And for the brake lines, LOL vice grips yo! HAHAHAHA, okay, last resort but just saying... I've got some line wrenches if you need them and obviously am just down the street.

Oh and how was that dinner gig????

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #26494
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Oh yeah Marn... for lessons learned working on stuff that old. Do not even attempt those without a line wrench. Try an open end wrench and you will strip those out faster than Andy getting turned down by a 450lb hooker.
Lol and some heat. The torch I bought a few months ago is one of those tool I don't know how I went so long without!
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #26495
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post

screw the lights the real story is in the background.

Wife beater.... check
dickie shorts... check
bright white kicks... check
town car.... check
wheels more expensive than the car... check
Yeah thats an everyday occurrence at my work. Just a bunch of POS people.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #26496
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

A question for you guys that rent homes. What is the price of homes near where you live? I need to move out of my apartment as its just plain ***** here. Budget is around 1000 $ but obviously the lower the better.

Im the only cracker in the box.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #26497
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
A question for you guys that rent homes. What is the price of homes near where you live? I need to move out of my apartment as its just plain ***** here. Budget is around 1000 $ but obviously the lower the better.

I pay $1050 for my 3 brm 2bth home. It has a 2 car garage in a good area. I live off of windmill and the 215.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #26498
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris,

Yes, I was planning to test things out. Like I said, a few people told me they are running without the PV, but as is seen, results may vary! I'll try a new MC and see where that gets me. It seems to be the biggest problem when people convert to disc in the rear as well because of the increased stopping power back there.

Also, Greg, yes, I have a flare nut wrench, well, a few of them. And yes they have definitely saved my butt a few times!

Anyway, the jeep is driving now, and it steers fine, so thats good, just doesnt stop so well haha. I'll pick up a reman MC (15 bucks who cares) and see if it'll mount up to my booster. if so, i'll get working on the new lines.

hell i could always pick up a dual diaphragm booster from a J20 and run that bad boy, maybe get me a lil more oomph!

Again thanks for the help guys!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:23 AM   #26499
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I pay $1050 for my 3 brm 2bth home. It has a 2 car garage in a good area. I live off of windmill and the 215.
Same but sunset and fort apache. There are a few for rent by me there was even one for 900. We could of went cheaper if we moved closer in to the center. Look up zillow or hot pads. I found ours by driving though the area we wanted to be in. Condos are the same if not worse than apartments. Try to find a detached house where HOAs aren't on your *** 24/7
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #26500
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Andyyyyyyyy
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3801579566.html
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #26501
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

Same but sunset and fort apache. There are a few for rent by me there was even one for 900. We could of went cheaper if we moved closer in to the center. Look up zillow or hot pads. I found ours by driving though the area we wanted to be in. Condos are the same if not worse than apartments. Try to find a detached house where HOAs aren't on your *** 24/7
You probably see my ZJ all the time since you live close to my friend.

Thats the area ive always lived in and I love the SW. My buddy lives off of warm springs and fort apache and he hates his HOA.

Somerhing towards the SW but maybe towards the center might be good as its less chance of a HOA and you get more of a garage.

I have zillow (both apps) and they are good to use actually. Im always looking for that killer deal out there.

But if you see any good deals around your area let me know please. Maybe we can live next to each other!!
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #26502
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

I do like that area myself also. But damn would I hate driving to work everyday from there lol

1000$ isnt so bad either.
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #26503
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Khris,

Yes, I was planning to test things out. Like I said, a few people told me they are running without the PV, but as is seen, results may vary! I'll try a new MC and see where that gets me. It seems to be the biggest problem when people convert to disc in the rear as well because of the increased stopping power back there.

Also, Greg, yes, I have a flare nut wrench, well, a few of them. And yes they have definitely saved my butt a few times!

Anyway, the jeep is driving now, and it steers fine, so thats good, just doesnt stop so well haha. I'll pick up a reman MC (15 bucks who cares) and see if it'll mount up to my booster. if so, i'll get working on the new lines.

hell i could always pick up a dual diaphragm booster from a J20 and run that bad boy, maybe get me a lil more oomph!

Again thanks for the help guys!
You're going to want the PV. Towing you're going to want your brake balance to be correct. I'd do the dual diaphragm.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #26504
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

I pay $1000 even for a three bedroom, 2 bath up on the NW side of town.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #26505
sirhk100

I usually rent my room out for $450. LOL Don't know what houses around here rent for. Probably cheap

LOL, looking at my schedule... Holy crap I'm beyond slammed!!!! Tonight dinner with a friend, tomorrow night getting my dog shot and then possibly welding control arm mounts on a guys jeep, wed night movies, thursday night hopefully work on my rock sliders, friday night bachelor party type stuff, sat finish rock sliders and start stripping down whitey in my drive, Sunday finish up stripping whitey and put a bumper on a ZJ somehow, monday night tint the expo, tues night open, wed night out for b-day with a friend, thursday night flying outta town for 5 days. Ugh... Anyone need anything built for them? I'm sure I can squeeze it in!!! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.