Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1766 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 05-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #26476
sirhk100

Well, progress is progress... I've gotta feeling my welder is just seriously on it's way out. It's kaput again for the day. Should have it up and going again tomorrow but my problem is I have plans Mon, wed and fri nights of this week! Stupid social life is getting outta hand here! Hoping I can button everything up I wanted to finish this weekend between tue and thurs night and then I'll be fresh for sat to hit the next item on the list. I'm happy with how the rock sliders are turning out. Need to duplicate what I did on the pass side over to the driver tues night hopefully and then possibly thursday night build the extensions that will also work as steps for the them. I also am going to build some gussets for where it all attaches to the frame rails. Got oil changed this afternoon after the welder died and I cleaned up. Didn't quite wanna call it quits yet so I knocked that out really quick at least too.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #26477
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Well, progress is progress... I've gotta feeling my welder is just seriously on it's way out. It's kaput again for the day. Should have it up and going again tomorrow but my problem is I have plans Mon, wed and fri nights of this week! Stupid social life is getting outta hand here! Hoping I can button everything up I wanted to finish this weekend between tue and thurs night and then I'll be fresh for sat to hit the next item on the list. I'm happy with how the rock sliders are turning out. Need to duplicate what I did on the pass side over to the driver tues night hopefully and then possibly thursday night build the extensions that will also work as steps for the them. I also am going to build some gussets for where it all attaches to the frame rails. Got oil changed this afternoon after the welder died and I cleaned up. Didn't quite wanna call it quits yet so I knocked that out really quick at least too.
Any pics of the rock slider?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #26478
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am now a believer in Grand Cherokees

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #26479
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Our unibodies can do a lot of good stuff for offroading. Id like to do a 1 ton swap on my zj but thats not for a while.
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #26480
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I am now a believer in Grand Cherokees

Video Link: http://youtu.be/j224Pm8v05g
Puck's kin?

Actually, that was pretty cool.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #26481
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Puck's kin?
:lol:
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #26482
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Alrighty guys, I got some info.

Those plates are only half of what i needed. see this ebay link?

There are plates that go UNDER the sway bar plates. I was misinformed. I have sway bar plates, not the spring plates. Gotta find a set.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Dana-44...c793c2&vxp=mtr

Also, for the brakes, a proportioning valve is installed on the trucks with disc/drum setups. It is because discs and drums require different volumes of fluid, as mentioned.

I got answers from a few people who have done this conversion. The proportioning valve is not entirely necessary, many of the guys are still jsut running the distribution block or whatever. However, it IS necessary to run a later model master cyilinder as that will push more fluid.

They said the rear brakes may grab a bit more, but whatever.

So i guess the goal is to get a new MC from a 74+ and make a set of new lines down to the distribution block. gues si better start hosing that thing down with pb blaster huh?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #26483
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Any pics of the rock slider?
Took a couple daylight shots of what I did for tucking a hitch into the rear bumper really quick. I may add a couple small support tubes between the bottom tube and the hitch. They won't actually weld to the hitch, they'll just be welded to the bumper and just kinda sit against the hitch as supports for landing on that lower tube.

And here's what I've got so far on the slider. My goal was to knock out a duplicate on the drivers side today also and then add a tube outside of the square to plate along the whole topside to work as an entry step also. I got the drivers side one cut to length, got the bend put it in and started to weld up the pie cut when the welder died. It took out my pedestal grinder at the same time. Something is internally angry with the welder for sure cause it has it's quirks these days and it's getting worse. I'm halfways tempted to get it going again tomorrow and then put it on craigslist for like $400. Someone can show up, I can weld the crap out of some stuff and let them burn a couple samples and take it away. LOL Sold "as is"... Then take that and put it towards a new one... Hmmmmmm... Maybe I'll do some price shopping this week actually.

So anyways, the sliders... Like I said, not done, still gonna do the outter tubing and a top plate as a step.

sorry for the kinda blurry ones but you get the idea and I don't care enough to retake them. LOL

Andy, remember what I was saying about storage area? Totally enough space to toss spare axles and driveshafts up in there!!!

There's no splicing going on in these pictures, just pie cut, bend, weld. I ground the main tube that you see smooth, once painted you won't know it ever was cut and welded. I plated the center 2 stringer tubes at the frame. I would've plated all 4 but space wasn't on my side so I figured two is better then none. If it ever gets too trashed, cut it off, grind smooth, make it again. This stuff is monster thick though, it will likely outlive the expo. I'm going to triangle gusset to the frame rails with plate also though before it's done to help spread the load across the height of the frame rails.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #26484
sirhk100

Marn, once you get it setup with peddle pressure. If you're not going to jump right into a proportioning valve on the rear. I highly suggest you go hit a parking lot and lock up the brakes in a straight line like a typical panic brake situation. Then do the same thing but with only a very slight turn when you jam them on. I know it's not your DD but it might scare the crap out of you depending what it does. I'm running my stock stuff on my yota but have went to discs in the rear and they lock up before the front. In a panic situation, even going straight... It's really easy to end up sideways. If there's any turn what so ever, I'm sliding sideways also. And this is all happening before the front end is locking up and getting full stopping power. Basically in my toyota I can't use the full brakes on the street if I had to for the most part cause I loose control.

A situation where this scared the crap out of me... 15 south merging onto 215 east on the south side of town. I'm coming around that kinda blind ramp at like 60mph and traffic was stopped mid corner. Had to slam the brakes and well, basically it was all I had to keep from ending up backwards and in the wall. It was that or hit the cars... I literally ended up sideways on that ramp even while pumping the brakes trying to get the rear to unlock enough to get back and track behind the front while still getting stopped. Basically yeah, I completely lost it and well, got some dirty looks and a nice heart rate spike! LOL

BUT!!!!! What this does do for me is allow me in the dirt to come into turns hot, slam the brakes and get the rear end pitched sideways and setup to turn and then I can get back on the gas once it's kicked out and sliding and get a full drift going. I actually love it 90% of the time in the dirt enough to not worry on the street! Especially now that it's not my DD again. LOL There is 10% of the time though when I come into something way to hot in the dirt and I need to get slowed that I have the same street situation and it gets kinda ugly and a handful really fast! LOL I lost it once about a year ago and ended up sliding off about a 2-3' cliff into a soccer ball boulder strewn wash sideways. Got lucky, the suspension soaked it up and I was able to just blast thru the rock garden and get back on the road. Pretty much had to change my underware after it though.

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #26485
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Andy, remember what I was saying about storage area? Totally enough space to toss spare axles and driveshafts up in there!!!
There is a **** ton of room up there! With proper planning, I bet you could run driveshafts and axle shafts all on one side!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #26486
sirhk100

Yup, and nobody would ever know! Completely outta the way, outta sight and outta mind! If I was Marn, I could hide my rockets up in there too even!

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #26487
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So here is a pic of my new A pillar mounts with my lights on them. They're not wired in yet.

And a tasty stone beer.
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #26488
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good call on the testing Khris. If it will be hard to find a factory valve for your application, you can always run an adjustable aftermarket setup for pretty cheap. http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...55192/10002/-1

While we are talking about panic situations, I had a lady today blindly start getting in my lane with a curb on the right. I was on the horn right as I locked up the brakes. At the next stop sign I approached with the middle finger already extended. Only to see a 90 year old lady in the passenger seat looking like she was having a heart attack and the driver too afraid to make eye contact. If the kids were not in the Jeep I would have probably let her hit me and turn in for the added 1/4 steel bumper to wimpy honda sheetmetal test.
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #26489
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
So here is a pic of my new A pillar mounts with my lights on them. They're not wired in yet.
screw the lights the real story is in the background.

Wife beater.... check
dickie shorts... check
bright white kicks... check
town car.... check
wheels more expensive than the car... check
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #26490
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh yeah Marn... for lessons learned working on stuff that old. Do not even attempt those without a line wrench. Try an open end wrench and you will strip those out faster than Andy getting turned down by a 450lb hooker.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.