Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1758 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #26356
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #26357
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Holy crap.

So that 45 minute away 5 minute meeting yesterday...I am literally on the next street over right now. I could have made 1 trip out of it.

Fml.
Well puck rolled up to the house one down and across from me yesterday afternoon for a call he was on. I thought that was kinda random! LOL I walk out of the garage and here some dude say "hey khris" as he's getting out of a plumbers truck... Wasn't really expecting that! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #26358
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have stopped by Marns house too while at work too. I figure, hell i am in the area i'll stop and say hello.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #26359
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'll remember that for down the road for sure!

New daily driver anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item3381f13db7
That's funny!! I was just talking to the wiffle how I want a classic hot rod as a daily driver. But take $475K off that and I'd look at it

Some may think I'm crazy, but my "dream car" would be a 1979 Trans-Am. I was born in 1979, and my Dad had this brand new when I was born. I always thought it would be cool, to have a Father-Son ride....maybe one day!!

BEST part is, I would only be able to listen to Beastie Boys and Tone Loc because that's the only tapes I own lol

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #26360
sirhk100

But it's a one of one... Common man, she'll understand!

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #26361
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Powr has stopped by my house while in the area for work. Dave has flown over my house for work but I don't think that was intentional.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #26362
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'll remember that for down the road for sure!

New daily driver anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item3381f13db7
I don't like it. Not for $5,000 let alone $500k.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #26363
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

That's funny!! I was just talking to the wiffle how I want a classic hot rod as a daily driver. But take $475K off that and I'd look at it

Some may think I'm crazy, but my "dream car" would be a 1979 Trans-Am. I was born in 1979, and my Dad had this brand new when I was born. I always thought it would be cool, to have a Father-Son ride....maybe one day!!
My Dad owned a Ford LTD when I was born in 79. Interestingly, I have never wanted one.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #26364
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

BEST part is, I would only be able to listen to Beastie Boys and Tone Loc because that's the only tapes I own lol
Funny thing about trans ams and camaros from that era they are pretty well built as far as brakes and suspension. The big problem was lack of power. Now you can get past that problem pretty easy. My first car was a 77 black with t-tops. I don't miss it due to being a fast pile of ****. I put $4k into a small block and not a dime on anything else. Looking back I should have bought a Honda with a/c.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #26365
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I don't like it. Not for $5,000 let alone $500k.
But it's a one of one!!!! (never said I liked it either btw...)

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #26366
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

But it's a one of one!!!! (never said I liked it either btw...)
So are turds, there is a reason you flush.

One of a kind stuff is cool if you own a museum. For normal people like us it's a waste. We like to drive what we own. It's for that reason if I could own an original 289 cobra. I would rather have a replica I could beat on and not feel bad about it.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #26367
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Danis dad has a 78 gold edition trans am. It's all perfect ill find a pic. He had 3 but sold 2 of them and didnt care because they were California cars and were neutered with all the emissions crap. The one he kept never had all that garbage. The girls tell me it's fast.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #26368
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Found it

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #26369
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
So are turds, there is a reason you flush.

One of a kind stuff is cool if you own a museum. For normal people like us it's a waste. We like to drive what we own. It's for that reason if I could own an original 289 cobra. I would rather have a replica I could beat on and not feel bad about it.
Both of my vehicles are one of one. I'm not going to flush either. One already gets beat on, the other will when it's time comes.

BTW, it's sarcasm if you haven't picked it up. I could care less if I had a one of one anything, it would get driven and used. I'm not a believer in museum pieces when it comes to anything mechanical. There's absolutely no historical interest or relevance to me. Use it no matter what it is imo! Cut it up, build it up, make it better, have fun. I love the fact that things like the NORRA 1000 exist where people are taking the old historic cars and racing them! If they wreck them, so be it... They're out there rebuilding them to their glory and then running them! It's rad to see cars like James Garner's old Cutless and Swoops old Blazer and the big oly bronco being ran and getting the crap kicked out of them rather then sitting in a corner of some collectors garage.

If I bought that, I'd probably pull the drivetrain out and put it in something more fun to be honest. Then again, if I bought that I probably would be in a different class, probably not living in Vegas, probably not doing a lot of the things I do.

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #26370
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also if anybody was just listening to x1075 that was me on the pop quiz. I go robbed they only had time for one question!

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.