Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1752 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Corbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #26266
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

is that the one you sold?
Nope it's the keeper. My dad bought it new in 72.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #26267
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Nope it's the keeper. My dad bought it new in 72.
nice

daytime pic?

there' was a GMC right up here by work that was that same exact color scheme for sale not too long ago.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #26268
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

ANDY!!! DOOOOO EEEEET!!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/3746039597.html
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #26269
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
angle grinders can solve alot of problems.

just sayin.
I used a chop saw on my pass side one to make it 3/8" shorter, trust me, I'm not scared to cut an axle! My issue is it's too short by a bit. There's a machined surface of the shaft that should push into the seal of the 3rd member for it to ride on. Well it's not long enough.

Stock axle here, see the wear mark where the stock seal with the stock axle ran?

Old seal on old stock axle... Get the idea?

Okay, now notice in this angle the lack of any machined surface showing cause of where the seal rides stock on the axle...

Now here's the original shaft next to the new shaft. Looking at the bottom pair and the machined surface about 4" or so inboard from the splined end is where that seal rides.

Now look down inside this pocket, this is the new axle with the new replacement seal installed in the 3rd. Notice how much of the machined surface is showing? I think the seal is riding basically right where the axle starts to taper down.

My $30 route is to find a seal with less depth or cup shape to get it to ride on the machined surface. I may have found that. If it works sweet!!! Then my only other concern would be the amount of spline engagement into the carrier or whatever inside the 3rd member. I'll be pulling it out tonight to see what I'm realistically looking at for that stuff though and get an idea of how close or bad it really is. I may have found a seal that's in stock at an autozone here in town that will work. The nice part is it's in stock so I can go compare dimensions to what I have. I even have the OE axle with me I could slide it onto to make sure it seems good.

The joys of going all 100% custom! Hiccups happen... That's all there is to it, it's part of the game...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #26270
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

well, now go eat, drink, have sex, and watch TV.

not in that order.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #26271
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey khris I had a question for you... can I bring over a winch bumper so we can see what needs to happen to just mount it onto the ZJ?

I picked it up yesterday but it only needs to be mated to my zj. Thinking about putting some 2x4 box in the frame to use as frame horns and then mount the bumper onto that itself.

Thanks
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #26272
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Hey khris I had a question for you... can I bring over a winch bumper so we can see what needs to happen to just mount it onto the ZJ?

I picked it up yesterday but it only needs to be mated to my zj. Thinking about putting some 2x4 box in the frame to use as frame horns and then mount the bumper onto that itself.

Thanks
your frame is not horny enough already?!

Quote:

Unread 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #26273
sirhk100

I should be around pretty much all weekend. Let me know when you want to swing by. I might even have some material to unload that'll work.

BTW, starting relatively soon... Not yet... But soon... I may have some steel that would be up for grabs for anyone interested for whatever crazy ideas you guys have floating in your heads. A lot of you have seen that pile I have collected at my house and probably in about 2 weeks I'd like to start making it disappear. Like even if I've promised to knock out a project for you (puck, bumper, adam, towbar, etc...) I'd still love to have it go away and then can bring it back for the actual work day. I'll list what I have and if someone wants it, they can claim it. The rest is going on the curb for the scrap dude to pickup. I'm keeping some of it myself but a lot of it I want gone. Some round tubing, square, rectangle, angle iron, etc...

I know what's already be claimed by puck and adam for promissed projects, I need to see what I actually want to keep around, then the rest... Adios!!!

BTW, Adam, I haven't forgot about you!!!!! I promise!!! What's your schedule like these days? have you relocated to cali or are you still around here all the time? Possibly next weekend if you're around lets knock out your tow bar so I can get that off my empty promise list! LOL

Puck, you'll be after that for your crazy idea!

Unread 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #26274
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ready for a Texas wedding...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #26275
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

your frame is not horny enough already?!
No... with my frame I gotta work at gettin it all cross eyed and sweaty.
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #26276
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Im off sunday this weekend and I get off around 5pm on saturday?? Ill send you a pm.
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #26277
sirhk100

Sounds good...

Unread 05-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #26278
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I should be around pretty much all weekend. Let me know when you want to swing by. I might even have some material to unload that'll work.

BTW, starting relatively soon... Not yet... But soon... I may have some steel that would be up for grabs for anyone interested for whatever crazy ideas you guys have floating in your heads. A lot of you have seen that pile I have collected at my house and probably in about 2 weeks I'd like to start making it disappear. Like even if I've promised to knock out a project for you (puck, bumper, adam, towbar, etc...) I'd still love to have it go away and then can bring it back for the actual work day. I'll list what I have and if someone wants it, they can claim it. The rest is going on the curb for the scrap dude to pickup. I'm keeping some of it myself but a lot of it I want gone. Some round tubing, square, rectangle, angle iron, etc...

I know what's already be claimed by puck and adam for promissed projects, I need to see what I actually want to keep around, then the rest... Adios!!!

BTW, Adam, I haven't forgot about you!!!!! I promise!!! What's your schedule like these days? have you relocated to cali or are you still around here all the time? Possibly next weekend if you're around lets knock out your tow bar so I can get that off my empty promise list! LOL

If you have anything useful for the trailer, keep it. I may want to do some over fender bracing and bringing out the area fore and aft the fenders for wider things like green race trucks.

I was also throwing around the idea of some sort of front "compartment" to hold a set of at least 4 tires. Maybe with some aluminum sheet to keep them out of the sun. It looks like I may have a set of stickies soon so I see trailer time in my future......which means TOW-RIG
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #26279
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Ready for a Texas wedding...

Posted from outer space.
in las vgeas?

P.S. i like how there are just shoes and zappos boxes strewn about the place. lol, i wonder where somebody works?

Quote:

Unread 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #26280
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Hey I'm trying my best!

We ate up like 4' of the angle iron that one day on the campah, and then i'd say we used a good 5" (ha, my girlfriend is normally the one using a good 5"!!!) on my shock bracket tab mount thingamajiggers.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.